Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why I stopped foreskin restoration + hopes for the future.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I stopped foreskin restoration + hopes for the future.

Just to be sure, I'm not trying to talk anyone out of stretching their foreskin, just sharing my experience and fears.
    First, you might have read the story of a man who claims he got Peyronie's disease from foreskin restoration. I'm not saying I believe him 100%, but Peyronie's disease is caused by micro-trauma in the tunica albugina, and I wouldn't be surprised if stretching the skin caused some minor trauma in internal tissues (leading to scar tissue and potentially Peyronie's disease).
    I'm not the only one who feels like their penis has never been the same since they attempted foreskin restoration. I can get erections and everything but it just isn't the same as before. And since Peyronie's can be dormant for years, I don't want to spend the next years fearing for my sex life. My biggest fear is to create further damage and ruin my sex life (I'm 23).
    The second reason one might fear foreskin restoration is Foregen. If Foregen is able to regenerate foreskins, you will have to get re-circumcised. That might cause further problems.
    Also, I find that coating my penis with organic cotton pads has made my glans 20 times more sensitive than before. Maybe as sensitive as some intact men. I use organic almond oil to moisturize it once a day.
    However, I'm a radical intactivist and I will keep supporting anyone who wants to reverse the damage done by genital cutting (circumcision, dorsal slit...).

Originally posted by Janno View Post
    Just to be sure, I'm not trying to talk anyone out of stretching their foreskin, just sharing my experience and fears.
    First, you might have read the story of a man who claims he got Peyronie's disease from foreskin restoration. I'm not saying I believe him 100%, but Peyronie's disease is caused by micro-trauma in the tunica albugina, and I wouldn't be surprised if stretching the skin caused some minor trauma in internal tissues (leading to scar tissue and potentially Peyronie's disease).
    I'm not the only one who feels like their penis has never been the same since they attempted foreskin restoration. I can get erections and everything but it just isn't the same as before. And since Peyronie's can be dormant for years, I don't want to spend the next years fearing for my sex life. My biggest fear is to create further damage and ruin my sex life (I'm 23).
    The second reason one might fear foreskin restoration is Foregen. If Foregen is able to regenerate foreskins, you will have to get re-circumcised. That might cause further problems.
    Also, I find that coating my penis with organic cotton pads has made my glans 20 times more sensitive than before. Maybe as sensitive as some intact men. I use organic almond oil to moisturize it once a day.
    However, I'm a radical intactivist and I will keep supporting anyone who wants to reverse the damage done by genital cutting (circumcision, dorsal slit...).
    So I have to ask, why post? In other words, what do you expect to hear from anyone here? You made a choice, ie stopped tugging, which you are certainly free to do, but it sounds like you can't move on for some reason. Are you looking for validation from someone here? Here's what I have to offer:

1. The penile tunica albuginea is many, many layers below shaft skin (and other tissues) so it isn't involved in any way when someone tugs. You are concerned about something that isn't involved in restoration, never was, never will be. Actually it can't be affected even if it was closer to the surface, too fibrous and it doesn't respond to tugging at all, certainly not in the gentle and natural way that your shaft skin responds. So learning a little about your own anatomy might help, which is why I'm replying here.

2. If you feel that your penis "has never been the same since (you) attempted foreskin restoration" then stop; couldn't be simpler. Tugging isn't for everyone, especially if you are fearful. You imply that you feel fear, for forum chatter (something you seem to know isn't real), and fear for tugging and for Foregen. Actually, Forgen is so far removed from the world you (and I ) live in, that this fear is especially unfounded. Foregen can in no way affect your life currently or in the foreseeable future. But ..... that said, do what you want.

You are free to do what you want.

(And by the way, we don't "stretch" foreskins, we grow more shaft skin, which lies looser and looser on the shaft, so a diffuse fear of mechanical force, like "stretching', doesn't have any meaning either).

Comment

Why post about foreskin restoration concerns in a forum dedicated to foreskin restoration? Because other members could be interested in these concerns. Potential risks, tugging methods, coating, foreskin regeneration... That sounds like things members of this forum could be interested in.

Foregen is doing great. Scientists are growing human ears on mice. 20 years ago people were dying from diseases that barely exist anymore.

I am free. I'm a bit confused, you sound like I'm off topic or you're not interested in my post. Yet the subject fits the category (general discussion about foreskin restoration).

(Agreed, although some people do stretch their foreskins : people with naturally short foreskins who want to gain full coverage.)

Comment

Tugging isn't for everyone, and anyone who does not feel comfortable doing it simply should not do it.

I do have to say that it is not credible to link Peyronie's to restoration. I actually googled and found the post I think you're referring to on a Peyronie's forum. Even on that forum, the poster who alleged the link was met with open skepticism. The reality is that routine masturbation and intercourse is far more "traumatic" to erectile tissue than pretty much any restoration method. A week of restoration won't cause Peyronie's. Sorry, just not credible.

The second reason one might fear foreskin restoration is Foregen. If Foregen is able to regenerate foreskins, you will have to get re-circumcised.
        There is too much that is just plain wrong with these two sentences. First, Foregen holds zero power over me. I don't "have" to do in response to anything they do (or that they don't do, which seems to be more often the case with them). They haven't grown any foreskin for any man yet. I will be restored for years before they achieve anything with a human. Plus their fundraising this year is going quite poorly. They might not even be around for much longer anyway.
        Visit my restoration progress journal.

Comment

You're right, if anyone does not feel comfortable tugging they should not do it. Maybe my fears are irrational, and I'm sure I will start restoring again when I'm older and more confident. Thanks for your answer Mjwise.

Comment

Why post about foreskin restoration concerns in a forum dedicated to foreskin restoration? Because other members could be interested in these concerns. Potential risks, tugging methods, coating, foreskin regeneration... That sounds like things members of this forum could be interested in.

Foregen is doing great. Scientists are growing human ears on mice. 20 years ago people were dying from diseases that barely exist anymore.

I am free. I'm a bit confused, you sound like I'm off topic or you're not interested in my post. Yet the subject fits the category (general discussion about foreskin restoration).

(Agreed, although some people do stretch their foreskins : people with naturally short foreskins who want to gain full coverage.)
            Your other statements aside, I feel the need to respond to your last parenthetical statement because it just isn't true, and my concern is that somebody might read it and come away believing this common misunderstanding to be true. Nobody permanently "stretches" a foreskin. Not the loose skin we grow, and not an intact but short actual foreskin. Because this is within your, and my, definition of "on topic", it needs to be said to keep the record clear; it's basic information on any restoration forum. (At this point I'm also posting to the larger group of readers).

Comment

I just wanted to adress the gentleman who said foreskin restoration did not involve the tunica albugina, because the tunica is many layers below the shaft skin.
              At the coronal sulcus, the layers are all fused together. And that's the part you're pulling when you're restoring.

Comment

I just wanted to adress the gentleman who said foreskin restoration did not involve the tunica albugina, because the tunica is many layers below the shaft skin.
                At the coronal sulcus, the layers are all fused together. And that's the part you're pulling when you're restoring.
                "Fused" aside, nobody "pulls" their sulcus when they tug. I'll repeat that just so it isn't lost on you: the sulcus has virtually no involvement with tugging. You've been pretty much wrong all the way through this thread, as has been pointed out to you by others, and as you can see when you read those replies, but hopefully you're learning a little here. This forum can instruct, if you're open to it. But as I've said, as far as what you do goes, it's all your choice.

Comment

I agree, this forum can instruct. From my experience, the skin I pull is attached to the sulcus, and fused to Buck's fascia.

Comment

Janno, thank you for your post. This is certainly the place to discuss your fears and concerns. I found your post informative and helpful. If you feel like your penis has "never been the same" since beginning restoring - in a bad way - you should certainly take a break to evaluate your methods and goals. For me restoring is part and parcel of physical and spiritual well-being. If restoring is detracting from the joy in your life then stop. You can stop and come back to it later if you choose. It's your penis, your body, and your life after all.

All I can offer is guidance from my experience. I have been tugging regularly (according to my regimen) for over ten years. Like you, I feel like my penis has "never been the same" but in a good way! When I was in my early twenties, and perhaps like you, I had a different approach to tugging. I was a fanatic about it. Once I discovered what had been taken from me, I was angry and determined. I probably went overboard for my own tissue. I had no lasting effects, but there were many times my penis just felt damaged. Not everyone's skin can take the same amount of stress. I've been through the five emotional stages of stress over restoring more than a few times.

Some restorers can tug day and night and see ridiculous progress in months. For some restorers, like me, my progress is measured in years and not months. It just is what it is. In the early years I found it hard to accept this. I thought I wasn't doing enough, that I should tug more. Turns out, I needed to tug less. My penis just can't take more than that. You know when your skin has had enough. You can feel it. I have learned that my body responds better to periodic tugging with multiple days off. Early on, I kept my skin retained when not tugging for days. Now, I have enough skin to remain covered while flaccid most of the time.

It may take me another ten years to get where I want to be. I may never get there. Regardless of the outcome, my progress to date will never go away. My physical and spiritual well-being are better for restoring. It's difficult to describe what restoring can do for your sex life and in return what that can do for you emotional health. For me, it's worth it. My wife now feels the same way. Early on, I think she had secret frustrations with the process because many times I was too sore or damaged to have sex with her. Now, she is excited to see me tugging after days off and is very supportive.

Do what works for you. If ceasing restoring and maintaining glans sensitivity is what works, go for it. I would counter, though, that restoring, should you return to it, produces valuable benefits that are greater than only maintaining sensitivity in my own experience. For some of us, this is a marathon not a sprint. The race may last a couple years or decades. For me, it's less about finishing and more about being in the race.

Good luck!

Comment

I agree, this forum can instruct. From my experience, the skin I pull is attached to the sulcus, and fused to Buck's fascia.
                      Well, it sounds like you want to continue the conversation, so I have to say that you are very much confused here. In your post you cited the tunica albugina, and now for some reason you mention Buck's fascia. Which did you mean?

For you, and in the interests of the general reader:

1. These two tissues are not the same, so they can't be referred to as interchangeable names. They are actually two different tissues which lie much deeper than "skin";

2. Any skin you tug on cannot be "fused" to either the tunica albugina or Buck's fascia. Here's why: the skin we all tug on (shaft skin) is above these two tissues, and shaft skin (as well as old inner mucosa) is always loosely attached to the shaft by connective tissue, not "fused" to the two tissues you've mentioned. We are all formed in the same way. It never varies, (unless you have a disease, which you haven't mentioned) so there is no individual variation in this. This is basic anatomy and it never changes for an individual.

See? More learning. It's always better to ask questions if you are unsure, rather than make blind statements. Anything I say here can be easily verified by going online and researching. If you think about it, saying something that is actually misinformation does a disservice to other members and readers here, who don't know what that truth actually is. So I think it's important that we don't just let your statements sit there without addressing them. The truth of harm from circ is no more important than the truth of what we do as restorers, especially when people worry about restoration. Restoration, tugging, is the slow but wonderful solution to that harm of circ for us who've been affected. These parallel truths are equally important, in my opinion, so they are important to get right.

3. The superficial tissues, ie those which we can see the surfaces of with the naked eye (shaft skin and old inner mucosa), are continuous (by virtue of the scar, in our case) but no device pulls on the sulcus specifically. That isn't how they are designed. PM Ron, ask him about his devices. I would think that any person here who actually tugs (device, or manual for that matter) has recognized this. So I have to wonder, have you really tried tugging? Are you using a manual method? If so, you can simply look down and see where you are gripping your skin.
                      Last edited by Info; 04-25-2016, 04:53 PM.

Comment

scotty05, thank you very much for your kind answer. You're very right in everything you said.

Info, I'll take the time to answer when I find medical drawings that reflect what I'm talking about.

Comment

Here's a (simple) illustration of the relationship of the tissues in cross section. Not all of them, but all that you think are involved. So.........

begin with why you referred to Buck's fascia, and then to the tunica albuginea, and why you think they can be harmfully affected by tugging on shaft skin.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	penis.jpg
Views:	834
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	5268

Your cross section doesn't reflect how connected tissues can be. Yours is a cross section of halfway up the penis.

Look at this one. See how at the sulcus (COS), the dartos connects to Buck's fascia (PF). See how pulling the skin inevitably involves the fascia. Medical books say that Buck's fascia is fused to the tunica (ALB). Hence my concern.

(Penis Anatomy: Midsagittal section showing (clockwise) Buck’s (penile) fascia (PF), coronal sulcus (COS), foreskin (F), dartos (DT), epithelium (E), glans (GL), urethral meatus (MU), lamina propria (LP), coronal sulcus (CS), tunica albuginea (ALB), corpus cavernosum (CC), ventral urethra (U) and surrounding corpus spongiosum. (www.cap.org))

Comment

the only way to prevent this is this method. But you won't be regorwing inner foreskin, only shaft (outer skin). Click image for larger version

Name:	foreskin-restoration-manual-tugging-method-2.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	217.1 KB
ID:	5270

Comment

Working...
                              X