Restoring with chronic pelvic pain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoring with chronic pelvic pain?

The skin on my erect penis is firmer than the skin on my index finger. For over two years (since around the same time I started trying to restore), I have had a constant mild aching pain only on the dorsal (top) side of my penis shaft that only subsides if I both stop masturbating and stop tugging for a week or two. A few months after the pain started, I went to a urologist and was told I have chronic prostatitis, probably caused by stress. I was recommended to implement some holistic lifestyle changes to manage symptoms.

Basically, my restoration journey has been: tug for a few days -> aching pain gets slightly worse -> I worriedly keep tugging -> pain continues to get worse -> I stop for a few weeks -> repeat the cycle

I've tried tugging in different positions, using increasingly low tension, increasing time between tugging, trying to masturbate as little as possible, basically everything I can to make this work. I have no idea if what I'm doing is safe, and there's no fucking place I can go for medical advice on this. I have never once caused visible damage, and the rest of my penis has always been pain-free, so it's hard for me to rationalize how something as innocuous as lightly pulling on my skin could cause this pain. This leads me to alternate between tugging despite the pain and catastrophizing that I'm destroying my penis.

I want to restore. Things would be so much better if I could overcome this. I shouldn't have to settle for a lifetime of sexual mediocrity, but I'm worried that I'm only making things worse.

You seem to be on a regimen of sorts. Yes, it might take you a bit longer, but so what? We’re basically all in the same boat...on this long journey. Perhaps as you acclimate your skin to being under constant tension, however low it may be, at least you’re tugging. Who knows...maybe in a few months as you continue on your regimen, your dorsal skin may become more accustomed to being placed under tension and the pain will subside. I like the fact that you are willing to push beyond the initial discomfort, then pausing once the pain becomes more acute.
    Today, I was wearing my stealth Retainer weight system while sitting on a stool and using one of the heavier combinations, 24 oz. Then, a vendor arrived and I had to move about. Even though I tucked the device into my tug n wear jock strap, then wore a fitted boxer brief over that (to help minimize any sudden tendon stretching due to movement) Still, this was not sufficient to avoid a distinct burning sensation. At which point, I excused myself briefly and went to the bathroom and removed all the weight. Like you, I often push myself just a bit to tolerate some discomfort, but the moment things start to get real uncomfortable, I’ll immediately pause and take a break. Since I’ve been away for several weeks, I had only brought along 12 oz. of weights . Now that I made it back home where my FR devices and accessories are stored, I am now attempting to up my ‘go to’ weight from 12 oz. to 16 oz. This new weight will take a little getting used to, but I am hoping that I will become accustomed to tugging with it just as I’ve become accustomed to tugging with 12 oz.
    Tugger1

Comment

Originally posted by takingbackmypenis View Post
      The skin on my erect penis is firmer than the skin on my index finger. For over two years (since around the same time I started trying to restore), I have had a constant mild aching pain only on the dorsal (top) side of my penis shaft that only subsides if I both stop masturbating and stop tugging for a week or two. A few months after the pain started, I went to a urologist and was told I have chronic prostatitis, probably caused by stress. I was recommended to implement some holistic lifestyle changes to manage symptoms.

Basically, my restoration journey has been: tug for a few days -> aching pain gets slightly worse -> I worriedly keep tugging -> pain continues to get worse -> I stop for a few weeks -> repeat the cycle

I've tried tugging in different positions, using increasingly low tension, increasing time between tugging, trying to masturbate as little as possible, basically everything I can to make this work. I have no idea if what I'm doing is safe, and there's no fucking place I can go for medical advice on this. I have never once caused visible damage, and the rest of my penis has always been pain-free, so it's hard for me to rationalize how something as innocuous as lightly pulling on my skin could cause this pain. This leads me to alternate between tugging despite the pain and catastrophizing that I'm destroying my penis.

I want to restore. Things would be so much better if I could overcome this. I shouldn't have to settle for a lifetime of sexual mediocrity, but I'm worried that I'm only making things worse.
      Hi,
      Sorry to hear restoring causes you aches and pains.

What happens if you just retain the skin over the glans 24/7 for days? I'm thinking you could start by just retaining, and then after some weeks add a small packing spacer. And then after weeks or months add a bigger packer. At any time (except the start) you could drop back one step if the pain kicks in.

Do you use booze or other recreational drugs often? Would you be willing to? I use 4mg of THC in a gummy in the evening or at a party and it helps me feel relaxed and not stressed about things.

Does ibuprofin give any relief to the ache? It's not great for your liver to get into a habit with it, but I find it helps with the achey joints I get from assembling devices.

Are you carrying extra weight in the gut area? Maybe losing weight would change the way your skin is stressed.
      -Ron Low
      [email protected]
      847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Guys,
        It always helps, when you have a medical-type question, to state your age (or age group, e.g., I'm in my 40s), and the method(s)/device(s) that you are using.

In general, acute prostatitis is a disease of younger men, and is often treatable with antibiotics. Chronic prostatitis is most often a disease of older men, Chronic prostatitis has mysterious origins - may not be due to bacterial infection at all - and often does not respond to any of the available treatments. Chronic prostatitis also affects overweight younger men.

takingbackmypenis,
        I thought that you might benefit from a post that I made to the old restore-list emailing list way back in 2008 (excerpt reproduced below).

***BEGIN except from my post to restore-list in 2008***
        The only man I know, who sustained a substantial injury while restoring, did so while using the commercially available PUD [a weighted device]. I met him at a NORM-San Diego meeting in 2001. He got a deep skin tear - almost a flesh wound - on the dorsal (top) side of his penis near the base that took a long time to heal. He didn't remember receiving a jolt that could have caused his injury. The flesh just separated. After taking a long vacation from tugging to heal, he completed his restoration with T-tape and elastic strap [strapping up and to the side].

Another man complained online of stress marks forming in the same place on his penis.

If you use weighted methods, keep an eye on the top of your penis near the base for signs of injury. Weighted methods can also expand your suspensory ligament, which can change your erection angle. I have a very tight erection angle. When standing upright with a raging hard-on, my penis is at about a 35 degree angle from my body. Only about 30 percent of guys are like that. A larger percentage have an erection angle of 45 degrees to 90 (parallel to the floor) degrees. About 10 percent of guys have penises that still point down when fully erect. Because of my tight erection angle, I HAD to strap up and to the side. Strapping down was very uncomfortable for me, and did not accommodate my spontaneous erections. Through all the tugging I did, I did not see a difference in erection angle, so my suspensory ligament must have been largely unaffected.

Many men have restored using weighted methods, including our founding father of NORM, Wayne Griffiths, with his foreballs invention, but be mindful of the hazards.
        ***END excerpt from post to restore-list in 2008***

David
        World As Monkey Island
        Last edited by Science Monk; 05-26-2021, 12:19 PM. Reason: clarity
        I declared myself finished restoring with 3/4 erect coverage (CI-8.5) in 2005. I primarily used T-tape, strapping up and around my waist.
        I've participated in NORM meetings in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle (RECAP), and Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Every doubt, reservation, or concern I had about my restoration was resolved by achieving additional foreskin LENGTH.....So just KOT !

Comment

Science Monk,

Thanks for your post. I’m 56 now and have been restoring since 9/2019. I’m also in the category of the larger percentage of guys with 90 degree erections. Always wished I could acquire a 35 degree erection, but think that’s strictly genetics. Thankfully, I don’t have any prostatitis issues. However, my preferred method of restoration is mostly the use of weights. Alternating between my TLC-X with attached weighted danglers or my stealth retainer weight system. When acclimating to a newer heavier weight, I always take care to try limiting movements so as not to place too much stress on my suspensory ligaments. Spontaneous erections aren’t such a problem for me at this age. I guess I’ve also been lucky to not have very delicate skin in that area, but I have noticed a bit of dryness at the base of my penis (dorsal side). Since I wear my device all the time, I’m reluctant to use any moisturizer in that region. I find that it tends to interfere with my device’s ability to form a good seal or grip.
          Tugger1

Comment

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your thoughts and advice.

I'm 25 and very thin. I don't have nearly enough skin to retain or use a device. I have only used manual methods, tugging once every 90 minutes or so by lightly stretching the skin for 15 seconds on each section of the penis.

I've never had sex, so I don't think it's at all likely to be bacterial prostatitis.

I agree that some progress is better than nothing, but at my current rate I'd probably die before I'm finished. I'm not interested in using pain relievers, and I'm wary of pushing through the pain.

I think going to another doctor or two at least to better understand why this pain might be happening will help me decide what to do going forward. Unfortunately I'm waiting until I'm fully vaccinated (6 weeks) to start seeing doctors again so for now I'm abstaining from both masturbation and tugging. Going to do some reading about chronic pelvic pain as well.

Comment

Working...
            X