Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Skin Cone - Product Ideas

Three ideas to improve maybe?
    1. Closed at narrow end to form a vacuum to increase hold thereby decrease dislodging.
    2. A narrowing of the wide end to grip slightly below the coronal ridge.
    3. Gripper holes?
    I make my own devices.

Originally posted by Mr. Tugger View Post
    Three ideas to improve maybe?
    1. Closed at narrow end to form a vacuum to increase hold thereby decrease dislodging.
    2. A narrowing of the wide end to grip slightly below the coronal ridge.
    3. Gripper holes?
    I'm happy to help with customization if somebody needs it.

I like having the hole in the narrow end because it makes the cone useful with tugging devices. But we could manually cap it. The next two guinea pigs who ask for that when buying a cone will get that mod free.

The wide end can be narrowed by users with sharp scissors. Contact me for tips before trying.

I do happen to have a tool to punch gripper holes. Not a fan. It's the sort of hole punch meant to make extra holes for leather belt buckling. The wrong tool could leave a jagged hole the grows into a tear.
    -Ron Low
    [email protected]
    847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post

I like having the hole in the narrow end because it makes the cone useful with tugging devices. But we could manually cap it. The next two guinea pigs who ask for that when buying a cone will get that mod free.

The wide end can be narrowed by users with sharp scissors. Contact me for tips before trying.

I do happen to have a tool to punch gripper holes. Not a fan. It's the sort of hole punch meant to make extra holes for leather belt buckling. The wrong tool could leave a jagged hole the grows into a tear.
      I'm curious how to narrow the wide end. How should I go about this?

Comment

Originally posted by winder View Post
        I'm curious how to narrow the wide end. How should I go about this?
        I wouldn't automatically attribute a problem to a retaining cone size discrepancy of a few mm. For years we had one size and got few complaints.

Our retaining cone is sized large enough so it can be worn by itself through nocturnal erections. For tugging, a too-large cone is just a perfect cone plus a little something extra. It's only really a problem if the extra width prevents your fingers from getting in close enough to wedge the cone on, or if the extra width gets caught on clothing or bedding to pry the cone loose.

For best grip, always apply a freshly washed cone to freshly washed skin. When I'm out and using a stall (so washing is not really possible) I can improve the grippiness by sneaking a wet paper towel into the stall to wipe my skin and device. Lacking that, even dabbing a faint smear of saliva on the bunched-up skin before re-applying can help, probably by dusting away loose skin debris and sealing the cells flat against each other.

= = = = =>
        If you need to reduce the wide end of the retaining cone, use sharp scissors. Take off only a mm or a 1/16" at a time off the outside edge before testing. Bevel that edge and then flip the cone inside out to bevel the other edge. Repeat as needed. If you get to a size you like but just need a smooth one we can make that if you measure the inside diameter carefully. See the attached slide.
        <= = = = =
        Attached Files
        -Ron Low
        [email protected]
        847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post

Hey, I'm game. I just haven't decided to purchase one yet.

What I meant by narrowing the wide end was not trimming it with scissors, but instead adding a narrowing or bead around the lower rim to increase or tighten the grip slightly behind the corona (see attached sketch).

The gripper holes may not be a good idea since they would reduce surface contact area and probably would not work anyway.
          I make my own devices.

Comment

Working...
          X