Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TLC Cincher - Which Bands to use for high tension tugging with TLC-X and/or Canister/Tape Methods?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TLC Cincher - Which Bands to use for high tension tugging with TLC-X and/or Canister/Tape Methods?

    Hi guys,

    I am getting back into tugging using the tape canister method and TLC-X when I can get it to stay on (I don't have much slack) and I'm using the elastic Comfortug straps that get sent out with the TLC tugger. In the past I have wrapped the straps below my knee with a knee brace on. The issue is, this almost always causes the elastic band to tighten around my leg and slowly start to cut off circulation, as well as become very uncomfortable. To solve this I went ahead and ordered the TLC Cincher.

    After ordering it I realized I don't have the "TLC Shocker Daytime Gentle Tension Band Rig" elastic band to connect to the TLC tugger/canister.

    I noticed the shocker tension band rigs are labeled as "gentle" tension bands (day and night), do these replace the Comfortug bands and can give as much tension as them used with the Cincher, or do I need to use the Comfortug bands with the Cincher to get the higher tension? If I need to use the Comfortug bands, how do I get them to be the appropriate length to work with the Cincher since they are pretty long?

  • #2
    Originally posted by iwantitback View Post
    the shocker tension band rigs are labeled as "gentle" tension bands (day and night), do these replace the Comfortug bands
    That's how I see it.

    Originally posted by iwantitback View Post
    can give as much tension as them used with the Cincher, or do I need to use the Comfortug bands
    With any method, we fine-tune the amount of tension by the 4-Hour Rule http://TLCTugger.com/4-hour-rule/ as discussed in the demo video: https://videos.sproutvideo.com/embed...ff3709871c0a51

    Originally posted by iwantitback View Post
    If I need to use the Comfortug bands, how do I get them to be the appropriate length to work with the Cincher since they are pretty long?
    Yeah they're meant to wrap around the leg so they're long enough for that. One could cut the clip from the single-thick end of the strap, and remove lots of elastic and re-sew. A dry cleaners usually has a someone working a sewing machine who will be happy to do it for you for probably $4.
    -Ron Low
    [email protected]
    847 414-1692 Chicago

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by admin View Post
      With any method, we fine-tune the amount of tension by the 4-Hour Rule http://TLCTugger.com/4-hour-rule/ as discussed in the demo video: https://videos.sproutvideo.com/embed...ff3709871c0a51

      Yeah they're meant to wrap around the leg so they're long enough for that. One could cut the clip from the single-thick end of the strap, and remove lots of elastic and re-sew. A dry cleaners usually has a someone working a sewing machine who will be happy to do it for you for probably $4.
      Hey Ron,

      Ok great, I'll add both sizes of the Shock Bands (day and night) to my order

      I'm reading up on the 4 hour rule, thanks for mentioning this.

      Also, when I click the link to the video you sent, it doesn't load the video and says "the site can't be reached" for some reason. This the correct link, sorry. Thanks for sotting that. https://videos.sproutvideo.com/embed...ff3709871c0a51

      Do you have another way to view that video?

      Comment

      Working...
      X