aesthetics of a restored penis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aesthetics of a restored penis

I am still in doubt whether I would like to start restoring my foreskin. One of my worries is how it would look. I have seen quite a few restored penises and to be honest I have not seen a restored penis I thought was aesthetically pleasing. To me the skin always looks rather wrinkly and very thick. Is there a way to avoid this? Are there certain restoration devices that do not have this effect as much?

I'm not sure what you mean by saying you've seen "quite a few restored penises". In person, or in photos?

I'm willing to bet that there aren't that many out there that have been photographed; not enough to categorize them as an obvious "quite a few", to just one person. I've seen photos of some "restored" penises, and I'd agree, some of them look to be from thick skin. Mine doesn't look like that, never has, so right away we're talking about individual differences, not some categorical sameness. I'm sure that the majority of "restored", however many that would be, don't all look the same. Not all intact foreskins look the same, either.

Expanded shaft skin can be wrinkly at times, and more often for some individuals, and at the "end" of the skin tube in particular. Natural foreskins are wrinkly at the end. If that's a deal breaker then tugging isn't for you. In fact, if aesthetics is a primary concern, then tugging probably isn't for you; there is much more involved than just looks, and we all do what we can with what we have.

But here's something to think about: to most of us tuggers, when it comes to appearance, a denuded penis looks very much like a dried stump. This isn't entirely fair, maybe, but it's safe to say that a circumcised penis just does not look acceptable; it will always look "less than", if you're aware of what Nature intended. If it was acceptable to us, we wouldn't shoot for the end result of coverage.

So it's all your choice. If you can tolerate staying circumcised, then you can relax and go on with your life. If you begin to lose sensitivity, and you can tolerate that, then the same applies. But if you don't like what you see now on yourself, more than your worry, and you want more function and sensitivity, then tugging is really the only way. This is all about you dealing with you.

You allude to having multiple worries when you said "one of my worries", so apparently you have more. We would all suggest not worrying about any of this, but if you do worry so much that it stops you from tugging, then again I'm not sure you are right for this practice.

Comment

I think it depends, some people have had great results. I can't give a source but I heard some men reported something almost like a regeneration of the riged band to where they ended up with a natrual taper after they stopped tugging when they gained coverage.

I have noticed that tugging causes some temporary swelling of the skin, which can last a while. Most pictures of restoring will be a work in progress hence the thicker looking skin.

Also regarding wrinkles, some men who are restoring are older and will have older looking skin. Keep in mind that the foreskin is like any other skin designed to cover and protect while allowing free range of motion. At any age though if you don't have so much skin that it is wrinkled somewhat when soft then you probably don't have enough for an erection.

There are many benifits of restoring, and while the big prize of complete coverage and dekaritinization is typically the main goal, there are heaps of side benifits that are equal if not greater than what you get from full coverage.

I have been restoring for over a year and I doubt any one would notice by looks even if they had seen my before pictures.
      Despite my little friend looking pretty much the same here are some of the benifits I have seen even before radical asthetic changes are made:
      • Increased skin for rolling over the edge of the glans (feels good, feels even better when dekeratinized)
      • No more hairy pubic skin being pulled up with erections
      • No more over tight erections
      • No more skin tears from masturbation
      • Greater self confidence
      • Something to do that is productive when I don't want to get out of bed yet
      • Increased patience and self control

Really it is not logical to worry about the end result when you have not even started yet. It is like a bodybuilder worried about getting too big, not going to happen on accident.

I would say just start manual every day for a few months and see if you like where it is going.

Comment

...but it's safe to say that a circumcised penis just does not look acceptable; it will always look "less than", if you're aware of what Nature intended.
        I completely agree with this. We're not supposed to have exposed glans and tighter shaft skin, but it's unfortunately 'normal looking' in the U.S. Mother nature designed us differently. If my restoration ends up not looking perfect (not even sure what that would mean, since everyone's members - intact or not - are varied), then no big deal. My head will be covered and dekeratinized, shaft skin will reclaim a gliding motion, etc. And that's huge.

I say just go for it, man. Even if you decide not to go all the way with it, you still gain benefits. I'm a far-along CI3 (with some CI4 moments if I'm sitting or bent over), and I'm already enjoying sex and masturbation even more. Do it!

Comment

I would say just start manual every day for a few months and see if you like where it is going.
          I also strongly agree with this. I did only manual for the first year, before buying the TLC-X, and it allowed me to get quite familiar with differing levels of tension (as in knowing what is too much or too little). In fact, I still do manual whenever possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Utopia View Post
            in doubt whether I would like to start restoring . . . the skin always looks rather wrinkly and very thick. Is there a way to avoid this?
            The restored result can look all sorts of ways, even on the same person. These are both me:

But since I got those results I've concluded that I could have done better if I had always kept a chosen (always the same) zone of skin held at the skinniest part of the device - from start to finish. You can now do this using the TLC-X with TLC Selects: http://tlctugger.com/product/tlc-x-e...le-tugger-kit/ This system lets you gradually lengthen the device to keep up with your increasing slack. I "sort of" did this without realizing it back when I tugged, because I switched to a Stretched Tugger about half-way through my tapeless tugging.
            -Ron Low
            [email protected]
            847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
              The restored result can look all sorts of ways, even on the same person. These are both me:

But since I got those results I've concluded that I could have done better if I had always kept a chosen (always the same) zone of skin held at the skinniest part of the device - from start to finish. You can now do this using the TLC-X with TLC Selects: http://tlctugger.com/product/tlc-x-e...le-tugger-kit/ This system lets you gradually lengthen the device to keep up with your increasing slack. I "sort of" did this without realizing it back when I tugged, because I switched to a Stretched Tugger about half-way through my tapeless tugging.
              When you say could have done better do you mean the end result would look cosmetically better if you keep targeting the same roll over point?

Comment

Ron: I always thought the pics of your restoration were the ideal and the best advertising for use of the Tugger. Not sure how it could look much better. It's something that I still strive for but doubt I'll ever achieve. Congrats on the most natural looking restoration that I've seen anywhere!

Comment

Originally posted by LovesWarmHugs View Post
                  the end result would look cosmetically better if you keep targeting the same roll over point?
                  That's my belief.
                  -Ron Low
                  [email protected]
                  847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

This is my flaccid coverage. When I undress it reliably hangs like this. I have a little less skin on (my) left as the circumcision was uneven. You are looking at 11 years dedicated work!

Comment

Utopia - you are welcome to have a look at the result of my restoration. I'm delighted with it. It's in my "progress area" on the web site.
                      Tormod

Some of you may have had occasion to run into mathematicians and to wonder therefore how they got that way - Tom Lehrer

Comment

Based on my own experiences, I'm going to say this: it totally doesn't matter, and it doesn't need to be a problem.

It's easy to start overthinking about what your penis will look like at the end of this journey. I have had similar concerns and have felt self-conscious about these kinds of things. What if I have a partner and they are disgusted by my restored foreskin? What if I get rejected by a girl because of it? I actually quit restoring for a couple of weeks a couple of months ago. It was kind of a low point for me at the time. That being said, I still wore the retaining cone. I actually had a talk with my shrink about my restoration and he had a good point that it totally doesn't matter. Listen, if you end up with a partner, they should be able to accept you the way you are. In my opinion, do you really want to be with somebody who's going to not have sex with you because of your restored foreskin? If a person is that shallow, they seriously don't deserve to be with you anyway. All the people who compare uncircumcised penises to ugly "elephant trunks" can go and fuck off. If they don't want a natural body, I'm sure they can find many more men with "attractive" scars on their shafts. I know I'm going off on a heated tangent here, and this isn't really what you were asking about per se. The point here is that it's important to do what is right for YOU. Nobody else's opinions matters. The important thing is that you do this for yourself because you want to regain some of what has been lost. Best of luck man.

Comment

EXACTLY! A shallow person is what influenced me to get cut. Don't underestimate the power of pussy. It's powerful. Powerful enough to cloud your judgement. Needless to say she's no longer in my life, but it took the loss of my foreskin to wake me up. Don't be that guy. If they can't accept you for who and what you are, then lose them. Fast!

Comment

Originally posted by parsecskin View Post
                            EXACTLY! A shallow person is what influenced me to get cut. Don't underestimate the power of pussy. It's powerful. Powerful enough to cloud your judgement. Needless to say she's no longer in my life, but it took the loss of my foreskin to wake me up. Don't be that guy. If they can't accept you for who and what you are, then lose them. Fast!
                            I'm going to go piggy back on that statement and mention the importance of self-confidence. I think that having self-confidence is so important in order to feel comfortable with not only your foreskin, but with your overall quality of life as a human being. I think it's easy to feel rejected and to accumulate fears about your foreskin if you don't have confidence. That being said, I'm not saying I'm the most confident guy ever. I definitely get self-conscious and I wonder about what will/might happen if I am ever with a partner. However, I quickly get past this. The point of this restoration is to make me feel more complete and healed. It's about my own welfare, and I think it's important to note that you are in a sense taking care of your well being through this restoration. What I'm saying here is that confidence and certainty about your restoration will only leave you with better results and satisfied feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by javeflake View Post
                              • Increased patience and self control

I'm curious what you mean by increased patience and self control.
                              Started CI-0 with no movable skin and 0% FEC

Currently at CI-4 with 64% FEC

See my progress gallery

Comment

Working...
                              X