No announcement yet.

The soul

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a memory of my grandmother bathing me. I remember feeling very ashamed and afraid. I remember expressing that " they" , meaning my caretakers whom she was a part of had hurt me. It was an extremely powerful, yet foggy experience... It's only now, with my new awareness that I can say honestly, that the area where the pain I " remember" was coming from was my genitals. You can cut it up if you wish; but I really have nothing to gain from sharing this. It's not even a crystal clear recollection, but clear enough to know it was real. The major thing was distrust, and a twisted experience of being naked. How anyone can discount this is absurd. If I were a grown woman expressing the aftershock of a sexual assault where my genitals were cut up with a sharp instrument, no one would question the validity or severity of my pain. But because this happened as an infant when my awareness wasn't "fully" mattured. Oh ya, that makes it less of an assault or trauma... I honestly feel like the detrimental psychological effects of infant circumcision can still genuinely plague the psychology of adults even when they think they've moved on. It's your choice... My choice is mine... I choose to wipe this slate clean without any denial... I know my self esteem, my trust, and my reasoning was affected from an agressive unnecessary surgery on my genitals... Part of my physical connection with the universe was altered for ignorant and evil purpose... Shhhhhhhhh... I believe if the search is deep enough others will feel the same. We're not here by accident

Comment

I have to express that I feel infant cir

Comment

Sorry, I'm using my phone and it doesn't respond like I want it to ,often. Infant circumcision is obviously cruel. And it is debatable as to how damaging it truly is psychologically​... Kind of... Just like, you could say , get over it. The guy who beat your ass for no reason, made you fear for your life because you were at the wrong place at the wrong time, made you fearful and anxious every time you left your house after the beating... Yet your subconscious still hung onto the intense vulnerability and powerlessness you felt during the experience. Maybe, after some time you learned to deal with the feelings. You reasoned in your mind about numerous scenarios to fit even partially as to why you experienced​ this.... And you felt, fuck it... This is life... No promises to anyone... So you moved on... You became part of the motion that hurt you in the first place. You recognized it, but didn't have the courage to fight it. You accepted your "fate"... Dealing with something evil isn't the same as fighting it...

Comment

First off... I know I'm out of my league intellectually​ and articulatively with some of you. But I don't give a f$#k. How can you constantly give so much credit to " this study" or "that study" as if to say these studies are the end all be all of authority on what is. People speaking and your own soul should guide you ,without so much reference to what some study said at a certain place in time. Attitudes can affect any study...... What I do know is this, without any outside influence... After my Dad spanked me hard for the first time, I never forgot it... I was scared of my father... I trembled when I knew I had stepped out of line and realized I would be caught... And my fear was a spanking... So, if I had a vague subconscious memory of my dick being cut up; being strapped to a circumcision board, being led there by my parents... Being subjected to quite possibly the most excruciating physical pain I've ever truly known... I would like someone to explain to me how this experience is dismissably benign in my consciousness however deep it may lay...

Comment

Originally posted by Opto-mystic View Post
            If I were a grown woman expressing the aftershock of a sexual assault where my genitals were cut up with a sharp instrument, no one would question the validity or severity of my pain.
            Female genital mutilation is a far more traumatic experience than male circumcision (genital mutilation), hence why it is illegal in pretty much any civilized place. I get where you're coming from with this statement, but it's really not the same. Arguing against something by pointing at a different topic rarely works, focus on explaining why foreskin removal is bad.

Comment

First off... I know I'm out of my league intellectually​ and articulatively with some of you. But I don't give a f$#k. How can you constantly give so much credit to " this study" or "that study" as if to say these studies are the end all be all of authority on what is. People speaking and your own soul should guide you ,without so much reference to what some study said at a certain place in time. Attitudes can affect any study...... What I do know is this, without any outside influence... After my Dad spanked me hard for the first time, I never forgot it... I was scared of my father... I trembled when I knew I had stepped out of line and realized I would be caught... And my fear was a spanking... So, if I had a vague subconscious memory of my dick being cut up; being strapped to a circumcision board, being led there by my parents... Being subjected to quite possibly the most excruciating physical pain I've ever truly known... I would like someone to explain to me how this experience is dismissably benign in my consciousness however deep it may lay...

Hahaha, you made me laugh with your nonchalant attitude.

Comment

I've just begun to consider how circumcision may have affected my behavior growing up. Specifically with regard to impulsivity and aggression. Some how, intuitively, I feel like I want to say yes! The " tooth grinding", anxious, and aggressive child I was, definitely had roots in the blow to my trust of the world as an infant... And because we are all different. Maybe some guys become the opposite of aggressive... Overly passive and fearful... I'm not saying I know for sure, but have any of you had similar thoughts?

Blessings

I definitely concur, because I experience fear, random anger, and very impulsive behavior.

I FOUND a few links which address what you said. I am still looking for the last one! I hope you like them!

https://www.doctorsopposingcircumcis...ogical-impact/

http://www.iaim.net/extreme-trauma-f...reas-of-brain/

Comment

Thank you for the links Pohpohlipoh... And I'm glad I made you laugh. I'm actually a little embarrassed by some of my posts. I honestly had a few too many beers when I wrote them. The passion was there but my expressions were a bit sloppy. Blessings

Comment

I definitely can relate, anytime!

Comment

My circumcision at 3 months old had huge psychological effects on me and my self-esteem (manliness self-worth, body security, and hatred of penis). Discovering foreskin restoration started about 1 month ago after I was going through the Self-Esteem Workbook by Glenn R. Schiraldi with my counseller. Part of the workbook includes appreciating your body and identifying things that are right about it. Also dealing with any past hatred one has for any body parts. I realized from doing the exercise that I hated my penis and this lead me to start researching about the foreskin. Other events in my childhood also added to the low self-esteem and self-hatred but I think the helplessness of being strapped down to a board (this was back in 1983) and having the most sensitive part of my body cut off without anesthetic causing excruciating pain was nothing less than abuse and torture that my body subconsciously remembers even if I can't verbally express it. I asked my parents why they did it and found out my mother didn't want it done but my Dad did because he was circumcised and it was the cultural thing to do at the time.
                      Symptoms I've found regarding being circumcised I identify with include:
                      low self-esteem,
                      shame about not “measuring up”,
                      anger and violence toward women,
                      difficulties in establishing intimate relationships emotional numbing,
                      decreased ability to communicate,
                      feelings of not being understood,

I ordered a TLC Tugger and started using it on March 2, 2018 and am happy with the results so far.

Comment

Yes they don't put that in the infant circ broucher. We have a sick society from religion to so called doctors of harm.

Comment

Working...
                        X