Outer/Inner Skin Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outer/Inner Skin Question

I’m currently around CI 5, full soft coverage on colder days. When I roll my skin forward the entire inner foreskin is taken up covering the head/glans and there is a bit of outer skin under there as well. Over the past few months of restoration, I’ve noticed some of my outer skin that would’ve usually been on the shaft (outer) got shiny and sensitive (while I was retaining and it was tucked under; touching the glans). Currently, that same outer skin looks, acts and feels just like my inner skin just a little less sensitive (nothing much); it covers the upper part of the glans and is quite helpful as it prevents the smegma from getting drying out which aids in keeping the glans moist. It also is a bit tighter there at the tip acting as a rigid band which helps keep the skin from rolling right back down. I was wondering if this is normal or based on your experience should the glans only be covered by inner skin alone or in my case is it okay to have it like this, where the glans is covered by mostly inner skin but with some outer skin on the upper half?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by restored121; 06-29-2020, 12:43 AM.

Originally posted by restored121 View Post
    the entire inner foreskin is taken up covering the head/glans and there is a bit of outer skin under there as well
    Originally posted by restored121 View Post
    should the glans only be covered by inner skin alone or in my case is it okay to have it like this, where the glans is covered by mostly inner skin but with some outer skin on the upper half?
    As you point out, original outer skin that is repurposed to face in against the glans will benefit from that contact with the glans by transforming into something that appears more akin to inner skin.

If you have some outer skin facing in that means that your circumcision scar is facing in. That would be my choice if I had to have a circumcision scar. I don't want scar tissue - with its unpredictable appearance - right at the tip for cosmetic reasons. I don't want damaged skin at the flaccid roll-over point when I could instead have intact skin with intact dartos fascia there - since those intact muscle fibres might be more responsive to temperature changes for a natural-looking pucker. And I for sure don't want any of my surviving inner skin facing out 24/7. I want that precious actual foreskin facing in where it's protected.
    -Ron Low
    [email protected]
    847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Hello Ron, thanks for the feedback. It makes a lot of sense what you said. And yes I absolutely hate the feeling of inner skin and glans rubbing against my underwear; grew up with that feeling everyday through middle school and halfway through high school until I started retaining. Always knew something was wrong. Keratinization sure does happen a lot faster than dekeratinization; would take me less than 3 days to revert to a fully keratinized dried out glans but would take weeks to get shiny with some smegma production and increased sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
      X