No announcement yet.

Need some motivation and guidence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greg-b and WoodyHoody offer great advice. They are longstanding members of this, and the old forum, and speak the truth. Plateaus apparently exist. Many of us have discussed this over the years. And so-called measuring can become a trap for many guys if they think that measuring is anything but a very rough, and often completely wrong, estimate, rather than something accurate. In other words, if you think that there is anything accurate in trying to measure a biological tissue, then at some point you will be disappointed. You have to remember, you aren't on an assembly line, and skin is a living tissue. You are biasing those tissues to do something they wouldn't ordinarily do, so there are natural rules involved in it, the upshot of which is slow, sometimes very slow, growth.

So just go on. Endure. And you will eventually see everything you wanted to see, and you will potentially feel more than you are aware of now.

And while advice to eat well is good advice, taking anything extra won't work because nothing "extra" has anything to do with the physiology of mitosis, and some substances, such as vitamin E (suggested above) are potentially problematic. E (the vitamin, not the street drug ) is a fat soluble substance, and it will readily accumulate in your fat tissue. Take too much and you can reach a toxic level (it's been done). Or, if what was meant was applying some commercial substance with vitamin E in it, on your skin, then that has no effect at all on mitosis. It would be a waste of time and money. So a regular diet is all you need.
    Last edited by Info; 09-05-2017, 05:54 PM.

Comment

As it is with losing weight, it's not a good idea weigh yourself every day. For those in a skin expansion program it's unwise measure changes in the same manner. Woody's assertion shows measurement of growth in skin has too many variables and ultimately a periodical measure every few months might be more adequate than a every day or monthly photo. However there was one video on youtube that did show the progress of one individual's journey of a day to day change over a series of images. Not a precise method, but the foreskin restoring channel marked an 86 month time investment video that show a change and a duration of time for a piercing to heal was also noted, allowing the body to replenish itself of essential nutrition and time to develop. The person continued after and the progress resumed.

Comment

Originally posted by Info View Post
        So a regular diet is all you need.
        THIS is so relative. Someone who eats regularly at Mc Donald's may think THAT is a "regular diet" when in reality they're just pumping crap and pure poison into their system. I myself eat a well balanced diet, EXCEPT for fish and seafood which I am highly allergic to (a protein in the meat). So, I take a fish oil capsule daily to get my omega 3's etc. I used to have bad eczema and dry skin. This helps tremendously. Info is right, there isn't really anything you can do to speed up mitosis, but there are plenty of things you can do to slow it down. Being dehydrated all the time and tobacco use are the top 2 things that will hinder your progress next to not tugging.

Comment

Ok, "well balanced" instead of "regular". By regular I meant balanced, but your point's taken.

Comment

It seems genetic predisposition and good genes are the things that determine better healing and developing a healthy restored foreskin. However, I would like to amend Parsecskin's statement of speeding up mitosis. As of yet there is no natural way of speeding up mitosis, but where the study of stem cells and ECM are building blocks of the human body and potential advances where Foregen is making breakthroughs in developing treatment the possibilities are more optimistic. As of now, as anyone would say, taking care of one's body, it's dietary needs and supplements will aid in better development in restoration. You just won't have growth if your body is malnourished in certain nutritional needs, like an athlete that eats mostly protein. I see stretch marks on bodybuilders because they don't have the right nutritional balance. I ask one at the college gym what they eat and it's all protein, failing to address a multi-vitamin or promotional skin health. His finger nails had ribbing which suggested his body was struggling to produce healthy skin & nails and he was about to begin a cutting later on, which basically starves the body to look lean. So, yes, take good care of your body. It needs rest, nutrition and you won't see positive changes based on a basic diet. Look for more vitamins C, E, biotin, selenium and certainly your beta carotene, omega 3's.
            I wish it were easier to get a hold of topical papaverine which aids accelerating tissue expansion. They have injectable, but the topical cream has shown to aid these processes.

Comment

After restarting about a year ago, I haven't reached a plateau yet, but I'm also expecting it at some point. Sometimes you feel like you're not making any progress, but then suddenly you notice some small changes that point at ongoing progress. In fact, when I took a break for a few days during summer, I kind of missed tugging and was doing a bit of manual every night, just because I love the feeling. I usually wear my tugger at work and take Saturday and Sunday off. Often I already restart on Sunday when I'm relaxing at home, just because it feels nice
              My best advice to anyone is to KOT!

Restarted restoring after a long break of about 12 years. Switched from multiple O-rings 2 the TLC-X tugger, and happy with the initial progress... https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...s-report-tlc-x

Comment

Originally posted by BelgianChris View Post
                After restarting about a year ago, I haven't reached a plateau yet, but I'm also expecting it at some point. Sometimes you feel like you're not making any progress, but then suddenly you notice some small changes that point at ongoing progress. In fact, when I took a break for a few days during summer, I kind of missed tugging and was doing a bit of manual every night, just because I love the feeling. I usually wear my tugger at work and take Saturday and Sunday off. Often I already restart on Sunday when I'm relaxing at home, just because it feels nice
                Nice to hear it's going well for you. This hiatus, how long did you restore before taking the long break? Getting back into it is yet another achievement. It may be that a little time off is what you needed. I just designed my tugger to make my foreskin longer. It's a nice feeling to wear one. Loosely basing off the TLC tugger, I can even wear it while sleeping. Only time I don't want to wear it while I'm cycling to my classes across campus. The rhythmic pulling feels like it'll fall off. Glad I'm not the cycling bib wearing type. That stuff hugs a bit, but a neoprene hose covers for any slippage if I'm wearing regular shorts or if I accidentally knock into something that might cause pain or discomfort. It certainly reduces friction against my inner leg. Suspenders straps aren't exactly meant for bear skin.

Comment

Working...
                X