LYCOPENE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LYCOPENE

EDIT: Lycopene has side effects such as chest pain. I had to stop taking it altogether.

I am still trying to figure this supplement out. I am taking it and am amazed at the results. I only take this and a multivitamin. I have dropped everything else. All of my pelvic pain has disappeared, and my erections are harder and healthier.

My skin has gotten very smooth all over, and feel more circulation to my genitals.

Tugging is slow and steady... Still using a PUD 18 oz. Wish I could tug at work.

But yeah. Try Lycopene if you have issues with pelvic pain/anxiety. Pretty sure it is pressure on prostate.
    Last edited by salamander6773; 10-14-2018, 06:57 PM.

It's found in tomatoes, as well as certain other fruits and vegetables. It might be good for circulation, but watch out for the old placebo effect here - you might be noticing the results only because you want to see them. Pasta sauce doesn't improve my skin texture.

Comment

Jesus FUCK! WTF Reality? Have a little compassion for the guy. If he has experienced these improvements after months of pain and other issues and the only thing different he has done is take Lycopene and a multi vitamin, then SOMETHING has worked. Whether it be just natural healing, psychological healing or actual body chemistry changes, WHO THE FUCK CARES? As long as he has experienced drastic improvements, he believes it works. I bet your bedside manner is HORSESHIT, to paraphrase. If you came to my bedside in the hospital with an attitude like that, I would kick your fukkin ass! Even if I was in traction!

Comment

No stake, not poisoned. I haven't been on here in a while and the first post I read is you being an unbelievable asshole. Oh, and I don't make threats. That's a fact. Besides, you can't threaten an anonymous avatar on the internet. You need to reign in your attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by parsecskin View Post
          If he has experienced these improvements after months of pain and other issues and the only thing different he has done is take Lycopene and a multi vitamin, then SOMETHING has worked.
          Maybe what "worked" was that he stopped taking the mile long list of other supplements.

Comment

I appreciate the replies. I don't take anything personal. Information debates are usually stimulating and provide me with some form of insight. This is more or less an update for my issues, and a suggestion for anyone with similar problems. Lycopene seems safe so far.... I really have to quit coffee.

Anyway, thanks again, iron sharpens iron. Appreciate the advice and information here. Been tugging with 18 ounces of weight for 4 to 5 hours after work. Time has been an issue, been harder for me to stay motivated. Trying to tug while resting has been a challenge. Embarrassingly enough, one hole in my mattress later, and I am not sure if more tug time has been for better or worse. Had to cut the weight down though.

taker her easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Reality

Read the linked study (if you can) and walk away more informed. Then YOU can choose what you'd call it. (Time, after time, after fucking time, you internet "advertising scientists" with your absolute absence of any sort of understanding............ At least this time it can't hurt anybody, unless you run into one o' them Killer Tomatoes).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3850026/
              More questions than answers here...

Comment

Originally posted by Reality
                Let's look at this thread, restate some of it, and look at the circling complaints about it, here and behind the scenes:

You are a believer in pseudo science, OP. I'm not. I've seen it harm people, some irreversibly. I'm a science-based guy. That's how I approach things. This thread is actually pretty mild, but it represents a wider issue having to do with "friction".

As I said above, at least in this thread nothing harmful was suggested. But please know, what I said wasn't "iron sharpening iron", it was bleach on a pile of crap. False claims are a pile. THEY ARE NOT "IRON". There is precious little iron on this site. Just a few members bring iron; nobody else. To walk away thinking that there is "iron" here is a mistake.

z726's post was Fabreze on a pile; he recognized it for what it is, and used the softer sell, and walked away. Kudos. I guess. Parsec, and greg_b, see using bleach (my "abrasive" language, ie the harder sell), as the paramount offense. I use bleach on the ideas, not the member.

Most here have no problem allowing piles to be deposited in front of readers as long as everybody is nice about it. "Nice" is what this site is for, anymore. Parsec likes making his objection to counterpoint (rough, admittedly) personal, even though mine wasn't. He went after the dude, not the ideas. He apparently sees anybody's objection but his as a personal attack. Actual personal attack is allowed here too, as you can see, and if you notice, he used "abrasive" language (greg_b's issue). Perhaps greg_b sent Parsec a PM, like he did to me. Who knows. Who cares.

But here's the thing: my choice of words is my choice of words, and my eventual irritation with "piles" is mine as well. I get to have it. The admins get to disallow my speech by censoring it, if they choose. That's a balance. At this point, my only (and fading) raison d'etre are the piles. There are so many, on more than one level. I can't "support" them, I try to be honest. Piles don't represent "nice" to me, so when they continue in a stream, I object. There are guys who come here for suggestions and advice in tugging. What I say to them regarding the piles is, "eyes open, don't step in that". And sometimes: "See? I'm pouring bleach on it".

I've offered civil, informative information and advice when the OP asked for it and been criticized for that. Because I have an education, primary and ongoing training, and experience in a number of associated issues surrounding restoration, the know-nothings object. There's a whole lot of "em, too. Hell, they're objecting as they read this; "oh he's so puffed up with himself". No, not really, I'm knowledgeable. I fucking earned it, the hard way. The problem from their point of view is I'm also a mirror for their agenda, ignorance, and fetish. They don't like that. You'd think they would, allows them to get all puffed and angry and name-calling. The other problem for them is, there is only about 6% if the total membership who post. So the pile makers really stand out (this was a passive aggressive complaint in the Suggestion section).

If I choose to, I'll go on offering information, advice, and "don't step in that". The rest is up to the admins.
                I don't believe in science, I recognize it as a tool. Science is not a a religion or something to be believed in. Science is simply the study of the natural world. How me using natural vitamins and herbs and lotions is quote fake/pseudo science eludes me. I am simply taking advantage of things that are in the natural world and using them. These scientific studies are no where near as informative or helpful as anecdotal evidence from people who have used such things. Most of these research studies are outdated and not followed up.

Alot of scientists today are blinded in their own ignorance concerning the natural world. Hanging on to erred and outdated theories... It is amazing how little we actually know about this universe. We are still in a dark age to be honest. Quite like the doctors of the past bleeding their patients, and teaching flat earth theory to their students... Telling us that we are related to chimps... Oh the ignorance and depravity of an overly confident scientific community. One which censors ideas and controls thought... Washing the brains of easily influenced college youths.

You talk about science as if it is this holy infallible thing. It is only as good as the minds doing the research and observation... The mind with the cure for cancer was probably aborted and chopped up and sold. Science can be used for evil as well as good... Planned parenthood is doing similar things that Hitler did years ago.

Maybe the bleach is not very effective here... As far as restoration goes, there is no science. We are literally relying on accounts from people who tug.. Noone has ventured to gather data and make any science out of it. Aside from a few people who recorded their progress...

What offends people is that we are all blind mice here, and the kind thing to do is offer some form of advice however inadequate it may be... Going around telling people they are wrong and stopping discussions goes nowhere.

But I have appreciated your input and am not offended... I have actually learned a few things from you mister.

Comment

"I don't believe in science" - how can you not believe in science? Science is fallible and can not tell us everything but it can tell us that we are related to chimps. To deny this when the sheer volume of evidence to the contrary borders on insanity. And there is no cure for cancer (yet) and comparing birth control to Hitler is beyond the pale.

It is utterly illogical to not believe in science. Science is simply the observation and explanation of changes in the physical world. You do do nothing, and then you do something and you observe and calculate delta. This is science. I am a scientist, I have a BSc, a Masters and a post grad so I understand science and I definitely understand nutrition and the human body. If lycopene has worked for you then great, I hope it has and frankly it won't do any harm. However I'd be gobsmacked, considering the 1000s of inter-related and co-dependent metabolic reactions in the body if a single alkene could have such a profound effect on pelvic pain and anxiety - but regardless I'm glad your symptoms have improved whatever the reason(s) for improvement.

I do agree that restoration relies on anecdotes and we shouldn't be closing down discussion on anecdotes just because these anecdotes and observations lack scientific rigour. All information is useful, we should have lycopenes in our diet, but it is difficult to establish the usefulness, as we can't do a comparison with and without across a population. However you have done this in a population of one so your observation and experience is worth sharing - you could be the first of millions, or you could be one of one.

One thing I do take exception to are some of the responses from Reality. This is a forum for expressing opinions and reflections and sharing anecdotes. It serves little purpose to shout down people with anecdotes which don't stand up to the level of scrutiny of a full randomised controlled trial. I am a scientist, I work with evidence and as a consequence I think religion and religious beliefs are utterly insane and I will disagree vehemently with anyone who thinks religious teaching trump actual observations - but a little respect and tolerance doesn't go amiss.

This post was a man sharing some good news and a suggestion that this could help others. It's fine to express opinions about the lack of evidence and placebo but maybe tone down the anger in future.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Boy View Post
                    "I don't believe in science" - how can you not believe in science? Science is fallible and can not tell us everything but it can tell us that we are related to chimps. To deny this when the sheer volume of evidence to the contrary borders on insanity. And there is no cure for cancer (yet) and comparing birth control to Hitler is beyond the pale.

It is utterly illogical to not believe in science. Science is simply the observation and explanation of changes in the physical world. You do do nothing, and then you do something and you observe and calculate delta. This is science. I am a scientist, I have a BSc, a Masters and a post grad so I understand science and I definitely understand nutrition and the human body. If lycopene has worked for you then great, I hope it has and frankly it won't do any harm. However I'd be gobsmacked, considering the 1000s of inter-related and co-dependent metabolic reactions in the body if a single alkene could have such a profound effect on pelvic pain and anxiety - but regardless I'm glad your symptoms have improved whatever the reason(s) for improvement.

I do agree that restoration relies on anecdotes and we shouldn't be closing down discussion on anecdotes just because these anecdotes and observations lack scientific rigour. All information is useful, we should have lycopenes in our diet, but it is difficult to establish the usefulness, as we can't do a comparison with and without across a population. However you have done this in a population of one so your observation and experience is worth sharing - you could be the first of millions, or you could be one of one.

One thing I do take exception to are some of the responses from Reality. This is a forum for expressing opinions and reflections and sharing anecdotes. It serves little purpose to shout down people with anecdotes which don't stand up to the level of scrutiny of a full randomised controlled trial. I am a scientist, I work with evidence and as a consequence I think religion and religious beliefs are utterly insane and I will disagree vehemently with anyone who thinks religious teaching trump actual observations - but a little respect and tolerance doesn't go amiss.

This post was a man sharing some good news and a suggestion that this could help others. It's fine to express opinions about the lack of evidence and placebo but maybe tone down the anger in future.
                    It is called eugenics. Hitler used it, and now our government uses it just like Europe. They are aborting down syndrome and minority babies by the droves.

This is worse than a thousand holocausts. And you can blame it on science. True darwinism in action. Master race.... Nazism.

Science is not a religion. It is a tool to understand the world...

Macro evolution has never been observed... Where are the missing links???

You want to talk about bleach? Brainwashing?

Science has no place on this forum... Why? Because noone has wasted their time to study this process we call tugging! So why tout your phds and mds and bds?

Comment

Well, I disagree that no science has been used on this forum. I also completely disagree with your view of science, and think you do not understand science very well. I would say that a lot of science has been used on this site actually. But it may be that what you mean by "science" and what I mean are different. My definition is that it is a logical way to learn about our world by figuring out how to control variables so that you can have confidence that the effects you are trying to measure are actually what you are measuring. Any one of us can do good science, and history is full of many examples.

Of course, there are different levels of rigor with which science can be done, for a number of reasons, including ethical, limitations in our understanding, practical limitations. You can have more confidence in some results by some people doing science than others. The gold standard are results reported in peer review literature, using double blind techniques. And even those can be wrong, we are human after all, so bias and mistakes creep in. The thing is, that science has a long history of self correcting. And preventing the very things you say it is causing.

I can say that I have a lot more confidence in someone when I know they are using science, than when I know they are simply trying things and letting their biases lead them to conclusions, as you seem to be doing. At least that is what you have indicated in the way you are saying things, and in you posts which are filled with conspiracy, fallacies, etc. I have a lot more confidence in what Reality says, than I do you, for example. A lot.

I am a scientist. I have to deal with scientists who have strong biases at times. I have to figure out what to have confidence in, in the face of pressure to just do whatever someone wants to do. You are wrong on many levels, regarding your views of science. That doesn't mean you are necessarily wrong about lycopene, for example, but your recent posts clearly demonstrate that the lycopene should be taken with a large grain of salt, so to speak.

Regards
                      Last edited by greg_b; 10-01-2018, 06:38 PM.

Comment

I have no idea how a support of scientific rigor and an observation of anecdotal evidence has moved on to Hilter, Nazism, Master Races and Eugenics. I actually wrote in support of you but following that outburst I can see where Reality is coming from with your utter refusal to see any other perspective other than your own.

You are correct in that science is not a religion, but if you want questions answered then maybe you may find your answers in a sacred text rather than in logic, reason and observation.

Comment

Working...
                        X