Yeast infection help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeast infection help

About a month ago I noticed a rash at the head of my penis. No itch just red. I went to a doctor and was told its a yeast infection. Was prescribed ketoconazole cream and used it for 2 weeks without any improvements. Went back to doctor and was given nystatin cream. Tried that for a few weeks as well with no improvement. Then was given a tablet of fluconazole and hydrocortisone. No luck and finally was given mupirocin cream and was told if that doesnt work go to a urologist.

It didnt help either so went to a urologist who basically told me to deal with it or get circumsized. Only suggestion given was dont use soap and blow dry area after showers. No other medication given by the urologist. Im at wits end trying to get rid of this. Any one have similar issues and recommendations?

Been using unscented soap recently and have been blow drying. Not sure what I can do at this point .

Typical asshole doctor: "Just cut it off". First off, use a Ph neutral cleanser like Cetaphil. DO NOT USE SOAP! Soap is made from lye which changes the Ph in there. There are good bacteria that live in there that keep things like yeast at bay and they need the correct Ph to live. You change the Ph, they die and that opens up the door for all sorts of shit to grow in there. Secondly try sprinkling some probiotic from a capsule in there mixed with a little Cortison10 Ultra moisturizing formula (see pic). That should do the trick.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by parsecskin View Post
      Typical asshole doctor: "Just cut it off". First off, use a Ph neutral cleanser like Cetaphil. DO NOT USE SOAP! Soap is made from lye which changes the Ph in there. There are good bacteria that live in there that keep things like yeast at bay and they need the correct Ph to live. You change the Ph, they die and that opens up the door for all sorts of shit to grow in there. Secondly try sprinkling some probiotic from a capsule in there mixed with a little Cortison10 Ultra moisturizing formula (see pic). That should do the trick.
      Thanks will give it a try. Hoping this will help!

Comment

Well, as Parsec said, that urologist was useless. But, did he (or she) confirm that you had a yeast infection? Yeast infections usually are itchy, are they not? Is it possible that the redness is simply a dekeratinized glans? For that matter, how did the first doctor determine it was a yeast infection? Were samples taken to the lab to test for yeast?

Some have suggested applying yogurt with live cultures to the penis and foreskin to "overwhelm the bad microrganisms and help to establish good microorganisms. You could try that. You could try avoiding all cleaners and rinse only with water.

The tricky thing is that we do not have good reliable ways to encourage the microorganisms we want living on and in our bodies, and discouraging the ones we do not want. So we are left to experiment and find what works by ourselves.

Best wishes

Comment

The urologist said thats what it was and its common and nothing to worry about. Mine is not itchy just red spots. It does itch once in a while but not often. Both doctors just went off description and just did a visual exam.

Comment

When I've needed a yeast infection treatment for my pubic hair in my grain my family doctor I've used cream's made for women. I think you have lots of options.

The objective input I'd offer to you is consider your diet. Specifically eating probiotic yogurt and cutting way back on refined sugars and refined flour in your diet.

If you deal with this now you'll be able to help your intact friends throughout your life if the topic comes up.
            View My Progress Gallery @ https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...ooded-progress

Comment

There were a few antifungal medications mentioned in the original post, but the one I've used in the past, both for athlete's foot and jock itch, is a powder containing miconazole. It can be found at pretty much any drugstore. IIRC, it was on the shelf with other foot medication, but the product labeling specifies that it can be used for jock itch as well. I would assume it also comes in ointment form.

Neither the hydrocortisone nor the mupirocin would have worked for a fungal infection; the first is a corticosteroid, and the second an antibiotic.

Fungi tend to thrive in warm, moist, and dark environments. I can imagine getting rid of a yeast infection under the foreskin might be difficult for that reason, but I'm sure it can be done.

Comment

The reason I suggested the cortico steroid cream is that once, before I was cut, I had what I and the doc thought was a yeast infection. Tried ALL the recommended crap to no avail. So I tried the hydrocort. THE REDNESS WENT AWAY IN 3 DAYS!! Apparently it was NOT a yeast infection. I suspect the OP has something like this going on.

Comment

My youngest has had thrush once, the GP suggested a bath in epsom salts twice a day, it cleared up in a week.

Comment

The reason I suggested the cortico steroid cream is that once, before I was cut, I had what I and the doc thought was a yeast infection. Tried ALL the recommended crap to no avail. So I tried the hydrocort. THE REDNESS WENT AWAY IN 3 DAYS!! Apparently it was NOT a yeast infection. I suspect the OP has something like this going on.
                    Is the cortizon 10 ultra the same as hydrocortizon? Ive tried hydrocortizone with no luck.

Comment

Originally posted by oregonolympus View Post

Is the cortizon 10 ultra the same as hydrocortizon? Ive tried hydrocortizone with no luck.
                      Basically, yes. But I tried the regular stuff and it didn't work. The stuff pictured in my post is the one that worked. Make sure it's the green label.

Comment

Basically, yes. But I tried the regular stuff and it didn't work. The stuff pictured in my post is the one that worked. Make sure it's the green label.
                        Thanks I used a one the doctor prescribed. I picked up some miconozole today and will give that a shot for a few days to see if it works. If it doesnt will try the cortizone 10.

Comment

One day use of miconozole and not even a slight improvement. I am beginning to think as well if this is not a yeast infection as well. Not even slight improvement after all the creams prescribed for it

Comment

It may very well not be a yeast infection. mine wasn't. Pic is worth 1000 words, got one? PM me if you don't wan't it public.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3870.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	34442

Comment

Working...
                              X