Taking a nap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking a nap?

With or without alarm, whenever I try to take a quick, 30 minute or so afternoon/evening nap, it ends up like 2-3 hours instead. How do I wake up from the nap earlier?

Tell Owen Shroyer to wake your as up!

Comment

I thought about it too before, but it actually depends on us. if we want to wake up, we can wake up. the reason that we sleep more is that we are not ready to wake up yet...

Comment

It's impossible. ;-P

Comment

I'm not sure but I think I might have something that can help you. Sleep can be describe in 5 stages. After few minutes of sleeping, you will enter the first stage. then after 25 mins, stage 2. And after 90 minutes, you are in stage 5. So as you said, you are trying to wake p after 30 minutes, which means you're in stage 2. Is there any chances that you woke up after 30 mins then doze off again? If so, yeah.. you will be having difficulties to wake up because you entering a deeper sleep. So my suggesting is, you can try to wake up before 25 minutes of sleep. You can read all about it here: Why Cant Some People Sleep When They Change Pillows?

Comment

Thanks for your informative chart. What I recently learned about REM sleep is that men and women are nearly always erect for it.

I have therefore developed a hunch that what guys think of as morning erections are simply evidence that they were awakened from an REM stage (by an alarm) rather than gradually and naturally emerging from sleep. Lately I don't often have an erection when I wake up in the morning (I don't use an alarm clock) but when I wake with clear memory of a recent dream I certainly do.
            -Ron Low
            [email protected]
            847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

I know for sure it's possible to drop straight into REM sleep. Sometimes when I take a nap I have wild dreams that seem to last hours, but I wake up and it's only been 30 minutes. I think there's a lot of variation in sleep... or maybe I'm just a mess of sleep disorders, lol.

Comment

the only thing that makes me wake up when I take a nap for a few minutes is that I drank lots of water. Then, I'll wake up in minutes to the toilet.

Comment

Working...
                X