Tip. Getting the cone to stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip. Getting the cone to stick

Use some powder! Like the anti itch stuff for guys. Even after applying vitamin e oil I can get my cone to stay on if I use the Anti Monkey Butt powder.

To each his own I guess. I’ve tried regular talcum powder but that just served to coat the inside of my retaining cone (like when it’s dirty with sloughed off skin cells after a tugging session). Maybe I need to use a different kind of powder.
    Tugger1

Comment

Not a fan of powder myself. It could even act like a lubricant. I guess it depends on which type.

A freshly washed silicone device should cling pretty well to freshly washed skin.
      -Ron Low
      [email protected]
      847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Yeah, powder doesn't make sense; if you think about it, it's the opposite of "sticky". With sticky in mind, you can take tape meant for contact with human skin and blot its adhesive on the surface of the cone itself. This worked for me (in the distant past; I'm long restored).

Comment

Actually rock climbers use powder to dry their sweaty oily hands which helps them stick. This is just Talc Calamine Powder I am talking about. After using that on my penis and a cleaned moist cone it doesn’t get pushed off ever. The silicone cap needs to be free of lint and moist helps. Water or saliva works to wipe it when it won’t stick. Sometimes it won’t stick because of urine, so I figured out drying off the pee helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
            Actually rock climbers use powder to dry their sweaty oily hands which helps them stick. This is just Talc Calamine Powder I am talking about. After using that on my penis and a cleaned moist cone it doesn’t get pushed off ever. The silicone cap needs to be free of lint and moist helps. Water or saliva works to wipe it when it won’t stick. Sometimes it won’t stick because of urine, so I figured out drying off the pee helps.
            Actually, you aren't rock climbing, and the tension you place on a cone doesn't involve trying to haul your entire body weight against gravity or against moisture or "oil". The small particles of powder act as tiny ball bearings, allowing anything on either side of the powder to slide. Sticky (or simple physical compression) is the operative concept, which squelches "slide".

Comment

But whatever, if you find something which works for you then go for it. I answer posts with newbies in mind, who need to understand that experimenting is key in the so-called "restoration" practice.

Comment

Working...
              X