I am gonna cry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am gonna cry

Man I have had a terrible day. The world is a fucked up place right now. I want to scream at sooo many people who actively advocate for circumcision online. I feel sick.

I discovered the reddit r/circumcision. I wish I hadn't. A lot of the posts talked about how they were getting it done for aesthetics. I made a post talking about why it was such a bad idea to get the surgery. I was calm, I laid out bullet points and linked articles and references. I knew it would probably get removed. People are fucked up. Later I check back and yep, its been removed. Here is the post: https://pastebin.com/70HkmvPd

"Obnoxious shitpost" is one of the comments.
    "You got circumcised get over it and move on with your life"
    "Hopefully the admins remove this ignorant post"

I hope as many people saw the post as possible before it was removed.

I then made the second mistake, going to an AskReddit https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/c...hy_or_why_not/
    Now is when I really wanted to cry, and I'm a guy. I would say 90% of the answers said they would never do it to their baby, which I was happy about.
    But then there is this person calling people liars who say why you should not do it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200310_224648.png
Views:	747
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	42000
    I know I should ignore people on the internet when they are being a problem. But the thing is these people do real world actions and if I have even a tiny chance of changing someones mind about this, I am gonna try very hard. I cannot believe this.

I am very sad right now and I needed somewhere to vent. The world is an extremely fucked up place.

It is sad, but there are truly passionate people on both sides of this issue. Some people we won’t be able to persuade to our-side or even have a healthy conversation for that matter. We are here to support you and be a sound board. Thanks for sharing your frustrations with us to help you be freed from them. Hope you are able to feel better from the upsetting situation.

Comment

Thats as messed up as that article about the people in Australia being told that is the only option for infections and tight skin. Dont cut it off unless there is no other option, educate people on proper hygiene and how to rectify the condition through gentle stretching exercises.

Comment

I just feel totally beat, I try to help in a civil manner, well at first I was civil, then I lost my mind but I tried to explain and everyone is just like "shut up go away". I was under the impression that people treated it like: they didn't know any better. But it's like these people DO know. I guess there is nothing you can do to with those kinds of people.

Comment

Sorry you feel so bad. I think social media is not designed to help people have good dialogue. And, never forget that research has clearly shown that there are people out there who actually troll for the fun of it.

In addition, research has also shown that using logic and evidence is not a very good method for changing someone's mind. They simply double down. One effective way is to have someone they admire/trust/think highly of, present the different point of view. they key being that they will listen to someone who they see as someone they look to for leadership, essentially.

Regards

Comment

1. If self-styled intactivists were serious about it all, they would enumerate the influences on a pro circumcision stance.

2. In my opinion this would reveal where they need to focus their efforts.

3. Of course this would be AFTER particular circumcision cases were performed, the recognition of which leads one to the real area to focus on.

4. Neonatal circumcision (the procedure THERE IS NO RATIONALE FOR) is this area.

5. Focusing attention on the clinical area requires a significant amount of research, and the basic knowledge that this is a complicated subject, with multiple players, medical insurance carriers primary in all of this.

6. This is the crusher for most intactivists; they seem to want simple, easily addressed players and information which aligns with the party line's ignorance. In other words they don't live in the real world.

7. NOT living in the real world means you will be easily affected by reality, and completely ineffectual in your attempts to influence knowledge. (Hmm, maybe I need to look at that last part of my sentence )

Comment

"Feeling bad", over intactivist issues, would seem to place the OP's post in either subsection, wouldn't it?

Comment

Some people make the extra effort to be antagonistic trolls, and I've heard this is especially true of Reddit. Report the comments and move on.

Comment

Josephfast, you can't let people on the internet get under your forskin.
                  You need to have thicker foreskin than that.

Ok enough with the jokes, are you at that stage in this process where you have to tell everyone about the destruction done during circumcision? It Seems as though you may be.

What you have discovered is they are swine, you revealed pearls and they declined. Take them back and leave them to their filth. You can't save or help everyone.

Comment

Some people are amazingly stupid or have amazingly poor intentions. Any species that would attack the reproductive organs of their own offspring is a species that doesn't want to exist for very long.

Comment

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."

-Robert Heinlein

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by greg_b View Post
                        "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."

-Robert Heinlein

Regards
                        A cautionary banner which should come up every time we fire up our search engines.

Comment

If you think the comments on reddit were bad you should watch the Howard Stern video on the https://tlctugger.com/media-gallery/ page. It was chilling to hear some of the comments toward the end of that video.

Howard Stern did not make any of them, but I felt he - and especially his film crew - were not at all sympathetic toward Ron's work.
                          I make my own devices.

Comment

What you're doing isn't a bad thing, but you can't convince everyone. Some people are bad. Don't worry about it or try to change them. What can be done is to inform people who haven't settled on things. That means confused young men, young parents, even a doctor. It's not fun or easy or pleasant to try to change someone's opinion about something so personal. I wouldn't do it, but I lack a certain fortitude...maybe you do too.

It's not wrong to speak out, but, you just have to be thoughtful about when, and where and who.

Comment

Hey JosephFast, of course there are idiots at reddit (they call themselves reddiots, or should just as there are whiners and such on Twitter and kitties playing piano on FaceBook and knitting patterns on Pinterest. I was intactivist before it was a thing and there are misguided people out there who believe that they are always just and right. Pretty much like you and me. I have posted messages on Quora against infant male genital mutilation and have been derided by the quiddiots there. What do you do? You have to either ignore the idiocy or don't do what you think is fair and just. Follow your heart. Good luck - I'll follow you on reddit and upvote everything you have to say against circumcision of any kind! Thanks for your wonderful sense of community. Stay safe, continue to post over there and, of course, KOT! Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X