Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The way I feel

​this post has been deleted
    Last edited by The Market Libertarian; 04-13-2018, 09:19 PM.

We are victims. We have had the most important part of our body for sexual feeling and function amputated for no good reason, without our consent, violating our human rights, and exposing us to trauma that has long term effects. How we process that, and what we do for ourselves to deal with it, seems to require different things for a given individual.

I was circumcised as an infant. I first learned of it when I was in grade school, my best friend was intact. My two younger brothers were not. I asked my mom about it and she said the doctors recommended it when I was born, but did not recommend it when my brothers were born. My father was circumcised.

I place the blame squarely on the doctors. That feeling of blame was reinforced when I had my first son. The OBGYN my wife was going to asked us about circumcising our son, I declined. I had not idea about the value of a foreskin or that one could restore, I just had a strong feeling I wanted him intact. The doctor seemed neutral to the decision, until the time of birth. Then he applied mental pressure big time, becoming emotional and using fear mongering to try and change my mind. Fortunately, it was easy to see major flaws in his arguments, and, I being a independent, internally driven thinker, was able to resist, but it was not easy.

I think you have to have time to ponder, to be introspective, to read and process to deal with being a victim against you will and rights. Best wishes on this journey you have embarked upon.

Best wishes

Comment

Originally posted by greg_b View Post
      We are victims. We have had the most important part of our body for sexual feeling and function amputated for no good reason, without our consent, violating our human rights, and exposing us to trauma that has long term effects. How we process that, and what we do for ourselves to deal with it, seems to require different things for a given individual.

I was circumcised as an infant. I first learned of it when I was in grade school, my best friend was intact. My two younger brothers were not. I asked my mom about it and she said the doctors recommended it when I was born, but did not recommend it when my brothers were born. My father was circumcised.

I place the blame squarely on the doctors. That feeling of blame was reinforced when I had my first son. The OBGYN my wife was going to asked us about circumcising our son, I declined. I had not idea about the value of a foreskin or that one could restore, I just had a strong feeling I wanted him intact. The doctor seemed neutral to the decision, until the time of birth. Then he applied mental pressure big time, becoming emotional and using fear mongering to try and change my mind. Fortunately, it was easy to see major flaws in his arguments, and, I being a independent, internally driven thinker, was able to resist, but it was not easy.

I think you have to have time to ponder, to be introspective, to read and process to deal with being a victim against you will and rights. Best wishes on this journey you have embarked upon.

Best wishes
      I agree- we should do a freedom march sometime

Comment

Working...
      X