Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its "cleaner" - Anyone have access to incubator / agar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its "cleaner" - Anyone have access to incubator / agar?

I had a weird random thought about how every single 'justification' and 'benefit' used to promote Genital Mutilation is a lie.

Sure, some smegma can slowly build up with having coverage. It's not like some water or spit can't remove that in a hurry. Plus women have it too, and more difficulty cleaning it off.

Has anyone ever done a study of Swab Cultures from Intact and Mutilated male genitals?

What will be cleaner: something constantly exposed to everything? Something sheathed in a protective enviroment?

Maybe you do a single Glans swab. Maybe you do a few on each person like: urethra / glans / shaft base?

Maybe you include some women in it too for a better picture of what the comparison actually looks like?

Fresh showered / Ignored for days - week?

Would have made an interesting Science Fair type of study to raise some awareness, get people questioning things,
    Saying someone is "Unmutilated" is like saying "Unsweet Tea". So you mean it's just Tea, in its natural state, that nobody has screwed up? It can't be Un- anything

Originally posted by Frizzen View Post
    I had a weird random thought about how every single 'justification' and 'benefit' used to promote Genital Mutilation is a lie.

Sure, some smegma can slowly build up with having coverage. It's not like some water or spit can't remove that in a hurry. Plus women have it too, and more difficulty cleaning it off.

Has anyone ever done a study of Swab Cultures from Intact and Mutilated male genitals?

What will be cleaner: something constantly exposed to everything? Something sheathed in a protective environment?

Maybe you do a single Glans swab. Maybe you do a few on each person like: urethra / glans / shaft base?

Maybe you include some women in it too for a better picture of what the comparison actually looks like?

Fresh showered / Ignored for days - week?

Would have made an interesting Science Fair type of study to raise some awareness, get people questioning things,
    There have been a number of scare studies published where they counted cooties and found "more" in intact guys. But much of the bacteria present is beneficial and benign, especially when proper hygiene (only water for cleaning) is practiced. And viruses might be detected, but they often aren't measuring disease process, so that ignores the fact that the normal foreskin microbiome helps the body fight off and clear some viruses.
    -Ron Low
    [email protected]
    847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post

There have been a number of scare studies published where they counted cooties and found "more" in intact guys. But much of the bacteria present is beneficial and benign, especially when proper hygiene (only water for cleaning) is practiced. And viruses might be detected, but they often aren't measuring disease process, so that ignores the fact that the normal foreskin microbiome helps the body fight off and clear some viruses.
      I would like to see a statistical study on circumcision and prison populations. My guess is that if you ran a study on a large group of intact men (The Control), and a large group of circumcised men - the percentage of men in prison in the circumcised group might be statistically higher.

There might also be similar correlations as to divorce rates, unemployment, poverty, etc.
      I make my own devices.

Comment

My 6th grade science class did an experiment where we took a piece of adhesive tape, stuck it to the skin somewhere on our bodies, and then stuck the adhesive onto agar in a petri dish. We each labeled our dishes, just so we could see what different growth we got from samples taken from different body parts. I labeled mine as "thigh" even though I had reached into my briefs and stuck the tape to my glans.

It was so long ago that I don't remember whether we identified all the various different substances that grew, but I do remember that I was surprised to see how everyone's sample grew some weird funky stuff on it, and mine was no exception.

At that year in school, I'm quite sure that the primary purpose of the experiment was only to demonstrate how the process worked - but it perhaps it was also meant to show that we've got bacteria and fungi everywhere.

Comment

As Ron said, this question, while a logical one to ask, is a bit too simplistic to be helpful. First you have to define "cleaner" in a way that makes some sense for a human that has many beneficial microorganisms living on them. Less is not the correct standard. A combination of typical beneficial microorganisms would be the result I would want to see.

Not to mention how should this be thought of in light of what we know about a woman's vulva, and the interactions between a man and woman during intimate relations?

Unfortunately, we are at the baby steps of understanding the populations of microorganisms that live on and with us. I think the fear mongering around "dirty foreskins" is just that, fear mongering to justify amputating the most important parts of a man's body for sexual feelings and functions, for irrational reasons.

Comment

Working...
          X