This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DTR Question and Idea for Restoring Teens

Hey guys, first off, I am glad making the decision to restore! I am now about CI 2.5 with skin bunching up but not hitting the ridge. Anyways, as the title says I have a question about using the DTR. Is it oossible for ne to wear it in school? And (2) Is it possible for me to wear it through the night?

Also, for any teens that are restoring but are doing so withput a device because they are afraid to tell their parents, i know how it feels. Now although I should tell my parents this, it is just not me. So anyways, what I would say if you are a restoring teen like me and do not have a device to your parents preferably dad or mom is okay is that you are getting painful erections and that you looked up that you need a device to lengthen your foreskin. That is it, and I got my DTR within a week. I told them it would take a year for this, they are a little bit gullable. Keep on restoring

Ha!
    no I havn't told my parents about restoring but that is ok because I am using a manual method. If you are healthy you will be getting erections while you sleep which will make it painful or dangerous to wear a device.

I know you just want to tug 24/7 and get it done but you will not gain anything extra from it.
    In my experience it is more of a weekly thing like exercising. I tug for an hour or two for a few days until I feel my skin has had enough then I take it easy (15-30 minutes a day) until the skin is back to normal and I repeat.
    You don't have to tug all day or every day but don't go more than a few days without and don't take the majority of time off.
    Also don't tug with too much force or you will get small tears in the skin and have to stop for a while.

Comment

I've been restoring for 6 months and got a tlc-x four months ago. I have not and do not plan to tell my parents. Since I didn't want anything to show up on my debit card, I purchased a $100 visa gift card with cash and ordered for a week when I would be able to get to the mail before my parents. Something funny about my parents is that they either don't notice or don't care when I leave it out. When I'm on break I keep my tlc on my desk and I've never been asked about it. From your post it sounded like you told your parents; how did that go over? I don't want to start any drama, personally.

Anyway, for your real questions: I do tug at school. I'm not in any sports, so I don't have to worry about having to run (don't even try) and most of our classes don't require any walking. Though I cannot say for the dtr, my tlc is not visible through even tight pants, though I cannot bend down properly while wearing it. If you are willing to give up some mobility, tugging at school is no problem. I was already kind eccentric, so people ignore it when I walk funny. As for wearing through the night. I wore my tlc-x through the night for about a month and decided it just wasn't right. Plenty of people do it, but I found it to be too hard on my skin as I would feel pain and my skin would almost get to the point of tearing. I also hated being unable to sleep on my stomach... The guy who sells the tlc-x recommends trying to wear your device for 8 hours straight before trying to sleep in it so you know what tension is appropriate.

Comment

Tugging at school shouldn't be a problem. I started restoring nearly three months ago with the DTR and was initially a bit wary of wearing a device beneath my clothing. For the most part, the device is unnoticeable and shouldn't draw any attention if you're wearing relatively loose pants. I'm a full-time university student, so I usually attach the device in the morning, go about my day as usual (which was often 6 to 8 hours long), and remove the device every time I needed to use the washroom.

If you're concerned about sports, just remove the device in a stall, place it in your pocket, and go about as you normally would after that. What you do in a bathroom stall is your own business, but if you're paranoid about people wondering why you use a stall every time before changing your clothes, just flush the toilet and go back to the change room.

As for tugging at night....I don't think it's necessary to wear the DTR while sleeping; in fact, I think it generally isn't recommended. In the short amount of time that I've been restoring, I've never tugged at night and the inner mucosa has already started to develop folds. On Ron's TLC website, they did an informal study to gather information on the optimal amount of tugging time needed per day, and I think the results indicated that roughly 11 hours of moderate tension per day was satisfactory. I'm lazy and I don't want to look it up, but it's there if you're curious.

Take care, and keep on tugging!

Comment

I'm surprised that you can even get the thing on at only a CI2.5. I am a CI3.5+ and I can get it on, but it isn't right. From What I understand you need to be a solid CI4 for it to fit right, so I'm still using my TLC X for a while longer. You should be able to wear it at school as long as it hangs down your pant leg and it doesn't stick out. Definitely wear some baggy pants with boxers. I would not sleep with ANY dual tension device. You can, however, remove the pusher and use it with a strap over your shoulder provided you have enough slack. You are so lucky to have discovered restoration at your age. You still have most of your life ahead of you and your generation will be the one to kill circumcision.

Comment

You are very brave.

Comment

Hey, I'm a solid c2 and I wear the dtr all day at work. Only using it to tug for now as the push rod does get a bit uncomfortable through the day. I made my own strap and attach it to the top of my compression socks (on my feet all day) and you can't see a thing. Works great! I have been considering the tlc-x in the future

Comment

Ci-2.5 is more than enough to start using the dtr. I was using it without that being a problem at ci-2. I'd get used to wearing it at home first and become comfortable with wearing it at school. I would say it's probably okay to wear at school, but not in gym class or anything athletic just to be safe.

I will tell you in my experience confronting my mom about this, that I waited a while but felt I couldn't hold it in any longer since I was furious and it was negatively impacted our relationship. Also, be prepared that they may or may not be sympathetic. They may defend their decision and say that you are the one that's wrong and judge. Hopefully that isn't how your parents are. At the end of the day having that talk with parents is just to help with closure. They cannot go back and reverse the decision and you will still be cut whether they admit they were wrong and apologize or not.

Comment

Your parents probably removed your foreskin because they believe it's dirty and may get emotional if you bring it up this way. I'm not sure it's the best conversation starter.
                  Started CI-0 with no movable skin and 0% FEC

Currently at CI-4 with 64% FEC

See my progress gallery

Comment

Congrats to all the young people for restoring and don't forget to keep lotion on that skin and you can manually tug every time you use the restroom too! Tug ahead.

Comment

How do you wear a device if you add lotion?

See my progress gallery

Comment

I don't add lotion when using a device. But do use plenty when manually stretching and not wearing a device.

Comment

Originally posted by Mykmc962 View Post
                          I don't add lotion when using a device. But do use plenty when manually stretching and not wearing a device.
                          Again I don't understand how. Doesn't the skin get too slippery when manual tugging?

See my progress gallery

Comment

Good question. And I have another: why would you want to use "lotion" (whatever that means)? Why. How does it help? What does lotion do in the scheme of things?

Comment

Originally posted by Info View Post
                              Good question. And I have another: why would you want to use "lotion" (whatever that means)? Why. How does it help? What does lotion do in the scheme of things?
                              I think the idea is that since skin is an external organ that mitosis and regeneration are assisted by the presence of certain things, such as Vit E.

I find that when I do or do not use cream it doesn't seem to make a difference. Unless the skin is becoming especially worn out I tend to not worry.

On the other hand, completely opposite, a little bit of gold bond on my dick seems to help a lot with manual tugging by preventing slippage.

See my progress gallery

Comment

Working...
                              X