X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't keep retainers or tugger from falling off

Hello,

I'd greatly appreciate your help.

I'm in a dire position. I have such a loss of sensitivity I won't have sex because of my inability to feel enough stimulation in order to sustain erection and finish.

Starting a few months ago I tried to start a habit of wearing a retainer and TLC tugger but I can't keep the things on except when I'm home and just sitting.

How do you keep these things from not falling off?

Any tips?

I'm open to trying different devices less prone to falling off altogether.

I've read how wearing briefs helps, but I don't wear briefs because I run into issues with them contributing to low back pain (I think their tightness tends to make the powerful muscles around the hips & glutes prone to more under-used static positions, forcing the lower back to be recruited into taking on additional center-of-gravity balancing & lifting roles to compensate.)

Also:
    ANY tips in general about gaining sensitivity other than the obvious of the long-haul of foreskin restoration? I'm open to anything! Please let me know!!!

Thank you!

Originally posted by charlesoakland View Post
    wearing a retainer and TLC tugger but I can't keep the things on except when I'm home and just sitting.
    Sorry to hear about the devices loosening.

I recommend briefs to help keep the retaining cone's own weight from loosening it.

With the Tugger, is the loosening happening with a tension strap deployed? There would be some level of tension between zero and whatever was used before that should be workable.

Always start with a freshly washed device and skin.

I don't wear briefs because I run into issues with them contributing to low back pain (I think their tightness tends to make the powerful muscles around the hips & glutes prone to more under-used static positions, forcing the lower back to be recruited into taking on additional center-of-gravity balancing & lifting roles to compensate.)
    I don't know about all that, but lots of guys wear briefs. I'd suggest buying one size larger if they're tight. I swear clothes are running smaller today than in decades past. My weight hasn't changed since high school.

ANY tips in general about gaining sensitivity
    Wash the end of the penis only with clear water - no soap. Keep the skin over the glans during all non-tugging hours as soon as possible. Never tolerate dry friction to the glans or surviving inner foireskin again.
    -Ron Low
    [email protected]
    847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Charlesoakland,
      Perhaps try manual stretching for awhile before moving to a tugger device. Maybe you’ll need to grow more skin through manual stretching so that there will be sufficient enough to hold the tugger in place. With my TLC-X, I was slowly increasing the amount of ‘spacers’ or ‘stackers’ to my unit, but realized that I was trying to go to fast because my gripper started having difficulty achieving a good solid grip, plus I couldn’t get enough skin to cover the tugger body as high up into the cone as I’d like. This resulted in me reducing the number of stacking plates or spacers. I always seem to get impatient with my restoration and try to get ahead of myself. Got to remember…it’s nice t a race, it’s a journey. KOT!
      Tugger1

Comment

…it’s NOT a race, but a journey…
        Tugger1

Comment

I was having problems at first too. I discovered if I set the TLCX on my glans and press my penis back into my body so the shaft skin folds over the tugger, I'll have more skin to grip.

Wash the tugger parts and your parts. Sometimes the oil from my skin prevents the tugger from staying on.

I only wear mine at night. It falls off all the time due to my profession.

Comment

People have used other things for retaining than the two you have used. Premature baby socks, home made retainers made out of baby bottle nipples or silicon sealant (aquarium sealant), there is even at least one commercially made retainer. Perhaps you can find one that is a better fit?

That said, the penis is a shape/size shifter, so it can be difficult to keep something on. Tape of course, is the old tried and true method to keep stuff on, since the adhesive sticks to our skin. the trade off being that it is not so easy to remove, but since you seem to be avoiding sex, that might not be as much of a problem as it is for many.

Some men apply various topical moisturizers to gain sensitivity, if you look through the archives you will find many ideas. They all act roughly the same, reducing the loss of moisture form the skin.

Here is one example of a retainer and moisturizer:

OxBalls - Foreskin Restoration and Intactivism Network (vbulletin.net)

Comment

Thank you for the replies. I'll try to keep what people have said in mind.

Perhaps I don't have enough slack skin yet for the devices to stay on.

Greg_B,
              Never heard of that OxBalls device.

I'm curious about incorporating lotion with some sort of covering along with maybe a manual tugging routine.

I say this because the only way I've experienced a regain in sensitivity in the past 2-3 years is through not masturbating for weeks while also religiously wearing a condom 24/7 with lotion in it. Wearing a condom all day while flaccid and having it stay on also is: problematic. Also: changing the condom and making sure no urine dribbles get in it is a chore. Also extremely difficult: the no masturbation for weeks.

Doing that for about three weeks minimum w/o masturbation has lead to a temporary regain of sensitivity that begins to approach what I felt as a teen (I'm now 38.) The gains in sensitivity here are definitely not just from refraining from masturbating alone, as I've experimented independently with going without that for weeks and months too. The 24/7 condom with lotion definitely helps return the loss of sensation when coupled with not masturbating.

However: it seems like I said, temporary, as any regular or somewhat-regular return to masturbation leads to a loss of that sensitivity. Also big downside: potentially having to explain the condom situation to a partner.

I've done that a couple times in the past 2-3 years.

I read elsewhere someone say the Stealth Retainer stays on better. Someone told me the Manhood has worked well in staying on for them, while I've also seen people complain about it. So perhaps there's a good degree of personalization and customization to this. What works for one might not work as well for another.
              charlesoakland
              Last edited by charlesoakland; 12-30-2021, 10:57 AM.

Comment

I recommend StealthRetainer.com with their weight system. Their retainers almost NEVER come loose. Only draw back is that with weights attached, only outer foreskin is tensioned, not inner. Good luck and KOT!
                Tugger1

Comment

Working...
                X