Tension Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tension Question

I was circumcised at birth but luckily I was cut loose. I can masterbate perfectly fine by gliding through skin over my glans.
    Anyways, When I’m restoring i don’t really feel much stretching. Am I supposed to feel a tight stretch while using it? It’s like I either feel no stretch or it’s painful. My skin also gets puffy after stretching. I’m using the tlcx

From what I understand, you shouldn't feel a lot of tension to the point of pain, just enough to still be comfortable.
    Too much tension can cause skin tears and set your restoration back a bit.
    It's trial and error, but try experimenting with different tension settings until it's still comfortable but you can feel a slight stretch.

Comment

When you start the journey of foreskin restoration the skin tube should have about one pound of tension, this is just gentle tugging on the skin tube, when the skin tube gets tugged to the full tension than mitosis will start to happen, this takes in my experience about a couple of month of tugging. You want to have enough tension to cause tension on the existing skin tube but not to much that it causes pain. The 4 hour rule is a good point to start with, if you can comfortable wear a device for about 4 hours with it just starting to get uncomfortable at the end of 4 hours then you have the right tension, if it becomes uncomfortable before that time you most likely have to much tension, not uncomfortable at about 4 hours not enough tension. You will have to try different tensions until you find that sweet spot. Tugging should never be painful.

Comment

Originally posted by Robby View Post
        I was circumcised at birth but luckily I was cut loose. I can masterbate perfectly fine by gliding through skin over my glans.
        Anyways, When I’m restoring i don’t really feel much stretching. Am I supposed to feel a tight stretch while using it? It’s like I either feel no stretch or it’s painful. My skin also gets puffy after stretching. I’m using the tlcx
        If your skin is getting puffy, that suggests to me it is under enough tension to be stressed, so I would stay at this amount of tension for a few months, then see if you have made progress. As was said, this takes some experimentation. The way to know is if you see progress. If not, after doing something for a few months, then change something.

Regards

Comment

Different people have different thresholds of pain. While you might not feel anything while increasing the tension, you are indeed pushing it toward an effective amount. The difficulty lies in knowing when you've gone past this amount - but the needed level of tension will be below what hurts. If you've gone that far, back off a bit, because you could be cutting off circulation, or stressing the skin to the point where prolonged tension could cause damage.

With devices like weights or elastic straps, it's easy to measure the amount of tension being used. With the TLC-X, or other inner pusher devices like the DTR or CAT II Q (which I use), it's more of a guess.

A long time ago when I was using t-tape, another restorer suggested using a fishing scale to measure the amount of tension I was using with my elastic strap. I suppose it might be possible to use one with the TLC-X: just attach it to the device's clip, and pull it outward with one hand while holding the pusher rod in place with the other. The weight on the scale might increase more quickly than you think.

Comment

Originally posted by z726 View Post
            With devices like weights or elastic straps, it's easy to measure the amount of tension being used. With the TLC-X, or other inner pusher devices like the DTR or CAT II Q (which I use), it's more of a guess.
            I've just made a video that shows how to apply the 4-Hour Rule for fine-tuning strap tension.

https://videos.sproutvideo.com/embed...ff3709871c0a51

The same approach can be used with a device that has a Pushing Rod, because you can measure how far the Rod has been pushed in.

Devices that don't lend themselves to application of the 4-Hour Rule include TLC Packers/DTR Retainers and the TLC-X in Spring tension mode, and most Air Pressure devices.
            -Ron Low
            [email protected]
            847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Originally posted by Robby View Post
              There is no real answer to your question because as someone said above, it's all subjective. Here's why:

1. there is NO WAY (and absolutely NO REASON) to apply tension in common units of measure ( like "pounds", "ounces" or whatever).

2. The best suggestion is to tug in cycles of the classical "sweet spot". This is an amount of tension which just feels right to you: aka the goldilocks amount, ie "just right"; not painful per se, and not "too loose, or too weak).

3. The so-called "amount of tension" is irrelevant anyhow. What Science has found in researching clinical skin expansion is that the skin under tension has to be deformed by that tension, to the point where your skin's intrinsic biochemical process (which begins additional cell division) are stimulated.

4. Do we know what the deformation looks like for you? No.

5. Do YOU know what that looks like for you (right now)? No. So............................

6. You have to experiment, apply tension which feels noticeable, "comfortable" but not painful, and keep your eyes open, look at what your skin is doing (what it looks like when its pulled on). This practice is not a drive-through practice.

7.This whole process is all about experimentation, NOT SCIENCE OR MEASUREMENT (science is all about measuring, BUT RESTORATION IS NOT).

Most newbies don't want to hear this so they tune it out, hoping for magic or science, but it happens to be absolutely true. The truth is, you have no control over any of this because more skin cells grow when your body allows it. So: tug, experiment, observe. and hang in there. If you do, you will see and feel much more than you are even aware of right now. That is a straight-up promise.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                I've just made a video that shows how to apply the 4-Hour Rule for fine-tuning strap tension.

The same approach can be used with a device that has a Pushing Rod, because you can measure how far the Rod has been pushed in.

Devices that don't lend themselves to application of the 4-Hour Rule include TLC Packers/DTR Retainers and the TLC-X in Spring tension mode, and most Air Pressure devices.
                The reasons we use the 4-Hour Rule https://tlctugger.com/4-hour-rule/ instead of discussing a specific amount of tension:

- It's very hard to measure the amount of tension directly.

- Everybody needs his own amount of tension because the skin responds to Stress, not Tension. Stress is Force divided by the cross-sectional area the force is applied to. So each user's penile girth and skin thickness would need to be known.

- The usable amount of tension also depends on the amount of slack skin available for gripping, how long you plan to wear it, how far from ready privacy you'll range, and what sort of jostling behavior you expect to engage in.
                -Ron Low
                [email protected]
                847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Working...
                X