Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any point?

Is there any point in me restoring?

I'm feeling a bit down about restoring just now, I'm 32, I was circumcised aged 4, I went through my childhood and teenage years aware that I was different, I am still extremly self concieous of my body, and struggle to pee in public or get changed at public swimming pools, I lack confidence.

I just feel like the damage has been done, and that I should have just accepted it by now, but I can't, it's cast a huge shadow over my life, as well as the issues I have mention above, I have doubted my sexuality, I have difficulty ejaculating during sex, I hate the way my penis looks, I'm even envious of uncircumcised guys for being intact and not appreciating it, I'd give my left arm to be depressed and uncircumcised instead of depressed and circumcised.

​​I just feel like it is pointless, and I wish I could get past this!

​​​​​​

I would say yes, very much so, not pointless at all. The opposite. I didn't find out about restoration until I was in my late 40s. I have had a dramatically better sex life, and I have felt empowered by restoring. Plus, sex for my wife has been dramatically better, based on what she has said. So I say start tugging, I have a high level of confidence that you will be glad you did.

One way to think about it is that while the "damage has been done", it is equally true that you can improve things so much that essentially, you will have undone the damage.

Regards

Comment

Thanks for responding.

I will keep restoring, but at the moment I'm not seeing any benefits, and with a pile of other things going on in my life at the moment it's easy for me to feel negative about this.

It's been an issue burning quietly in the background for over 2 decades, I'm keen to find out the exact reasons for being circumcised, I was told that it was phimosis and that my foreskin wouldn't retract??? All of the information I have read, you shouldn't be able to retract your foreskin aged 4. Trouble is I feel it would be difficult to ask my parents without upsetting them, they have no idea about any of my issues.

any suggestions?

Comment

You could ask your parents, or you could also see about the possibility of obtaining a copy of your medical records. It's not unheard of for doctors to incorrectly diagnose phimosis at an age when the foreskin might not be retractable. Back then, some of them probably still had the wrongheaded idea that foreskin should be retractable from infancy. Whatever the case, though, remember that it's all in the past. Restoration is about what you can do for yourself now.

I found early on that it helps to only think about restoring and avoid dwelling on thoughts about having been circumcised. The whole process of restoring should be constructive, and a means of self-improvement. Yes, it takes a while to see various benefits, but they are most certainly worth the effort.

If it's motivation or support you're seeking, at this site we can provide it. Just step out of the Grief section when you're ready; the mere act of discussing various restoring methods and progress can be motivation enough.

Comment

Your welcome!

What method are you using? My philosophy is to make it easy to fit into my schedule, as much as I can. I tug only 20 minutes, twice a day, while eating my breakfast and dinner. The key is to experiment and figure out what works for you.

As far as discussing this with your parents, first figure out what you are trying to get out of the conversation. This is really important, and may take some time. For an issue like this, it is critical to getting a good outcome.

And, a great book to help you through this and other difficult conversations is Crucial Conversations. I highly recommend it:

https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-Conve.../dp/0071771328

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by scotsman85 View Post
            Is there any point in me restoring?​​​​​​
            Is there any point in restoring?

YES, there is.
            My foreskin restoration is one of the best things I've ever done for myself - possibly second only to my own education. (...and a foreskin restoration IS an education!)

The difference between sex with a functioning foreskin, and without one, is phenomenal.
            If you think you have psychological problems now, wait until you experience dekeratinization and the onset of glide. That's when (after first celebrating) I started having intermittent episodes of RAGE because it kept occurring to me, "Why wasn't it like this for me all along?"

Keep on tugging, scotsman85....and stay with us.
            A foreskin restoration journey is wild ride that you don't want to miss.

David
            World As Monkey Island
            Last edited by Science Monk; 04-18-2017, 12:36 PM. Reason: fixed spacing errors
            I declared myself finished restoring with 3/4 erect coverage (CI-8.5) in 2005. I primarily used T-tape, strapping up and around my waist.
            I've participated in NORM meetings in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle (RECAP), and Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Every doubt, reservation, or concern I had about my restoration was resolved by achieving additional foreskin LENGTH.....So just KOT !

Comment

Yes there is a point in restoring. You can't undo what has been done, depressing as that is. But going forward you can undo the cruel mistakes of one part of today's society, but it starts with you. Restoring has shown me a bit of what I lost, but also taught me some things of myself, one being patience - and how it comes in short supply.

It is worth it, went from a C-0 to a current C4 and still going, it takes time but it is definitely worth it.

Comment

Is there any point in me restoring?....... I have difficulty ejaculating during sex, I hate the way my penis looks, I'm even envious of uncircumcised guys for being intact and not appreciating it, I'd give my left arm to be depressed and uncircumcised instead of depressed and circumcised........​​​​​​
                Time and again, I've seen that the men, who have been most damaged most from circumcision, benefit the most from restoring.

As for depression, I find physical exercise to be the best tonic. A little blood-pumping exercise, every other day, helps keep me mentally on an even keel. I have a 6-minute exercise system. I run in place as fast as I can for 90 seconds, then slow to a walking pace for 30 seconds. Three cycles of that adds up to 6 minutes. I have to "run" fast enough to get winded for it to work optimally. It's just enough to make me break a slight sweat, so I try to do my exercise routine right before I intend to take a shower anyway. The physiological benefits last for 2 days, and wane on the 3rd day. So if I do this exercise routine every other day, I'm always enjoying the physiological benefits, and I'm always in the pink mentally. It also keeps the physical feeling of being a slothful slug at bay. On alternate days, I do some bodyweight exercises to build muscle mass. This is a minimal exercise system that even I can (almost) stick to. Surprisingly, this minimal effort system also seems to help with weight control.

The inspiration for my own minimal exercise system came from the best-selling book of yesteryear, "Total Fitness in 30 Minutes a Week" by Laurence E. Morehouse, Ph.D (1980). Laurence Morehouse was a UCLA exercise physiologist who was asked to develop a exercise program for the NASA astronauts that would provide maximal physiological benefit for the minimal time spent (and which could be done in the confines of a spacecraft). This book also made many members of the general public first aware of the different types of training required needed to acquire (1) strength, (2) muscle mass, or (3) endurance.

I also do yoga on occasion for flexibility. The yoga tradition also goes back a long way. I had an aged aunt who was married to a career Air Force officer. They were always globe trotting. She cam back from the Far East with a novel exercise system called "yoga" long before it was popularized in the West.

David
                World As Monkey Island

I declared myself finished restoring with 3/4 erect coverage (CI-8.5) in 2005. I primarily used T-tape, strapping up and around my waist.
                I've participated in NORM meetings in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle (RECAP), and Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Every doubt, reservation, or concern I had about my restoration was resolved by achieving additional foreskin LENGTH.....So just KOT !

Comment

When my wife performs oral on me, she makes me keep a pillow next to my head. Why? Because I moan VERY loudly upon completion (not to mention all the moaning that occurs prior to that). So in short, she's afraid that the neighbors will hear me. Let me tell you a fact; that never happened in the 35 years that I was cut. And I had a lot of partners! It got to the point where in order to "get off," I had to engage in elaborate dirty talk with my partners. Over the years, I've noticed that many cut men also have similar quirks: this guy needs to eat a woman's ass to get off, that man needs to suck toes, etc.

My apologies for the intimate information, but I need to make a point - there is a significant difference in physical pleasure between a cut man and a restored man. Profound even. This is not just about feeling "spiritually whole" or taking part in some symbolic, moral demonstration. It's about a significant increase in physical pleasure. When people characterize foreskin restoration as merely symbolic, they are doing a disservice to our cause. Why would somebody wear a medieval contraption on his cock for three years just to make a symbolic point? Really, that's ridiculous to me.

If you need a reason to suffer, then being circumcised will do the trick. You can spend the rest of your life in misery. If you take this path, I doubt you will ever bring happiness to your future wife. She will sense your misery/martyrdom and quickly grow tired of it. But if you show her that you stood up to evil, won back your dignity, and are now a stronger man, then she will respect your masculine bravery. I speak from personal experience in this regard.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your responses, I do on occasion suffer from depression and on writing the original post, being circumcised bore the brunt of my anger.

I have taken a little break from restoration (until now it just reminded me of why I was angry and made me angrier) the lack of progress didn't help either. I am now willing to restart restoring.

As a reply to Ron1, I have a bit of difficulty bringing myself to orgasm with my wife, but never had to resort to extreme measures, but it has become more difficult down the years, to the point of not ejaculating during sex, that's why I started restoring.

I never used to have any depression issues around being circumcised until I researched restoring, this is a downside that I didn't anticipate!

My goal is to go from ci-3 (flaccid) & ci-2 erect to ci-7 flaccid and erect and to have more sensation through my glans, to this end has anyone heard anything about forenew? Company based in the UK offering tugging devices.

Sorry for the negativity and the lack of any responses over the last while, thanks for sticking with me and thanks in advance for your continued responses and support.

scotsman85

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your responses, I do on occasion suffer from depression and on writing the original post, being circumcised bore the brunt of my anger.

I have taken a little break from restoration (until now it just reminded me of why I was angry and made me angrier) the lack of progress didn't help either. I am now willing to restart restoring.

As a reply to Ron1, I have a bit of difficulty bringing myself to orgasm with my wife, but never had to resort to extreme measures, but it has become more difficult down the years, to the point of not ejaculating during sex, that's why I started restoring.

I never used to have any depression issues around being circumcised until I researched restoring, this is a downside that I didn't anticipate!

My goal is to go from ci-3 (flaccid) & ci-2 erect to ci-7 flaccid and erect and to have more sensation through my glans, to this end has anyone heard anything about forenew? Company based in the UK offering tugging devices.

Sorry for the negativity and the lack of any responses over the last while, thanks for sticking with me and thanks in advance for your continued responses and support.

scotsman85
                      Don't feel bad. We all go thru this. It's part of the healing process. In the end it will make you stronger and a better person. This is one of the main reasons why the medical establishment in the US hasn't come clean with the truth. If they did, do you realize how many MILLIONS of extremely pissed off and depressed people there would be? Do you realize the scope of the potential lawsuits that would be brought? These 2 factors would absolutely PARALYZE the US, bankrupt the country, and clog the court and mental health systems for DECADES if it didn't cause the literal fall of the US. THAT is why they continue the charade. Circumcision IS dying out as people learn the truth thanks to the resources of the internet and education by groups such as The Bloodstained Men who raise awareness of this issue and others like Doctors Opposing Circumcision. It will take a generation for it to really show, but it will be gone in another 100 years tops.

Comment

Confidence leap...

Today, possibly for the first time since childhood, when I wasn't self conceious or aware that I was circumcised, I got changed in the open at a swimming pool changing room, I always used to hide away in a corner and cover up, afraid that people would look at me, but no-one did, I stripped off, showered and dressed without hiding (believe me, I am not an exhibitionist!)

This has been a huge boost for me, on top of buying my 1st device within the last 2 weeks and I am feeling a bit better about myself now.

Just eager for more progress / coverage / sensation now!

Comment

Confidence leap...

Today, possibly for the first time since childhood, when I wasn't self conceious or aware that I was circumcised, I got changed in the open at a swimming pool changing room, I always used to hide away in a corner and cover up, afraid that people would look at me, but no-one did, I stripped off, showered and dressed without hiding (believe me, I am not an exhibitionist!)

This has been a huge boost for me, on top of buying my 1st device within the last 2 weeks and I am feeling a bit better about myself now.

Just eager for more progress / coverage / sensation now!
                          Thanks for the progress report, scotsman85!

Progress reports serve as antidotes to all the grief and angst we so often see vented on this board.

Progress reports keep everyone's foreskin growing!

David
                          World As Monkey Island

Comment

Thanks for responding, I'm glad people reply to my posts and message me, before I joined this forum, I had no one to talk to, let alone ask questions.

I will try to be more active with posting progress reports.

Cheers

scotsman85

​​​

Comment

Working...
                            X