Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any known risks to foreskin restoration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any known risks to foreskin restoration?

I'd really like to start restoring, I'm just worried about the potential risks as it is not clinically researched. Has anyone here had any problems since they started restoring, and if so what? Do any of you regret restoring?

As you pointed out, this is not a topic that has been clinically researched. Because of this, all we have to go by is information shared amongst the community. It can't hurt to speak to your doctor about the subject, prior to starting. Doctors typically know nothing about FR, and may even suggest that it's a bad idea, but if you keep the focus on asking "is there a medical reason why I CAN'T do this?" then you should be able to get a straight answer.
    That said, I think this is a topic that doesn't demand medical studies...

Assuming you have no medical issues with your penis (recently, we had someone post regarding restoring after a surgery to correct penile curvature, for example), there are virtually no risks if you restore while following a few simple rules:

1, Do not use too much tension. The correct amount of tension seems to be different from person to person; one simply has to start slow, and increase in small increments until they figure out a level of tension that causes no pain, or injury, while providing a stretch that feels effective. Some guys get too eager for results, and end up using enough tension that they suffer from anything ranging from a micro-tear in the skin, or even something as extreme as constant pain in the area, even after tugging has ceased for a long period of time, and erectile dysfunction. If you're cautious, and don't try to push yourself too hard, the best rule of thumb is "if it hurts...either take a break, or stop". Simple, but yet there are still guys who have trouble with this one.

2, Do not tug while asleep, or while doing anything that could prevent you from feeling as you normally would (heavy drinking, drugs, etc.). This should be pretty self-explanatory, but I'll elaborate just in case. Not being able to feel/notice pain will prevent you from realizing something is wrong and that you should stop tugging. Also, since men typically get multiple erections while asleep, wearing a tugging device during one of these erections can injure you...even more so if you roll over in your sleep at the wrong time. There are some who have figured out ways to tug during sleep, but they should only be attempted by the most experienced and cautious restorers. It's just not worth the risk.

3, Do not tug if your skin is dry, or if you have scars (excluding a circumcision scar). Dry/scarred tissue can't take as much tension, making tears more likely, and scar tissue doesn't grow as fast as normal, healthy skin.

4, If you get an injury, stop tugging until the injury is 100% healed.

5, If you're using the same device regularly, be sure to clean it often. A lot of devices have extended contact with the meatus (urethral opening), and a dirty device can cause a urinary tract infection. Not a huge deal, but no one wants one of those.

I've seen many people weigh in on the "do you regret restoring?" or "is it worth it?" questions (a finished user named Socal69 has a progress gallery, if you want to ask questions there. He's cool about it). The few that injured themselves will say they regret it, as would be expected. Those who stick with it, follow the rules, and remain patient enough to reach the finish line never regret it. They all report improved sensitivity, and a better sex life in general. The good news is that you don't have to finish to see benefits; many report improvements long before finishing (myself included).

For the record, I've been restoring (actively) for 2.5 years and managed to go from a CI-2 to CI-5 in that time. I have injured myself, just a few micro-tears that just slowed me down, but it was the result of issues with the device I was using at the time. I also have a progress gallery, which has monthly entries detailing my methods as well as the experience of restoration as a whole. Might be worth a read, if you decide to proceed and want an idea of what to expect.

EDIT: When I say "virtually no risks", I'm not accounting for random events that may occur during life. For example, if you're wearing a tugging device with a leg-strap, and something snags the strap, it's going to pull very hard on your tissue and could hurt you. "Virtually no risks" assumes that all safety rules have been followed, there are no medical conditions, your skin is healthy, and no "acts of god" for lack of a better term.

Comment

The Metal One gave a comprehensive answer, and I completely agree with it. I have had some minor skin tears, and abrasions. And, it is a bit inconvenient at times. But these are very minor compared to the major benefits that you are likely to achieve. And, that is one of the issues in answering your question, is you are skin for the negative aspects, but not about the positive, yet if I read between the lines, it sounds like you are wondering whether to restore or not. To me, that means you should be weighing the risks vs the benefits, not simply asking about the risks, yes?

So, I will add that the risks stated above, arguably quite minor and easily dealt with, should be compared to the benefits. You can find many discussions on-line about the benefits, but here is what I have found as a benefit for me:

Climaxes improved dramatically, going from what one might call "tension climaxes" that last a minute, then I am quickly ready for more, to "whole body" climaxes, that go one until I am spent, and leave me totally satisfied.

The build up leading to climax went from a focused mental wind up that required well orchestrated movements and fantasies, to a wonderfully sensuous playful enjoyment of lots of different ways to stimulate myself.

Before, my wife could not bring me to climax using her hand, she simply could not move her hand effectively. After restoring she could bring me to climax easily, had fun doing it, and could use a variety of techniques.

Before, my wife needed multiple applications of lubricant for intercourse. After, she didn't need any. Nor did she get sore fore days afterward. She was astounded. In addition, she was the first mention that intercourse was feeling curiously better, even early on in my restoration.

You will never know how much a difference having a foreskin makes to your and your wife's sexual pleasure, but I can say based on my experience, that the foreskin is highly valuable and should be thought of as the most important part of our anatomically for sexual pleasure and functioning.

Hope that helps you to frame your thoughts better.

greg

Comment

Originally posted by Jli88 View Post
        I'd really like to start restoring, I'm just worried about the potential risks as it is not clinically researched. Has anyone here had any problems since they started restoring, and if so what? Do any of you regret restoring?
        See https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...onymous-report

and https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...g-glans-damage

and https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...rney#post31717

And search here for other topics using keywords like damage, injury, infection.

NEVER tolerate pain. If you can't get to ready privacy to stop an uncomfortable situation, you shouldn't be tugging in that context. With a strapped tugger one can often discreetly feel through the fabric of the pants to unclip the strap or release the retaining cone even in public view.
        -Ron Low
        [email protected]
        847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Jli88,

I agree with both the Metal One and greg_b. This journey is well worth the effort. I’ve found my biggest challenge to be motivation. Despite the increased sensitivity and better sexual experiences specifically attributed to having grown more skin, for a good many restorers, this process can move at a glacial pace. Due to the incremental increases in skin growth, from time to time a few of us will get frustrated and slack off for a while before resuming our efforts. That’s why a supportive community forum such as we have is truly important. As of this posting, I’ve not retained nor tugged in over a week because of my using too much tension that caused an abrasion to my frenulum. I try to focus on the end result and my yearly progress instead of weekly or monthly.
          Tugger1

Comment

To keep it short the risks are outweighed by the benefits! I think everyone else did a great job of explaining the potential for injury, but if you restore safely you will be fine.
            Progress Gallery

It's worth it boys. Keep going!

Comment

Originally posted by socal69 View Post
              To keep it short the risks are outweighed by the benefits! I think everyone else did a great job of explaining the potential for injury, but if you restore safely you will be fine.
              It's funny, because this is the mentality behind most medical treatments; is the potential benefit to the patient more significant than the potential side-effects of the treatment?
              Just pointing out the irony. We're using a procedure that is scoffed at by the medical community, to undo damage done by said community, while applying the same mindset.

It's almost like one of the two groups is factually incorrect, and doesn't realize it

Comment

Originally posted by The Metal One View Post

It's funny, because this is the mentality behind most medical treatments; is the potential benefit to the patient more significant than the potential side-effects of the treatment?
                Just pointing out the irony. We're using a procedure that is scoffed at by the medical community, to undo damage done by said community, while applying the same mindset.

It's almost like one of the two groups is factually incorrect, and doesn't realize it
                Great point! To me the apparent contradiction is due to multiple biases that the medical community tends to have. For example, my experience is that many view the foreskin as without significant value. From that perspective, they see the benefits of amputating a foreskin outweigh the negatives. They also seem to cherry pick data, seem to forget about the right to bodily integrity, and that parents do not have the right to make any decision at any time regarding their children, and a bias toward accepting on face value peer reviewed papers touting the benefits of circumcision. I probably have not covered all of the biases, but that is a start.

Thanks for making that point, it is a good one and you put it so well!

greg

Comment

Working...
                X