Herbal ideas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herbal ideas.

I have tried alot of supplements (herbal) to try to heal some injuries I have had. I have been diagnosed with chronic prostatis or chronic epididimits, (waiting for results).

I just wanted to say that some ideas if someone is struggling with restoration as I am are in herbal supplements.

Some good ones that might be worth a try are damiana, maca, carnitine, and tongkat ali. I also take a prostate supplement.

There are side effects to any herbal supplement, and extreme research and care must be done if you choose to take anything like this.

Good luck with tugging. I am just pointing this out because I am experimenting with supplements and have found that these might be helpful for someone dealing with circulation issues..

I found some interesting information on damiana saying that it actually can help with any inflammation in the sexual organs, also may help with anxiety.

Right now I am trying to widdle my intake down to maybe 2 supplements aside from multivitamins. Not only is it expensive, but to carry around that many different pills is confusing and overwhelming....

I tried ginseng and gingko with little helpful effects... Fish oil has also let me down. Horny goat weed was affecting my heartbeat and my thyroid, making me fatigued. Some of these supplements are powerful and can act like a prescription drug.

The prostate supplement may be helping with my chronic problems, hoping to hear back from my doctor today whether or not I have epididimitis or prostatis.... An ultrasound was done yesterday.

EDIT: The supplements listed have failed me yet again... I am back to square one... waiting for answers from my doctor. Side effects are terrible for many herbal supplements.... they can slow your thyroid, or mess with hormones...

allowing admin to delete this topic...
    Last edited by salamander6773; 04-26-2018, 04:35 PM.
    PROGRESS GALLERY

Keep in mind that substances sold as herbal supplements typically aren't approved or regulated by the FDA or anyone else. If taking a certain amount causes harmful effects, like rapid heartbeat or thyroid issues, you won't see a warning on the label.

It would be much safer - not to mention actually useful - to ask your doctor what to do. There's something to be said for evidence-based medicine over centuries-old guesswork.

I know, that last sentence might sound a bit harsh, but I have a feeling that once Reality gets to this one, he might tear into it a whole lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by z726 View Post
      Keep in mind that substances sold as herbal supplements typically aren't approved or regulated by the FDA or anyone else. If taking a certain amount causes harmful effects, like rapid heartbeat or thyroid issues, you won't see a warning on the label.

It would be much safer - not to mention actually useful - to ask your doctor what to do. There's something to be said for evidence-based medicine over centuries-old guesswork.

I know, that last sentence might sound a bit harsh, but I have a feeling that once Reality gets to this one, he might tear into it a whole lot more.
      So true, Even so call Herbal medicine can and do result in an Ambulance call out. Some of them work in unexpected ways - tread very carefully like with all drugs natural or otherwise.

Comment

It's weird, an herbal supplement seems to work for me for a couple of days, and then boom, I am in more pain and suffering mentally than before!!!

I can't even stand by the names I have provided above.... If admin wishes, he can delete this post.

I am back to square one, looking for something that can help me again.

And my damn doctor still hasn't called me back about my ultrasound.... F***!
        PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

Originally posted by salamander6773 View Post
          It's weird, an herbal supplement seems to work for me for a couple of days, and then boom, I am in more pain and suffering mentally than before!!!
          That raises the question of what the active drug in the supplement really does. Is it just some sort of painkiller? Depending on what you're taking, there may not be much research available on it.

I think this thread might be worth leaving here, if only to point out this one thing you seem to have learned the hard way: herbs don't necessarily work as advertised, nor are their side effects well known.

Comment

If anyone is interested. I have abandoned all herbs for now, as they seemed to worsen my anxiety greatly.

I am now only taking one herb, trying it out, it is called Yarrow... I think i am on to something here. It supposedly helps with blood flow to sexual organs and has mild side effects.

If this herb fails me, I will be trying Gotu Kola. It generally takes a few days for me to find something that seems to work... So far not really satisfied with the nearing 20 bottles of herbs that I have in the kitchen.

I thought a mild aphrodisac would be key... I was wrong as the side effects are strong, affecting the heart, thyroid, and hormones.

Yarrow is really more of a mild antiseptic, and has some circulation benefits...

Wish me luck.

PS: Doctor still has not gotten back to me. I was given a diagnosis (second opinion) of either CHRONIC Prostasis, or Epididimytis.

Saw Palmetto makes me fall asleep at moderate to high doses. Really terrible... ALthough it did help some of my pelvic pain subside. It was not a cure all and also made me impotent. Also gave me retrograde ejaculations....

So I am hoping this Yarrow will knock out the epididimytis for good. The course of antibiotics was useless as far as I can see as this is not bacterial, but repetitive strain on my groin area.

I am looking into a hernia jock, let me know any ideas you may have to help me!!! My doctor said he would call me, and took today off... What a... ah nevermind.
            PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

Based on my experience with Gotu Kola, I don't think it's going to help you. Got Kola is an Ayurvedic herb that I found to be psychoactive. It put me in personal state of hyper-alertness that a yogi or guru might appreciate, but for me, it was also a state on hypervigilance that made it hard to concentrate.
              Last edited by Science Monk; 04-28-2018, 10:41 PM.
              I declared myself finished restoring with 3/4 erect coverage (CI-8.5) in 2005. I primarily used T-tape, strapping up and around my waist.
              I've participated in NORM meetings in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle (RECAP), and Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Every doubt, reservation, or concern I had about my restoration was resolved by achieving additional foreskin LENGTH.....So just KOT !

Comment

I think you have discovered a general property of herbs and supplements. Sometimes they contain rare molecules that your body finds useful. You get a lift for a time (often one or two days), then the lift disappears.
                I declared myself finished restoring with 3/4 erect coverage (CI-8.5) in 2005. I primarily used T-tape, strapping up and around my waist.
                I've participated in NORM meetings in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle (RECAP), and Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Every doubt, reservation, or concern I had about my restoration was resolved by achieving additional foreskin LENGTH.....So just KOT !

Comment

Originally posted by Science Monk View Post
                  I think you have discovered a general property of herbs and supplements. Sometimes they contain rare molecules that your body finds useful. You get a lift for a time (often one or two days), then the lift disappears.
                  Monk You are the man I am looking for!

The red raspberry leaf, how often do you take it, and are there any side effects? I have read that it is estrogenic.
                  PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

I AM CURRENTLY experimenting with red raspberry leaf and folic acid. Will be also trying vit D most likely.

So far so good, but I am hoping I finally found something I can supp with no side effects and actually works... My hero yarrow has let me down, started not working, made me feel weak.

is vit c worth supping.

I also take a multi. Any dangers with supping vitamins in addition to a multi? (thanks again.) If this raspberry does the trick, I am forever grateful.
                    PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

The red raspberry leaf, how often do you take it, and are there any side effects? I have read that it is estrogenic.
                      I take the red raspberry leaf on a per need basis - only upon the onset of pelvic pain.

I forgot that red raspberry leaf is listed as having estrogenic compounds within it. I don't know if that is at all significant. Estrogen-like compounds are ubiquitous in nature. (Of even greater ecological concern is the estrogen-like compounds being produced in mass quantity by the chemical industry.) So far, I've only benefited from taking red raspberry leaf upon the onset of severe debilitating pelvic pain. So far, I haven't grown breasts, my balls haven't shrunk, and my beard continues to grow robustly. If I decide to go clean-shaven, I have a terrible 5 O'Clock shadow problem. Ergo, I brush off the estrogenic considerations in favor of the relief from the Charlie horse type of pain.

Please be reminded that, in herbalism, what works for one individual does not at all work for another. I continue to be aghast at just how different we, as individuals, are biochemically even though we (almost) all have two eyes, a nose, and a mouth. Red raspberry leaf works for me. I hope it also works for you. It's a relatively cheap herb, and the cheapest and easiest way to determine if it works for you is to obtain some and try it out for yourself.

David
                      World As Monkey Island
                      Last edited by Science Monk; 04-30-2018, 01:08 PM. Reason: usage

Comment

Originally posted by Science Monk View Post
                        I take the red raspberry leaf on a per need basis - only upon the onset of pelvic pain.

I forgot that red raspberry leaf is listed as having estrogenic compounds within it. I don't know if that is at all significant. Estrogen-like compounds are ubiquitous in nature. (Of even greater ecological concern is the estrogen-like compounds being produced in mass quantity by the chemical industry.) So far, I've only benefited from taking red raspberry leaf upon the onset of severe debilitating pelvic pain. So far, I haven't grown breasts, my balls haven't shrunk, and my beard continues to grow robustly. If I decide to go clean-shaven, I have a terrible 5 O'Clock shadow problem. Ergo, I brush off the estrogenic considerations in favor of the relief from the Charlie horse type of pain.

Please be reminded that, in herbalism, what works for one individual does not at all work for another. I continue to be aghast at just how different we, as individuals, are biochemically even though we (almost) all have two eyes, a nose, and a mouth. Red raspberry leaf works for me. I hope it also works for you. It's a relatively cheap herb, and the cheapest and easiest way to determine if it works for you is to obtain some and try it out for yourself.

David
                        World As Monkey Island
                        Thank you very much for the response. I am having extremely positive results with the raspberry leaf. I also found out that another use for it is to remove estrogens in life that we encounter from the body, such as gas and diesel emissions, and plastics like BPA. I more than pleased, I am so glad that you finally spoke up here.

Secondly, I just tried Gotu Kola and immediately recognize it as similar to ADD medication that I have tried before. Not sure that I will take it.

I am taking vitamin D, folic acid (B9), and the raspberry leaf. I am considering taking the gotu kola as it is known to help heal wounds faster.
                        PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

Originally posted by Reality
                          From the standpoint of a regulated, ie safe (not to mention actual) product, and from the standpoint of Science..........horseshit.
                          Science is not infallible my friend, so get off the high horse already. The information about herbs is widely documented and needs no scientific study for validation. Herbs have been used for thousands of years and have provided many people with relief since they were introduced in the garden of eden.

I have found something that has immediately relieved my pain and suffering, and you scoff at it? I know you like to play devil's advocate, but if you continue to produce a toxic environment here, then people will not feel good about contributing. If Monk had not spoken up, I would be in severe confusion and pain right now. I have spoken with doctors and have not even been called back with the results from an ultrasound that was not only difficult to have done in the first place, but was done last week. Why do you think people are reaching out for alternatives to modern medicine??? Look at the opioid epidemic and tell me that I am not better off with herbal ideas.
                          PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

It isn't like I am stuffing pills down my throat. I approach every one with caution.
                            PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

Here are scientific studies which show great benefit for foreskin restoration of gotu kola.

Asiaticasoide, found in Gotu Kola, increased skin strength and skin collagen to better heal wounds in pigs and rats [R].

It also increased SOD, catalase, glutathione, Vitamin E, and Vitamin C in skin damage in rats [R, R].

Asiatic acid, also in Gotu Kola, increased collagen production, further benefiting the healing of wounds [R].

Similar results have been found for Gotu Kola in regards to improving the healing of burns [R, R].

Further, Gotu Kola has been used for stretch marks, raised scars, inflammation (phlebitis and cellulite), and leprosy [R].

The terpenes in Gotu Kola increase collagen production, leading to lower blood pressure and help with swelling (edema) [R].

This was also found in a placebo-controlled study [R].
                              PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

Working...
                              X