Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We shouldn't let circumcision ruin our lives...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We shouldn't let circumcision ruin our lives...

I think it's safe to say that if you've found these forums you probably still at least have a penis. If not, then, this post almost certainly isn't for you.

That having been said: I know it really sucks to have been circumcised and I too wish it hadn't happened to me, but we should try not to let it totally destabilise us and ruin our lives.

I had a wave of anger and grief when I began to get a greater understanding of what circumcision actually means and what it's meant for me...but I made peace with it and the feelings passed.

If you're stuck in a grief or anger state, there's a good chance it's because it's triggered a clinical depression. That's something you need to seek help for.

When feelings of grief or deep (or even just shallow) depression and unhappiness don't lift, but instead persist and can't be shifted by taking your mind off of it, by doing things you like, then it needs medical attention because it's almost certainly a sign of an underlying predisposition to clinical depression or the onset of clinical depression.

Depression is known as the common cold of the mental health world, it's that common and that easy to treat...but, if it goes untreated, it can get ingrained and become self-sustaining, writing itself deeper and deeper into our habitual thought processes and oftentimes if this goes on unchecked it can turn into a self-sustaining, downward spiral that can all too often be fatal; It's imperative that you seek help to short-circuit that process as soon as you possibly can...

...if you can't seem to shake the grief, the unhappiness or the anger and the things that you used to enjoy just aren't cutting it any more, you must seek proper medical help, because it almost certainly is a sign and a symptom of clinical depression.

Again, I know it sucks to have been circumcised and I wish it hadn't happened to me, but you have to make peace with it, so that you can free yourself from the negative emotion.

Something to at least try and help you look at the positive side of things:

I was a member of a penis enlargement forum for a long time and one day a guy joined and posted to say that he'd used a gelding device to create an artificial priapism but then couldn't get the bands off of his penis. He ended up loosing his penis due to oxygen starvation, as a result of restricted blood flow. He posted pictures as proof and as a warning to others and to ask for help and support, because he didn't know where else to go...

...this guy lost his penis; his entire penis. We've been circumcised, and it sucks, but: we at least still have our penis', they've not bee amputated, we've just been circumcised.

Also, compared to female circumcision, practised in many parts of the world, which is often performed with a stiff brush and involves removal of the clitoris, labia majora and labia minora, we've got away relatively unscathed.

I guess the point of the above two examples is to show you that you have more than you've lost. You haven't had your penis amputated or your genitalia completely excised, you've only been circumcised, so count your blessings and try to look on the brighter side...

...if you find it impossible to do this; if you find you can't get past it, and that nothing seems to shift the feelings of unhappiness and grief, then you need to speak to your doctor, because it's a sign that you're probably clinically depressed; probably brought on by the sense of loss that your experiencing (sense of loss is a key trigger for depression). If your mood doesn't lift and you can't shift it, it's imperative that you seek help, so speak to your doctor and if they can't or won't help you, find one that will.

I hear people talking like they've been castrated or had their penis' amputated and while the feelings can be very strong for a time, if they persist and just won't go away, odds are it's a clinical depression taking hold. If this is what's going on with you: seek help; speak to your doctor...if he can't or won't help you, find one who will.
    Last edited by Rango; 01-09-2020, 01:56 PM.

Originally posted by Rango View Post
    Also, compared to female circumcision, practised in many parts of the world, which is often performed with a stiff brush and involves removal of the clitoris, labia majora and labia minora, we've got away relatively unscathed.

I guess the point of the above two examples is to show you that you have more than you've lost. You haven't had your penis amputated or your genitalia completely excised, you've only been circumcised, so count your blessings and try to look on the brighter side...
    Any Genital mutilation is unacceptable, I still have deep regret that I consented to my sons circumcision because of lack of information by the people you trust.

We have lost a lot , so encase you are not familiar here is what we have lost:
    1. 30 to 50% of all the skin that would cover the penis, the size of a index card 3" x5"
    2. Lose of Meissner Corpuscles nerves that are fine touch receptors
    3. Ridgid band which is highly sensitive, some time referred to as the male G-spot
    4. Frenulum one of the most sensitive parts of the male human body
    5. 20,000 to 30,000 specialized retrograde nerve ending that are able to sense different pressures
    6. Natural immunity that the foreskin provides
    and my other items.

We have lost a lot all because of a whacked out guy by the name of Dr. John Kellogg (yes of Kellogg cereal, the father of American Circumcision) wanted to keeps boys from wasting their energy through masturbation, he thought circumcision cured many different medical symptoms. Did you know he was married and never had sex with his wife.
    Quite the demented person

I am 58 years old and over the years I lost most sensation in my penis when having sex, after restoring for just a few weeks short of 2 years I now have more sensitivity and gliding action than I ever imaged, I can only guess what it would be like if I had be left intact. When I asked my mom years ago why she had me circumcised (my father was born on the farm and was intact) she told me that it was biblical, which I responded "I am not Jewish". Personally I don't think she had a say, the doctors at that time were known to just do it. When I told my dad how much skin I was missing he just cringed and said OUCH.
    Last edited by Gundog; 01-09-2020, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gundog View Post

Any Genital mutilation is unacceptable,
      I agree with you, and I wish it hadn't been done to me, but once it's done it's done, and while you can improve the situation, you can't reverse it; we're stuck with it.

My point isn't that it should be tolerated, I don't think it should, I think it's ridiculous; what I'm saying is that some things (and circumcision is one of them) you just have to come to terms with, make peace with it and move on...

...I don't think it helps some like DS189 (who's saying he doesn't think he's going to be able to continue living because of his circumcision) to innumerate what's been lost and I'm trying to post a thread that'll encourage people to try and get some perspective on things so that they can make peace with it and let go of the anger and the grief.

I've lost a lot in my life; I have a debilitating depression that's left me isolated, alone and barely able to leave the house, a situation that could have been avoided if I'd had a better (i.e. more than just barely adequate) support network when I was growing up...

...I'm not trying to make this a pity party or a competition to see who had it the hardest, I'm trying to say that if you don't let go of this stuff it will eat you up, and some people it can and often does completely destroy.

If it's destroying you or if you can't make peace with it you need to seek help dealing with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rango View Post
        If it's destroying you or if you can't make peace with it you need to seek help dealing with it.
        I agree it is something a person has to let go of, like I said I talked with my parents years ago about it and why it was done, nothing I can do about or that I conceited to have my son mutilated, which bothers me more than it being done to me even if I was young and dumb., none of which I can put back or change. All I can is educate my children, tried this with my son-in-law but didn't work so he had both of my grandsons mutilated (He is a dentist, one of those so smart he is stupid syndrome). He knows how feel about it and for Christmas I gave him the documentary "American Circumcision" and told him to share it with my daughter since as a woman she has not a clue.
        We have to forgive those who have done us wrong and move on in live no matter what it is, regardless if it is someone has done wrong to us and hurt us physically or emotional, if we don't those people just go about their lives and we are the ones stuck down in the miry muck

Comment

Originally posted by Gundog View Post
          We have to forgive those who have done us wrong and move on in live no matter what it is, regardless if it is someone has done wrong to us and hurt us physically or emotional, if we don't those people just go about their lives and we are the ones stuck down in the miry muck
          I agree completely. Holding a grudge is like drinking poison because we want the one we're angry with to die. We might think it's helping to punish the people that hurt us but, more generally speaking, the kinds of people who hurt others often don't even notice or care that you're injured. Holding grudges and resentment and holding on to pain is just prolonging the hurt you've been caused.

There's a psychological exercise where you visualise forgiving people who have caused you harm or pain, even if they're no longer alive. The point isn't to make life better for them, but to make things easier on you.

Forgiveness isn't always easy and often it's not something you can just choose to do; it sometimes needs work and is something that sometimes requires working towards, but it's important to do because resentment is like a poison for the psyche.

One thing I'd add is that we don't have to "forgive and forget". Forgiving and forgetting is like failing to learn from our experiences. Forgiving is how we free ourselves from resentment, forgiving ourselves is how we free ourselves from regret.

It's sometimes not an easy thing to do. It often requires trying to understand why things have happened the way they have.

Comment

Working...
          X