Bouts of Frustration with Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bouts of Frustration with Progress

I've been restoring exclusively by inflation with the DTR retainer for the past 2 years. While I have noted some changes (more frequent rollover, wrinkles on the inner skin and shaft, especially when flaccid... and more inner skin on the dorsal side), I have not made as much progress as I thought I would in that time. It is getting frustrating, especially, since prior to this 2 year mark with inflation, I had been experimenting on and off with other restoration techniques for over 5+ years!

My routine has been mostly consistent for the past 2 years: inflate for about 1-2 hours at night, sometimes with a shorter session during the day, usually 5 days a week. For a couple months, I tried inflating to maximum amount of tension/inflation pressure that I could tolerate (almost tight as a drum) when I attached the device. I also then tried inflating to a more moderate tension (think: more pliable balloon) for a couple months. Progress did not seem significantly different between those 2 approaches.

I'm just emerging from a break from restoring and really want to make some headway... I really want my foreskin... Any advice is appreciated!!

Something I found that seems to be helping me is using a product called tummy butter by palmers. It is made with several types of nut oils that help with making the skin more elastic and adding collagen back into the skin. It seems to be working at least a little as I have been at this for almost 2 months and am starting to see consistant roll over of about 1/4" onto my glans as long as I stay flacid. Any type of excitement and all bets are off.

Comment

Try shorter doses of tension. Oddly, my skin seems to respond better if I take my DTR off after 10 minutes or less. Whenever I get amped up and start putting extra effort into tugging, it seems like progress actually slows down at that point. It's hard to tell if it really makes a difference though... I'm in the depressingly slow grower category too, and so far haven't found anything that produces significantly better progress. But I saw my first sign of progress in months while doing just a few short doses of tension per day, so that's what I'm sticking with for now.

Comment

Well, I have always found that this takes a lot longer than I was expecting, smile.

Since you have more frequent rollover, more wrinkles, and more skin on the dorsal side, it sounds like you are making progress. One year I measured progress and found that I was adding about 0.8 mm per month, measured as relaxed skin covering my glans when flaccid. That is a very small amount. How does that compare to what you would estimate?

If you want to try and increase progress, my suggestion would be to experiment further with the amount of tension, and/or the number of times per day. Another idea would be to try cycling tension, along the lines of this paper:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5702816/

All we can do is try things, experiment, and see if it works.

Regards

Comment

I actually have been using an oil-based moisturizer (one of the Wen treatment oils) in recent months, but only after I'm done tugging for the day!

That's a good idea about the shorter bursts of tension - I haven't done that recently. Do you use high tension during those short sessions?
          My only concern about that strategy is how to incorporate shorter doses when outside my residence, or during an active day.

Originally posted by greg_b View Post
          I measured progress and found that I was adding about 0.8 mm per month, measured as relaxed skin covering my glans when flaccid. That is a very small amount. How does that compare to what you would estimate?
          Thanks for that article, I will check it out! I have not taken actual measurements, did you use the Forced Erect Coverage technique?

Comment

Originally posted by BeforeskinProject View Post
            inflate for about 1-2 hours at night, sometimes with a shorter session during the day, usually 5 days a week.
            I recommend constant gentle tension 10-12 hours per day, and wearing your skin retained over the glans during all non-tugging hours.

In 2010 we had 25 volunteers complete a study period of 6 months logging their tugging hours and charting their progress. They averaged 11 hours per day with tension and they mostly retained. They improved the forced reach http://TLCTugger.com/forced-erect-coverage/ of the skin tube by 3mm / month. I caution people against expecting to match this rate, because these restorers knew they were being studied, they were the 10% of 250 initial volunteers who didn't get discouraged or confused by my onerous data collection, and they were self-reporting so who knows if they gave truly accurate numbers.

But it starts with measuring objectively where you are monthly or quarterly.
            -Ron Low
            [email protected]
            847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Tongue stretching seems like a different ballgame since it's a muscle. That's pretty damn impressive though, that they increased their tongue length by 4cm in a month. Wish skin grew that fast.

They left out a critical piece of info in that paper though... they told the method of stretching, said that it was done 5 days a week, 30 times a day, but they didn't tell how long each of those 30 tug cycles was. 1 second? 10 seconds? A minute? That's a pretty important piece of the puzzle.

........I am now going to give tongue stretching a try, because according to that paper it helps with swallowing issues, and I've always had a tendency to choke on my food more often than most people. And if nothing else, being able to lick my nose would be fun. :-P

Comment

Same thing happened to me... Started tugging thinking it would take 2 years, now I'm 5 years in thinking 10... I really hope there is an end in sight for guys like me who can't get as many hours in...
                PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

Originally posted by KragDragon View Post

Tongue stretching seems like a different ballgame since it's a muscle. That's pretty damn impressive though, that they increased their tongue length by 4cm in a month. Wish skin grew that fast.

They left out a critical piece of info in that paper though... they told the method of stretching, said that it was done 5 days a week, 30 times a day, but they didn't tell how long each of those 30 tug cycles was. 1 second? 10 seconds? A minute? That's a pretty important piece of the puzzle.

........I am now going to give tongue stretching a try, because according to that paper it helps with swallowing issues, and I've always had a tendency to choke on my food more often than most people. And if nothing else, being able to lick my nose would be fun. :-P
                  Yes, I was frustrated that paper didn't give that information in the methods section too.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by BeforeskinProject View Post
                    I actually have been using an oil-based moisturizer (one of the Wen treatment oils) in recent months, but only after I'm done tugging for the day!

That's a good idea about the shorter bursts of tension - I haven't done that recently. Do you use high tension during those short sessions?
                    My only concern about that strategy is how to incorporate shorter doses when outside my residence, or during an active day.

Thanks for that article, I will check it out! I have not taken actual measurements, did you use the Forced Erect Coverage technique?
                    I use the amount of tension that feels like it did when I have had good progress. That could be called high tension, but I do not call it that because the word "high" doesn't tell me that. Instead, I can describe it as enough tension that it feels like I have reached my skin's elastic limit, like the stretching has reached a limit and injury is likely with much more. I keep tension on for about 20 minutes. I have only been doing that twice a day, while eating breakfast and dinner, until recently, when I am trying it more than twice a day some days, but have not settled on a schedule.

I have also recently begun incorporating that tongue paper idea. Each time I tug, before fully inflating, I pull on the gripper to elongate the skin momentarily, then release, about one second out and one second back, 30 times. Then fully inflate and leave tension on for 20 minutes.

Fitting in extra session while out and about is not so easy, if it takes 20 minutes, and you have to put a tugger on. I suggest that manual may be a better way to do that, nothing to wear, takes only minutes.

Regards

Comment

Interesting input, guys. Looks like I have some more experimenting to do... neverending it seems!

Originally posted by greg_b View Post

I use the amount of tension that feels like it did when I have had good progress. That could be called high tension, but I do not call it that because the word "high" doesn't tell me that. Instead, I can describe it as enough tension that it feels like I have reached my skin's elastic limit, like the stretching has reached a limit and injury is likely with much more. I keep tension on for about 20 minutes. I have only been doing that twice a day, while eating breakfast and dinner, until recently, when I am trying it more than twice a day some days, but have not settled on a schedule.

I have also recently begun incorporating that tongue paper idea. Each time I tug, before fully inflating, I pull on the gripper to elongate the skin momentarily, then release, about one second out and one second back, 30 times. Then fully inflate and leave tension on for 20 minutes.

Fitting in extra session while out and about is not so easy, if it takes 20 minutes, and you have to put a tugger on. I suggest that manual may be a better way to do that, nothing to wear, takes only minutes.

Regards
                      greb_b I like this regimen, I'm thinking that I'll adjust my strategy to be like yours, as often as I can manage.

Something that came to mind when I'm out and would rather not be applying a device is: doing an RTM/RSM technique as a manual method. Has anyone tried this? I definitely have enough skin to reverse the skin and wrap around one of my fingers and hold it, to simulate RTM without the tape. I attached a quick sketch.
                      Attached Files

Comment

In my opinion, there is a bit of good information in each post above, so what's the bottom line? Experiment, try different strategies. And please, silent readers, do NOT believe that "2 year" thing. It's been around for a lot longer than 2 years in restoration lore. I don't know how it got started, but it has nothing to do with the reality of restorer's actual experience, or anything to do with human physiology.

Comment

I understand your frustration. I've been tugging for 8 years on and off and am still nowhere near complete. The journey is longer than some will have you believe but it will be worth it in the end!
                          Check out my restoration progress gallery here!

Comment

It's not about method or any of that BS, it's about will power: "you have to endure." Any time you feel frustration, you reveal to yourself that you had unrealistic expectations. Just go on, that's all you have to do; expecting that you won't at any point before your goal is evident, causes frustration.

Comment

Originally posted by salamander6773 View Post
                              Same thing happened to me... Started tugging thinking it would take 2 years, now I'm 5 years in thinking 10... I really hope there is an end in sight for guys like me who can't get as many hours in...
                              The key is to have your goal stated in a precise way so you'll know when it's been attained. For example: "I can walk from the lockers to the showers and back with flaccid coverage, ten attempts in a row."

I say tug 10 percent PAST your goal to allow for the skin's temporary elasticity. So if you hit your goal at month 60, keep up the same regimen for another 6 months.
                              -Ron Low
                              [email protected]
                              847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Working...
                              X