More than tonsils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More than tonsils

• When I was 5 years old, I was told that I was going into the hospital to have my tonsils removed and that my throat would be sore after, but I could eat lots of ice cream. Imagine how I felt when I woke up and found that not only was my throat sore, but my penis too! I had been cut and told nothing about it.

Wow, that's awful. Circumcision always is, but lying on top of it - yikes.

Comment

I remember after that my Dad said, "We made a man of you." Actually, they took my manhood away!

Comment

Wow, talk about deception and nonconsent! Clearly they had no good argument for it, and realized that given a choice you would likely be against removing that part of your anatomy, but chose to go against your presumed wishes.

At least I had it done as an infant, so didn't have to process that type of situation regarding my parents. Made a man of you, yeah right, by taking away the specialized part of your anatomy that makes you a man....

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I still get angry about it.

Comment

Yeah, it's really awful that so many Docs want to upgrade Tonsils to "T&C" since you're already knocked out and can't fight them off. How DARE you still be intact, don't you know that they want more money?

At least now there's a lot more known about their role in your immune system, and there are less radical ways they can attack tonsils. There's still no defense for the genital mutilation.

I remember how much it sucked waking up from JUST a tonsillectomy, and how much everyone kept pestering me to talk, and eat ice cream, and would not leave me alone. (At the time I'm allergic to cows, if i eat ice cream i will be puking within 20 min, how would that be 'better' than just hurting? Vomiting off the clots sure does sound pretty awesome. Eventually they did find something i could eat, and felt like swallowing razor blades)

'but you can have all the ice cream you want...' Good, i don't want any! I've already had all i want!

I'm sorry that you had to go through both at once, and with even more lies!
            Saying someone is "Unmutilated" is like saying "Unsweet Tea". So you mean it's just Tea, in its natural state, that nobody has screwed up? It can't be Un- anything

Comment

Thanks. I'm sorry I had to go through both, too! I don't know why I was cut - yes, there is the money for the doctor thing, or perhaps he knew that almost all the boys in my small town had been cut at birth and he thought I should be done before starting school do I wouldn't be "different," or perhaps because my foreskin wasn't retractable yet (although 5 is a little young for it to retract...more like 10 to puberty). My parents and the doctor are gone, so I'll never know.

Comment

That's terrible, also 5 seems an odd age. Many like me were cut as an infant

Comment

Yeah, I know 5 is odd. I was an elementary school teacher for many years before I retired, and I remember twice when a kindergarten boy (age 5) at my school was circumcised. Both times, the boy came back to school a day or so after it was done, upset and in pain.

Comment

Working...
                  X