Tugging-Induced Urethral Sensitivity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tugging-Induced Urethral Sensitivity?

Symptom: Noticed urge to urinate that appears to correlate with tugger style device usage.

Likely cause: UTI due to lack of cleaning the device before use.

Current status: On Bactrim for a week. Maybe slight improvement in symptoms at day 5 while taking the antibiotics. Waiting for results of second urine culture. Will have a renal ultrasound soon.
    Last edited by AnonymousDude; 05-06-2017, 12:11 AM. Reason: The wall of text was unnecessary/TMI.

From the facts you have related, I think the most likely diagnosis will be some form of prostatitis.

Prostatitis is usually divided into three classes.
    (1) Acute Bacterial Prostatitis more often affects YOUNGER men.
    2) Chronic Bacterial Prostatitis more often affects older men.
    3) Non-infectious Prostatitis is mysterious in its origin.

The dead giveaway was how you are affected by riding in a car...and how the unpleasant feeling is located in the perineum/abdomen region.

If the diagnosis is an infection of the prostate, ask the doctor to avoid prescribing antibiotics of the fluoroquinone/quinolone class - the most common being Cipro, Levaquin, and Avelox. These antibiotics are efficient at killing bacteria, but as a side effect, depending upon your personal genetics, disable your own mitochondria in your own cells throughout your body. Mitochondria are the cell organelles responsible for energy production. No energy production gives you a terrible malaise that is disabling, and can make you unable to work for years. Cipro is suspected of being the agent that caused Gulf War Illness in 250,000 of the 600,000+ US troops that served in the 1990 Gulf War (Operation Desert Storm). Troops were ordered to take Cipro pills during the anthrax scare. Antibiotics of this class are also suspected of causing the current epidemic of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome in modern societies.

Another more far-fetched scenario, is that you have an, as yet, unrecognized inflammatory condition affecting you lower bowel and rectum. The inflamed rectum is then impinging on your prostate, giving unpleasant sensations by referral.

Again my disclaimer: I'm not a licensed medical professional in any country, state, or municipality, nor do I pretend to be. I'm just a concerned scientist with an opinion on the issue.

David
    World As Monkey Island

I declared myself finished restoring with 3/4 erect coverage (CI-8.5) in 2005. I primarily used T-tape, strapping up and around my waist.
    I've participated in NORM meetings in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle (RECAP), and Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Every doubt, reservation, or concern I had about my restoration was resolved by achieving additional foreskin LENGTH.....So just KOT !

Comment

Definitely check with a urologist. If nothing more than to rule out cancer of the prostate. I had benign enlargement of the prostate, and went through several surgeries before resolving it. The one thing my urologist said that stuck with me was that no one came in complaining of pain in their prostate. For me, it was pain in my testicle.

Best wishes

Comment

One thing I have noticed with the standard TLC tugger is that sometimes I'll get an air bubble in my urethra upon installing the device. It's kid of uncomfortable sometimes works it's way out sometimes not. Pushing little urine down the urethra fixes it. Just be sure not to let it flow,or maybe you should? A hydraulic tugger?

Comment

The original poster to this topic may want to try treating the situation as if it were a UTI, using an over-the-counter supplement called D-mannose. See my previous posts on the subject:

https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...=8247#post8247

https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...2787#post12787

I repeat, the fluoroquinolone/quinolone antibiotics (like Cipro, Levaquin, and Avelox), and the sulfa combination drug Bactrim, routinely make the lists of the most dangerous prescription drugs in use today. Physicians are very often unaware of their debilitating side effects and just how frequently patients suffer the worst side effects of these drugs.

David
          World As Monkey Island
          Last edited by Science Monk; 04-27-2017, 05:30 PM. Reason: fixed typos introduced by spell-checker
          I declared myself finished restoring with 3/4 erect coverage (CI-8.5) in 2005. I primarily used T-tape, strapping up and around my waist.
          I've participated in NORM meetings in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle (RECAP), and Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Every doubt, reservation, or concern I had about my restoration was resolved by achieving additional foreskin LENGTH.....So just KOT !

Comment

Or you can go to www.allivet.com and order 500mg fishmox. It's for "fish" and is the same exact pill prescribed for humans, only NO prescription needed. 100 capsules is $20. They have other anti-biotics as well. Just do the research and make sure you get the right one and use the correct dosage for the correct time period. We don't need more resistant bacteria! AND FOR GOD'S SAKE DON'T USE ANTI-BIOTICS FOR A COLD OR OTHER VIRUS!!! They don't work on viruses.
            You may be able to get these at Petsmart or other pet supply places in the fish department.

That'll be $90 for the consultation from Dr.Parsec.

Comment

Just checking in, urine culture came back negative. Will see a urologist tomorrow. Symptoms have not noticeably improved or worsened.

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousDude View Post
                Just checking in, urine culture came back negative. Will see a urologist tomorrow. Symptoms have not noticeably improved or worsened.
                Thanks for the update. That's somewhat useful information.

Please realize:
                Our hero Robert S. Mendelsohn, M.D., said in his landmark book "Confessions of a Medical Heretic," that lab test results are wrong about 25% of the time.
                It is possible for a urine culture to come up negative, and to still have an infection in the prostate.

David
                World As Monkey Island

Comment

Met with the urologist today. I have provided another sample for a culture. The urologist prescribed enough Bactrim DS for a week and recommended that I get a renal ultrasound. Also, I received a bottle of D-Mannose on Sunday which I have been taking. No word yet on whether or not that has helped.

Comment

Thanks again for keeping us posted on your case.

Because of the surgery for intestinal ulcers I had when I was a young man, I've been rendered susceptible to kidney stones.

I can personally testify, when a kidney stone breaks off in the kidney and starts traveling down the ureters toward the bladder, referred pain and/or discomfort in the groin area can result (even though all the action is still in, or near, the kidney). Ergo, your doctor's recommendation for a renal ultrasound.

David
                    World As Monkey Island

Last edited by Science Monk; 05-03-2017, 02:23 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

Originally posted by Science Monk View Post
                      Thanks again for keeping us posted on your case.

Because of the surgery for intestinal ulcers I had when I was a young man, I've been rendered susceptible to kidney stones.

I can personally testify, when a kidney stone breaks off in the kidney and starts traveling down the ureters toward the bladder, referred pain and/or discomfort in the groin area can result (even though all the action is still in, or near, the kidney). Ergo, your doctor's recommendation for a renal ultrasound.

David
                      World As Monkey Island
                      Kidney stones....ouch! A buddy of mine had a few one time and he said the pain felt like someone shoved a knife in his side and passing them felt like he was peeing acid. If you look a one under a microscop, they look like a miniature thistle ball. No wonder they hurt so much. Nothing I want to experience. Drink lots of water and don't drink too much tea, and especially, Mountain Dew!

Comment

Originally posted by parsecskin View Post

Kidney stones....ouch! A buddy of mine had a few one time and he said the pain felt like someone shoved a knife in his side and passing them felt like he was peeing acid. If you look a one under a microscop, they look like a miniature thistle ball. No wonder they hurt so much. Nothing I want to experience. Drink lots of water and don't drink too much tea, and especially, Mountain Dew!
                        Males get more kidney stones more often than females. But the females who get them say that labor pains, and the pain of passing a kidney stone, are comparable. Both involve a colicky kind of pain experienced when smooth muscle is ripped and goes into spasm. The pain is akin to that experienced when a male is kicked in the balls, and the cremaster muscles - whose ordinary duty is to lift the testes during physical exertion - go into spasm.

David
                        World As Monkey Island

Comment

Checking in. Roughly a month since symptoms first presented. I am still waiting on the results of the kidney+bladder ultrasound. Symptoms are as bad as ever. 24/7 urge to urinate. I am taking a second week of Bactrim DS. I have added flomax into the mix, but have not seen much benefit. Supposed to go on long flight tomorrow, but considering cancelling. I have tried d-mannose, saw palmetto, and beta sitosterol. I think I need to find a different urologist. This is driving me crazy.

Comment

Wow, sounds like it would drive anyone crazy. Did the urologist rule out prostate issues?

Best wishes

Comment

Thanks for your updates.
                              I’m sorry I didn’t see your post earlier. I suppose you have already decided whether or not to embark on your plane flight. If you did decide to fly, you might benefit from my story on your return flight.

I flew into Portland, Oregon a mere 6 weeks after the 9/11 attacks on New York City and the Pentagon in 2001. Flight personnel had the jitters.

When I booked the flight, I told the travel agent that, because of my medical need for frequent trips to the restroom, to specify that I wanted to be seated in an aisle seat near, but not right next to, the restroom. (Experience told me that you don’t want the seat right next to the restroom because the aroma of the restroom often wafts over you every time someone opens and closes the restroom door. Also, a line of people often forms near the restroom. This crowd can impede your ability to stand up and gracefully take your own place at the end of the line in the narrow aisle.)

I was only later to discover that disclosing my special need was a good move because (unknown to me) the in-flight personnel were informed of such.

Towards the end of the flight, we flew over the Cascade Mountains and the flight became somewhat bumpy. The pilot turned on the “Fasten Your Seatbelt” sign. I cringed because I knew this meant no bathroom breaks, which was going to be trouble for me.

Finally, I could wait no longer. I had to go really bad. I got up and proceeded towards the restroom in defiance of the “Fasten Your Seatbelt” sign. Like an aviation pro, I proceeded down the aisle agilly, firmly grasping the handle on each seat for stability as I went, AND holding the palm of one had on the ceiling of the cabin to protect my head from smacking on it in the event we should hit some clear air turbulence, and the plane should suddenly drop.

As I approached the restroom, the beautiful young stewardess in the jump seat said, “You’re supposed to be IN YOUR SEAT! The “Fasten Your Seatbelt” sign is on!”

“I know,” I replied politely, “but I have a medical need for frequent trips to the restroom.”

“I know that.” she said. “I know that you requested special seating arrangements, but the pilot put the light on. You are supposed to be in your seat! Can’t you just hold it!”

“No, I can't hold it.” I replied. “I’m sure I’ll have an accident. Don't worry. The bumpy ride won't bother me. I'm hardy.”

I proceeded to open the restroom door, and she angrily snapped, “Okay. I’ll inform the pilot!”

After I finished my business, I proceeded back to my seat. A couple of passengers gave me dirty looks for being a bad boy.

I was afraid that, upon landing, I might be confronted with Federal Marshals for defying some federal aviation law. But as I disembarked, the flight attendant and pilot were all smiles.

Moral of the story: If you have a medical need to frequently and urgently use restroom facilities, let the airline know you are that kind of special needs person when you book your flight. If you don’t remember to, tell the ticket agent who checks you in that the crew should be informed of your medical need. Otherwise they might think that you keep heading to the restroom because you are yet another underwear bomber.

David
                              World As Monkey Island
                              Last edited by Science Monk; 05-14-2017, 12:58 AM. Reason: grammatical

Comment

Working...
                              X