Repositioning of the Scar Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repositioning of the Scar Line

Restorers who have positioned their scar line at the tip of your foreskin tube, had you experienced any adverse effects?

Nope seems like the way to go!
    Progress Gallery

It's worth it boys. Keep going!

Comment

Originally posted by socal69 View Post
      Nope seems like the way to go!
      This thread is seeking input from those who've restored and who now wear their skin such that the scar is situated at the flaccid roll-over point. I can't speak to that, but:

In the summer I do some swimming at my mom's, which gives me a chance to see my skin clamped over the glans even hours later due to shrinkage. I like the fact that my scar is facing in out of sight, and that undamaged dartos fascia is available to give a neat pucker.
      -Ron Low
      [email protected]
      847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

I have not noticed any adverse effects. And, as I have restored my scar has become so diffuse and hard to see, I can't use it for aligning tapes anymore.

What adverse effects were you thinking might be the case?

Regards

Comment

One restorer said his was overly sensitive.

Comment

I had got left with little skin overall - I called it a CI 0. And thescar line was close (10mm?) to my glans corona.
            I expanded both skin tubes using the T-tape method. The T-tape applied at the "line of equilibrium" each time.
            Coverage is now about CI 7 or 8 giving full, reliable, realistic flaccid coverage of my glans. The scar line is about half-way inside.

I'm happy with the result. Can even arrange things (quick tug on ventral skin overhang) to piss with the skin forwards!
            Tormod

Some of you may have had occasion to run into mathematicians and to wonder therefore how they got that way - Tom Lehrer

Comment

Originally posted by tomjones View Post
              Restorers who have positioned their scar line at the tip of your foreskin tube, had you experienced any adverse effects?
              You may be interested in my previous post on the subject HERE:
              https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...7532#post17532

David
              World As Monkey Island
              I declared myself finished restoring with 3/4 erect coverage (CI-8.5) in 2005. I primarily used T-tape, strapping up and around my waist.
              I've participated in NORM meetings in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle (RECAP), and Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Every doubt, reservation, or concern I had about my restoration was resolved by achieving additional foreskin LENGTH.....So just KOT !

Comment

There is no reason to tug with your scar line at a reference point. If you grow enough additional (new) shaft skin then your scar will automatically roll under as you roll down your "skin tube". And anyhow, tugging on scar tissue will cause it to "fill in" (as it were) with normal skin cells, thereby making the scar more or less "disappear", appear more like the surrounding tissue. Tugging on scar tissue (located on various areas of the body) was an old method of getting rid of that tissue. Goes all the way back to Medieval times.

Thinking that there is some benefit from thicker, inflexible, scar tissue at the tip or "lip" of the skin tube is a much discussed restoration myth. There is no benefit to it.

Comment

There is no reason to tug with your scar line at a reference point. If you grow enough additional (new) shaft skin then your scar will automatically roll under as you roll down your "skin tube". What do I do to prevent my skin from rolling down into my foreskin tube? And anyhow, tugging on scar tissue will cause it to "fill in" (as it were) with normal skin cells, thereby making the scar more or less "disappear", appear more like the surrounding tissue [Thanks]. Tugging on scar tissue (located on various areas of the body) was an old method of getting rid of that tissue. Goes all the way back to Medieval times.

Thinking that there is some benefit from thicker, inflexible, scar tissue at the tip or "lip" of the skin tube is a much discussed restoration myth. There is no benefit to it. It has been said to reposition the scar line to the tip off the foreskin tube, why?
                  Last edited by tomjones; 07-20-2021, 07:06 AM.

Comment

There is no reason to tug with your scar line at a reference point. If you grow enough additional (new) shaft skin then your scar will automatically roll under as you roll down your "skin tube". What do I do to prevent my skin from rollmdown into my foreskin tube? And anyhow, tugging on scar tissue will cause it to "fill in" (as it were) with normal skin cells, thereby making the scar more or less "disappear", appear more like the surrounding tissue [Thanks]. Tugging on scar tissue (located on various areas of the body) was an old method of getting rid of that tissue. Goes all the way back to Medieval times.

Thinking that there is some benefit from thicker, inflexible, scar tissue at the tip or "lip" of the skin tube is a much discussed restoration myth. There is no benefit to it. It has been said to reposition the scar line to the tip off the foreskin tube, why?
                    Why? Because it's the internet,AKA social media, where, in the name of being "popular" morons pass on "information" they don't understand. This particular issue has been discussed many times over the years, and the morons ignore any counter point because they don't understand anything about the facts of this practice (tugging). Some of them don't even actually tug. Read information critically.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post

This thread is seeking input from those who've restored and who now wear their skin such that the scar is situated at the flaccid roll-over point. I can't speak to that, but:

In the summer I do some swimming at my mom's, which gives me a chance to see my skin clamped over the glans even hours later due to shrinkage. I like the fact that my scar is facing in out of sight, and that undamaged dartos fascia is available to give a neat pucker.
                      Dear Admin, is it true that actual restoration of the foreskin is just a myth? Does your restored skin not naturally cover the glans unless ice cold?

Comment

Originally posted by tommyreptar3 View Post
                        is it true that actual restoration of the foreskin is just a myth?
                        Some object to the use of the word restoration because it implies returning to original condition. We know that what's gone is gone. We know that we can expand the surviving skin, which has tangible benefits. https://tlctugger.com/benefits-of-foreskin-restoration/

Originally posted by tommyreptar3 View Post
                        Does your restored skin not naturally cover the glans unless ice cold?
                        Mine covers the glans lots of the time.

-Ron Low
                        [email protected]
                        847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Some object to the use of the word restoration because it implies returning to original condition. We know that what's gone is gone. We know that we can expand the surviving skin, which has tangible benefits. https://tlctugger.com/benefits-of-foreskin-restoration/
                          Do they object to the forum name which includes restoration? https://foreskinrestoration.vbulletin.net/forum Should restoration be removed from the forum site name?

Comment

Should restoration be removed from the forum site name?
                            Not in my opinion. It's a pretty good shorthand for what we're up to.
                            -Ron Low
                            [email protected]
                            847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

The questions appearing in the later thread, here, imply that some newbies think we actually do restore out foreskins. We don't, of course, but it's important to clarify this to them, and to everyone else, most importantly because there is an intactivist aspect to this: restorers, and as a consequence, the intactivist message regarding circumcision, have been mocked, dismissed, by the medical community. So all of us need to be aware of that when we talk to others (and ourselves) about"restoration". It isn't enough to say that we don't actually restore foreskins without somehow also adding that we go through our efforts because of the loss all circumcised guys suffer, which brings us to what we DO restore: our natural born sexual sensation (not to mention our partner's natural sexual sensation). Whether or not you like it, the intactivist message is part and parcel with the personal benefits of "restoration'. As Mott The Hoople sang, we have to carry the news.

Comment

Working...
                              X