"New" stretching technique, please spread it! It is amazing! - Kynodesme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "New" stretching technique, please spread it! It is amazing! - Kynodesme

New restoring/"stretching/retaining technique (that would be more accurate I think):

Guys, I am very eager to tell y'all about this. I found a new restoring technique, which is very simple and you don't have to buy expensive stuff. It might only work if you have some skin already.

So I found out that the greek athletes used tie a cord around their foreskin while running, because showing off the glans was considered immoral and offensive. The greek also saw long foreskins as something beautiful, and the Jews who were cut used to do stretching and use this method, which is called kynodesmē.

A kynodesmē was a cord or string or sometimes a leather strip that was worn by some athletes in Ancient Greece and Etruria to prevent the exposure of the glans penis in public. It was tied tightly around the akroposthion, the part of the foreskin that extends beyond the glans.

Guys it's amazing really, you just tie a cord around your foreskin and you can keep it closed, so your glans can get smoother and stay covered and at the same time you are "stretching" without any pain!

I have been doing this and the results have been very good. Please spread the word, it will help many. I use a rubber band, it's very simple, practical and efficient. You just gotta make sure that you aren't compressing your skin too much so the blood doesn't get stuck.

This link from wikipedia explains it very well, with pictures, history and how to tie it:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kynodesme

Please spread this, it has revolutionized my restoring process! I haven't seen it anywhere else, you only need a cord or a rubber band to make progress! Spread the word!
    Last edited by Anonymousrestorer; 02-05-2021, 08:50 AM.

I find this interesting for the fact that you're recreating a modern version of an ancient way of hiding the glans, but I think it would be much more appropriate to call this a retaining technique, rather than a restoring technique.

I think this would be an interesting, cheap, and effective means of retaining. Some guys don't want to wait to be restored before they get the sensitivity back, and this might be a great option for them. I'm sure it might encourage some growth (mostly outer skin would be my bet) but not efficiently enough.

Calling this a restoring technique implies that it is growth-focused which, unless I'm overlooking something, isn't quite accurate. You'd need to somehow add weights or a strap into the mix, at least, for this to be an effective way to grow skin.

Not trying to crap on your thread; I was being genuine when I said I found it interesting. I just think you have a couple oversights.

Comment

Originally posted by The Metal One View Post
      I find this interesting for the fact that you're recreating a modern version of an ancient way of hiding the glans, but I think it would be much more appropriate to call this a retaining technique, rather than a restoring technique.

I think this would be an interesting, cheap, and effective means of retaining. Some guys don't want to wait to be restored before they get the sensitivity back, and this might be a great option for them. I'm sure it might encourage some growth (mostly outer skin would be my bet) but not efficiently enough.

Calling this a restoring technique implies that it is growth-focused which, unless I'm overlooking something, isn't quite accurate. You'd need to somehow add weights or a strap into the mix, at least, for this to be an effective way to grow skin.

Not trying to crap on your thread; I was being genuine when I said I found it interesting. I just think you have a couple oversights.
      Oh I see, thanks for the feedback. I'm gonna change the thread name to new retaining/"stretching" technique. I think it might be more accurate. Since your foreskin stays covered, that would soften the glans as well, and also help with keeping some moisture. So I think one of the benefits would be stimulating the softening the skin of the glans, and some inner skin if you already have some. It might be helpful for folks like me who are kinda "lazy" or too "busy" to spend much time stretching, so even though it might not cause a lot of growth it at least gives you a sensation that your skin is covered, which helped me a lot with my self-esteem.
      With some adaptations it could maybe be more of a stretching technique, or at least contribute to it somehow. If anyone has any suggestions for improvement or something that would be amazing. Anyways thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Looks like a good way to cut off blood circulation.
        I make my own devices.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Tugger View Post
          Looks like a good way to cut off blood circulation.
          I actually tried the suggested method a few times, just to say I have, using a regular rubber band. At first, I was impressed...then, well, your assessment was correct. It was either too tight, or too loose, every time.
          I don't doubt that an uncut guy would be able to hold his foreskin in place using the described method but, unless you have a LOT of slack skin (I'm well into CI-4, and I don't have enough) it's just going to either pop off while you're walking around, or cut off circulation.

I'm now very reluctant to recommend this, even as a method of retaining. The "Your Skin Cone", taping, or other reputable retaining devices simply work better.
          Kinda seeing one of the possible reasons why this method didn't survive to the modern era. Technology has advanced to the point where we can do better than a length of string, or rubber band, for retaining.

If you want to retain, but your budget is your primary obstacle, you can pick up surgical tape at virtually any drug store. The adhesive lasts a surprisingly long time, is very water-resistant, it doesn't hurt (in my experience), and it's cheaper than a manufactured retaining device (in the short term).

Still not trying to crap on the OP and the idea put forth...I just don't see it working anymore. There are too many better options.

Comment

I agree with The Metal One,
            This practice was only for appearances. I’d previously read about the kynodesme. The article that I read explained that because ancient Greek culture so revered and admired the naturally whole and intact human form, given the obvious exposure of the glans when competing in sports while naked, some fellow competitors who were Jewish used to pull forward their snipped foreskins and tie it closed with a string so as not to cause offense or be publicly mocked. A publicly exposed glans was deemed obscene. Some scholars say that this act may have resulted in why the rabbis started making the much more severe circumcision that we are so familiar with in modern times. Apparently, at first the ancient Jews only snipped the very end of the acroposthian, removing only the ridged band. This leads me to wonder if most Jewish men don’t also experience a complete lack of sensitivity in their penises like I did once I turned fifty or there about. Then again, I’m learning that desensitized glans don’t occur across the board with every circumcised man. Guess I’m just one of the not so fortunates.,
            Tugger1

Comment

I used an "O" ring for the same purpose. They come in a myriad of sizes so it is possible to choose a size that will retain without cutting of blood flow.

Comment

Strongly reccomend against rubberbands. Look up how Elastrators work.

The kynodesme works ok, but i never found a cord that gets really great grip. About the best i'd found were the stretchy type of shoelaces for tennisshoes.

For sports, it really does draw everything up out of the way, and uses your own skin to provide support.

i've been wanting to try it out again more with a ball stretcher to help target some stretch. Also wondered about anchoring a cockring at base around body to keep scrotum and pubic skin off the shaft. Maybe some more weight on the shaft with rings?

i believe the jews stretching thing you're refering to was actually something like a "pondus judea". Weight to grow enough skin that a kynodesme could be used. Which apparently brought on an arms race leading from 'milah' to 'periah' style genital mutilation.

http://www.justwearasmile.co.uk/nat/...ynod/kynod.htm

Yanomani in south america also came up with the same garment, don't remember if they have another name.

anyway, how the hell do you pronounce it?
                Saying someone is "Unmutilated" is like saying "Unsweet Tea". So you mean it's just Tea, in its natural state, that nobody has screwed up? It can't be Un- anything

Comment

Working...
                X