Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-06-29 Intact America's Georganne Chapin interviewed on Spanish-language radio WKNY 1490AM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021-06-29 Intact America's Georganne Chapin interviewed on Spanish-language radio WKNY 1490AM

Georganne Chapin of Intact America gave an interview in Spanish to radio station WKNY 1490 AM Radio Kingston in New York

Station's web page title:
    Nuevo centro de salud familiar y Samadhi en Midtown Kingston, y la circuncisión rutinaria
    https://radiokingston.org/es/broadca...e-circumcision

I'd be delighted if our native speakers could size up how she comes off in Spanish and sum up what she had to say.
    -Ron Low
    [email protected]
    847 414-1692 Chicago

I hadn't known that Georganne spoke fluent Spanish.

Her interview starts just over 30 minutes into the recording, and lasts just over 15 minutes (then there's a break, and the host gives out IA's contact information). She talks about the purpose of the organization, explains a bit about anatomy and the background of what circumcision is and the need for activism against it, and brings up the concerns brought up by last year's study showing that hospitals are aggressively pushing the procedure.

The host mentions at the end that this was a problem that she didn't even know had existed in this country. I'm not 100% sure, but I think she speaks with a Puerto Rican accent - and circumcision never became an issue there. She allows Georganne to talk without interruption, allowing her to get the entire intended message across. If only more talk show hosts in this country were like that...

Comment

Working...
    X