X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gcm0285
    started a topic Optimal tugging tension

Optimal tugging tension

Hi. I'm fairly new to restoring and was wondering what is the best amount of tension to use. I've heard that about a pound is good but that doesn't seem like enough.

• salamander6773
    replied
    Just to bump this post with something I found on NORM.ORG that is very useful (Sorry for the big copy paste earlier Ron)

Moderate cyclical tension propagates more cells than constant excessive tension. Several factors seem to be involved. The microbiological studies demonstrate that cyclical tension is more cell productive than constant tension. Studies of exercising and muscle gain (body building) indicate that exercise every other day produces more muscle than daily exercise. Rhythmic cycling of the body, sleep and exercise patterns seem to be essential to good health.

Both personal restoration achievements and correspondence from thousands of men over the last ten years, attest to the results of cyclical tension (the foreskin under tension for a period of time, and then resting for a period of time) for best results. Constant "24 hours a day" tension does not tend to produce the quickest results.

It appears from all this evidence that a good fast production regime is to apply moderate tension (8-14 oz) for 10-12 hours a day, and then for the remainder of the day, use a retainer to keep the glans covered. Five days a week seems also to be acceptable for results. The tension need only be five days a week while awake. To 'force' yourself to a 24 hour 7 day a week regimen is counter productive for several reasons
    They suggest 8-14 ounces here, for 10 to 12 hours a day. This seems like great advice. NORM.ORG

Leave a comment:

• Nomad
    replied
    Originally posted by weber View Post
    What is an "animal balloon" ? in the shape of an elephant?
    The long skinny type balloons used to make the animal shapes themselves. I use condoms as the balloon though, below is a pic of me doing the setup.

Leave a comment:

• Nomad
    replied

btw do you know the password to this vimeo?
    The password is restore. This technique is not an idea on mine btw, it's from a user named "Regrow".

Leave a comment:

• weber
    replied
    Originally posted by Nomad View Post

animal balloon and a wide YSC.
    What is an "animal balloon" ? in the shape of an elephant?

Leave a comment:

• weber
    replied

I've been using the tlc x for bout 2 months already.....it's kinda of a bummer. I thought it's dual tension setup would really work well like the dtr. Well maybe a Dtr will work better in that case, but I don't want to spend any money coz I'm broke. Well the TLC x does great on other setups.

When I use the Tlc x I use them with the tlc selects and the pusher with the strap. I think the spring setup make it cumbersome to reapply.

You can try inflation BTW, it does gives me the tension push I need and is Bi directional. I just use a animal balloon and a wide YSC.

This is the setup I am using==> https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...-and-a-balloon

KOT!
    btw do you know the password to this vimeo?

Leave a comment:

• Nomad
    replied

I'm am not new to TLC Tugger but 1 week new to the X. At this point is appears that I will need to continue to use a leg strap to get the necessary outer skin tension...don't see any other way at this time...I am combining the leg tug with two inner springs for inner skin pull however and it is not damaging the head of the glans. I was manually applying too much inner tension at first...hey don't we all...live and learn.
    I've been using the tlc x for bout 2 months already.....it's kinda of a bummer. I thought it's dual tension setup would really work well like the dtr. Well maybe a Dtr will work better in that case, but I don't want to spend any money coz I'm broke. Well the TLC x does great on other setups.

When I use the Tlc x I use them with the tlc selects and the pusher with the strap. I think the spring setup make it cumbersome to reapply.

You can try inflation BTW, it does gives me the tension push I need and is Bi directional. I just use a animal balloon and a wide YSC.

This is the setup I am using==> https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...-and-a-balloon

KOT!
    Last edited by Nomad; 11-10-2016, 11:19 PM. Reason: Rephasing typo

Leave a comment:

• weber
    replied
    Well I don't if it's just me but my TLC X rubber band setup does not really give give the tension I need...... Its just too weak for me. I even tried combining spring too in with it. Any advice?
    I'm am not new to TLC Tugger but 1 week new to the X. At this point is appears that I will need to continue to use a leg strap to get the necessary outer skin tension...don't see any other way at this time...I am combining the leg tug with two inner springs for inner skin pull however and it is not damaging the head of the glans. I was manually applying too much inner tension at first...hey don't we all...live and learn.

Leave a comment:

• Nomad
    replied
    Well I don't if it's just me but my TLC X rubber band setup does not really give give the tension I need...... Its just too weak for me. I even tried combining spring too in with it. Any advice?

Leave a comment:

• parsecskin
    replied
    When I ordered my TLC X I also ordered an additional 2 rods that are longer just for that purpose. With the skin I've grown, the shortest rod no longer works for me.

Leave a comment:

• weber
    replied
    Originally posted by Tormod View Post
    Experiment. And give your experiments enough time to to be valid. Skin expansion is accursedly slow Maybe 3 or 4 months for each setting.

I found that tensioning my skin so that each 1 cm was strained to about 1.7 cm gave good result. Easier to measure lengths than forces.
    right off the bat I need a longer rod if I was to use rubber bands... the collet hits top of the metal holder. I would say I like to feel the tension, not painfully but know it is tensioning. I may just have to live with a strap and manual tension...Maybe if I had an even longer rod than came with the X the rubber bands would work...I can't be the only one experiencing this...right?

Leave a comment:

• Tormod
    replied
    Experiment. And give your experiments enough time to to be valid. Skin expansion is accursedly slow Maybe 3 or 4 months for each setting.

I found that tensioning my skin so that each 1 cm was strained to about 1.7 cm gave good result. Easier to measure lengths than forces.

Leave a comment:

• weber
    replied
    Originally posted by parsecskin View Post
    You could use a bit heavier rubber band. I also have a DTR in addition to the TLC-X and it uses heavier rubber bands for more tension.
    Thank you Parseckin, I will put that on the list to try...

Leave a comment:

• weber
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr zillow View Post
    @ weber. I use the TLC- X as well and with you I feel the 2 rubber bands just don't give enough tension. What I have been doing is adding a spring as well as the rubber bands. You might try that and see if you get better tension.
    Thank you, a learning curve so I will tame it eventually. I have went to manually pushing the rod and locking the collet and tugging in the leg... I can get some good inner & outer tension that way, but of course using a strap again ...experimenting.
    I will of course try the spring and rubber bands...

Leave a comment:

• parsecskin
    replied
    You could use a bit heavier rubber band. I also have a DTR in addition to the TLC-X and it uses heavier rubber bands for more tension.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X