Which part matters most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which part matters most?

Seems like I’ve read more than a few places that the main area where you should be applying tension to stimulate new skin growth is near the base of the penis where it emerges from the body. But then again, I also saw a snarky comment recently from some guy who said that if you do that, you’ll wind up with a furry, hair-covered dick that won’t be appealing to anyone unless you’re dating a gorilla or a Sasquatch. I don’t really believe that, but it does seem like most retainers and tugging devices do focus more on stretching the skin furthest away from the body where it covers the glans. I don’t have enough skin yet to use any type of device, but does it really matter where you’re applying the tension?

When we tension the skin tube, all points between the gripping point and the nearest "anchor" point see roughly equal tension. The skin tube is more or less anchored at the sulcus just behind the glans and also can be considered anchored where it broadens at the pubic mound.

Many restorers feel that the ideal place to apply tension would be a point of equilibrium such that inner-facing and outer-facing skin is all tensioned optimally at the same time from the same effort.
    -Ron Low
    [email protected]
    847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Originally posted by Bill756 View Post
      Seems like I’ve read more than a few places that the main area where you should be applying tension to stimulate new skin growth is near the base of the penis where it emerges from the body. But then again, I also saw a snarky comment recently from some guy who said that if you do that, you’ll wind up with a furry, hair-covered dick that won’t be appealing to anyone unless you’re dating a gorilla or a Sasquatch. I don’t really believe that, but it does seem like most retainers and tugging devices do focus more on stretching the skin furthest away from the body where it covers the glans. I don’t have enough skin yet to use any type of device, but does it really matter where you’re applying the tension?
      I don't remember ever reading that, nor do I agree with that statement. My strategy was to apply tension close to where I wanted skin to grow, near my circumcision scar. And my experience has been that is where the skin grows mostly, very close to where tension is applied.

Comment

The part about the furry hair-covered dick is interesting to me. Since I was old enough to grow pubic hair mine has always grown about 3 or 4 inches up my shaft. I keep it shaved these days but the women never complained about it before I did shave.

Comment

Originally posted by Tequila22 View Post
          The part about the furry hair-covered dick is interesting to me. Since I was old enough to grow pubic hair mine has always grown about 3 or 4 inches up my shaft. I keep it shaved these days but the women never complained about it before I did shave.
          I’m not even sure why that’s such a big deal. Most men usually seem to like as much hair coverage as they can get everywhere else because it looks more masculine, so why is it different there? Unless…

Click image for larger version

Name:	AE6FEC35-F8B5-47C8-91A3-75D693218B8E.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	56788 ​​​​​​​

Comment

Cute image!

When talking about hair and how to keep it, keep in mind that there are industries making money if they convince us we are not desirable if our hair is not shaved off, trimmed, arranged just so. That has been most successful for them with women, but I am sure they would like men to feel as insecure and in need of many products as women tend to be.

It can be instructive to try and find out why most women feel a strong need to shave their underarms, but most men do not. the information you will find is applicable to other hairy parts as well.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by greg_b View Post
              there are industries making money if they convince us we are not desirable if our hair is not shaved off, trimmed, arranged just so.
              I agree to a point. It's disgusting that - unlike most of the animal kingdom - humans overwhelmingly feel a need to employ artifical adornment. What's up with women having to paint their faces ffs?

BUT if I can get a haircut every month or two and shave my face a few times per week without being a self-obsessed weirdo, then why can't I also trim the hair of my pits or my legs a little shorter?

We wash for social reasons, not health reasons. Having less body hair makes it easier for me to wash and dry.

But regarding pubes specifically, we cut men have hair on the shaft that doesn't belong. When I shave that off, I'm left with what I see as an odd abrupt transition, so I trim the surrounding area back a bit.

I actually shave my legs down to the skin every spring in anticipation of Pride Parade season and the skimpy outfits I will prance around in. At that time I take my pubes and pits down to less than 1/2 inch.
              Attached Files
              -Ron Low
              [email protected]
              847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post

We wash for social reasons, not health reasons. Having less body hair makes it easier for me to wash and dry.
                Exactly what the industry wants. Once it is "social", then they have a much more effective tool than advertising. Just saying, smile.

But I agree that there are reasons to want to shave that are not driven by the industry. Personal choice being one of them. It is just hard sometimes to see where personal choice ends, and industry induced societal norms begins...armpit hair seems to be one that is easier to see than others.

Comment

Other than my cheeks, the only places I shave regularly are my armpits and anus, purely for hygienic reasons. Deodorant works better and lasts longer when applied directly to skin instead of hair. And although I’ve always been a huge Star Trek fan, I really hate cling-ons.

Comment

😂 funny

Comment

I will add that one reason I started to shave the hair from the shaft was the use of condoms. When I was between marriages, dating, I wore condoms a lot and found that while putting them on was no problem, taking them off sometimes caused a lot of hair pulling. Shaving it off solved that problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                        Seems like I’ve read more than a few places that the main area where you should be applying tension to stimulate new skin growth is near the base of the penis where it emerges from the body.
                        This is exactly what you DO NOT want to do. If the tension is mainly on the area near the base of the penis where it emerges from the body, you are doing something wrong.

Most conical tuggers have an air hole built into the design. If the air hole becomes occluded, the resulting aberrant tug is improperly focused near the base of the penis, exactly where you DON'T want it to be. Unplug that air hole!

If you are tugging properly, should should feel the tug down into your sulcus when you momentarily apply extra tugging tension.

-D.
                        I declared myself finished restoring with 3/4 erect coverage (CI-8.5) in 2005. I primarily used T-tape, strapping up and around my waist.
                        I've participated in NORM meetings in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle (RECAP), and Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Every doubt, reservation, or concern I had about my restoration was resolved by achieving additional foreskin LENGTH.....So just KOT !

Comment

Working...
                        X