Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Question...

Hey guys.

As many of you may know, I have a progress gallery on here which begins with some tips/tricks/advice to help guide our fellow restorers. I've learned a lot since I started in 2017, both from personal experience and from other members of the forum, and I want to try to make that knowledge accessible and useful.

That said, I would like to know if anyone has suggestions for additions to this list. Are there things you know now that you wish you'd known sooner? When you were brand new to FR (or if you're currently new), what help/info/advice could you have used the most? Have you encountered any problems and, if so, how did you solve them? Do you have any unorthodox ways of handling certain things that others may not have thought of? Have you seen the same question asked 1,000 times, and would love to not see it any more?

The only things I'm NOT looking for are things like instructions for making and using home-made retaining/tugging devices.
    Other than that, I'd love to hear from you guys. To be able to consolidate that kind of knowledge into a "one-stop shop" kind of deal could be incredibly helpful to guys at all stages of their restoration.

If we can get a decent amount of useful feedback, I'd also try to work to see if we can't get all of that info (including the stuff already on my progress gallery) into some sort of permanent place in the "Welcome/Orientation Center", as that is likely where it would do the most good. It would also spare people from having to look at my wiener in order to get some decent info lol.

I'll say using the dtr lighter tension that the device can stay on for like 4 hours is better than more tension that slips off after 1-2 hours. If you are trying to fit into a work schedule. More tugging time is better than more tension, unless you can constantly reapply the device. Also tight boxer briefs help keep device on and hidden.

Comment

Some advice I wish I paid closer attention to when I started is pay close attention to your POE when attaching what ever method you choose.

2 benefits I can think of ...
      • if you attach on the POE you will put even tension on both inner and outer skin and will grow them as evenly as possible
      • since you have tension on both instead of one more than the other you may see slightly quicker results
      i got in the habit of attaching t tapes just behind my POE and now I can tell I have more outer skin than inner. Not a big deal but if if I paid closer attention it would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by vbnm0124 View Post
        Some advice I wish I paid closer attention to when I started is pay close attention to your POE when attaching what ever method you choose.

2 benefits I can think of ...
        • if you attach on the POE you will put even tension on both inner and outer skin and will grow them as evenly as possible
        • since you have tension on both instead of one more than the other you may see slightly quicker results
        i got in the habit of attaching t tapes just behind my POE and now I can tell I have more outer skin than inner. Not a big deal but if if I paid closer attention it would be better.
        Not familiar with the acronym POE, could you clarify that for me?

Comment

High tension can lead to no growth or slow growth. I was doing around 22 pounds for 2 minute intervals at one stage and about 5-7 pounds for longer 30 min - 1 hr sessions. Really slow to no results. Really stupid but I was reading guys saying they were doing "high tension" for short times and getting good results and I didnt want to put in much time strapped up...I even thought I was trying low tension doing ~3 pounds for ages too... Then I decided tugging didnt work and went to inflation. A lot of ppl say inflate till the skin is firm but for me I think that was too high tension as well and had poor results. But I still stuck at it on and off for many many years cause thats what everyone else seemed to be doing.

Using a fish scale Im sticking to 10-12oz of tugging tension with a strap and Ive seen good results. Might inflate to low tension soon too.

Would love to see a breakdown on mitosis, how it works, what hormones stimulate it, HGH or IGF 1 or?

A breakdown on why moisturizer wont help u grow faster as a lot of guys seem to go in that direction. If your skin is irritated it will help but it wont grow your skin.
          Last edited by Random; 07-30-2020, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Metal One View Post

Not familiar with the acronym POE, could you clarify that for me?
            Sure -POE is the Point Of Equilibrium. Essentially if you have been circumcised it’s the scar left behind - or where the inner skin ends and outer skin on you shaft begins.

Comment

Originally posted by vbnm0124 View Post

Sure -POE is the Point Of Equilibrium. Essentially if you have been circumcised it’s the scar left behind - or where the inner skin ends and outer skin on you shaft begins.
              Interesting. I've come across that idea before, just using the term "scar line" instead of POE.
              Thank you for the contribution!

Comment

Putting this here both as a reminder for myself, and another prompt to assist with those who want to contribute to this: what is a list of restoration "do"s and "don't"s?

Comment

Dont wear a device while sleeping.
                  dont ignore discomfort

Do take care of your skin with lotion
                  Do wear a device with tight boxer briefs with confidence in public

Comment

Working...
                  X