Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Exercise Treats Depression - Article on mercola.com

For restorers who are combating depression:
    A article on how physical exercise treats depression has just been published online on Dr. Joseph Mercola’s web site:

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...epression.aspx

Dr. Mercola’s web site is the leading alternative health site on the web. Use the search term box provided on the site for useful alternative medicine information on just about anything that ails you.
    https://www.mercola.com

Personally, I find that just 5-6 minutes of pulse-rated exercise every other day keeps me mentally on an even keel.

The physiological benefits of the exercise begin to wane significantly on the 3rd day. Thus, if you do the pulse-rate exercise every 2nd day, you are always benefiting from at least 60%-plus of the maximum physiological benefits of the exercise. That also means that if you miss a 2nd-day session, but do the pulse-rated exercise on the 3rd day, it’s not that bad. You don’t have to berate yourself too much for missing a 2nd-day session because the benefits of the exercise only begin to wane significantly on the third day. So, you will experience a dip in the benefits, but will come back on the 3rd-day session.

Beware of antidepressant medications that are prescribed by doctors (AND everything else that the medical establishment has to sell you, for that matter). Some antidepressant drugs are known to mess with male libido and erectile function. Check the lists of known side effects of the drugs you are taking.

David
    World As Monkey Island
    I declared myself finished restoring with 3/4 erect coverage (CI-8.5) in 2005. I primarily used T-tape, strapping up and around my waist.
    I've participated in NORM meetings in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle (RECAP), and Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Every doubt, reservation, or concern I had about my restoration was resolved by achieving additional foreskin LENGTH.....So just KOT !

But spreading paranoia isn't helpful. Medicine uses what it has available, and has always acknowledged that this is less than acceptable by using the term "chemical restraints".

Comment

Science Monk: I'd like to be the person that comes here and thanks you The exercise is a great reminder to me, personally. People who take anti-depressants are definitely doing much more harm than good to themselves... they simply just do not know better!

Comment

Yes, exercise can be a very effective way to treat depression. Here's the most important thing I learned while writing a book on running and mental health: In clinical studies, regular aerobic exercise is as effective as antidepressants in reducing symptoms of mild to moderate depression.

Comment

Originally posted by sorefkin View Post
          Science Monk: I'd like to be the person that comes here and thanks you The exercise is a great reminder to me, personally. People who take anti-depressants are definitely doing much more harm than good to themselves... they simply just do not know better!
          You may want to look at my previous post on my minimal exercise system (6 min per day):
          https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...3653#post13653

David
          World As Monkey Island
          I declared myself finished restoring with 3/4 erect coverage (CI-8.5) in 2005. I primarily used T-tape, strapping up and around my waist.
          I've participated in NORM meetings in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle (RECAP), and Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Every doubt, reservation, or concern I had about my restoration was resolved by achieving additional foreskin LENGTH.....So just KOT !

Comment

Working...
          X