Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much damage happens to the glans if cut at birth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much damage happens to the glans if cut at birth?

How much more developed is the head if grown inside the foreskin until the foreskin retracts on its own?

When I was attending the NORM-Los Angeles meetings back in 2001, it was not unusual for a circumcised man to show up with a chunk of his glans missing. When the doctor inserted the surgical probe to separate the foreskin of the glans of the infant, a piece of the corona would be knocked off as a result. It is a BAD, unsightly circumcision artifact, and one that is not improved by restoring. The missing part of the glans never grows back.

If just the surface of the glans is roughed up, or skinned, by the forcible separation of the foreskin from the glans in the infant, it leaves a permanent life-long shallow crater, or pock mark on the glans. The surface of the glans does not heal completely like a skinned knee does. Back in the days of the old restore-list, Wayne Griffiths said that such an imperfection is not improved much, if at all, by restoring. However, the dekeratinization of the glans, and its wet, glossy appearance as the result of being constantly covered by the restorer's neo-foreskin sometimes makes this type of circumcision artifact less apparent, even when the foreskin is fully retracted.

David
    World As Monkey Island
    I declared myself finished restoring with 3/4 erect coverage (CI-8.5) in 2005. I primarily used T-tape, strapping up and around my waist.
    I've participated in NORM meetings in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle (RECAP), and Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Every doubt, reservation, or concern I had about my restoration was resolved by achieving additional foreskin LENGTH.....So just KOT !

Comment

To answer the question that I think Zbubs originally posed:
      If the glans is undamaged by the forcible separation of the foreskin from the glans in the infant, I don't think it has much long-term effect on the development of the glans.....except that the surface of the glans becomes keratinized (a.k.a. cornified) and desensitized as a result of being denuded.

I think that the denuded glans becomes overstimulated by the non-sexual stimulation of rubbing against the cotton jersey of one's underwear, which I think adversely affects one's sexual brain center(s). I think the dekeratinization and re-sensitization of the glans is completely reversed by restoring the foreskin. I think that a closer-to proper-use of my sexual brain center(s) has also become re-established as a result of my years of being restored. I feel much of this reestablishment occurred within the first months of being constantly covered, but may be still ongoing for the past decade and a half of being fully restored.).

The bad thing I think that happens (and I know other veteran restorers think the same) is that the individual ends up with a shorter foreskin as a mature adult. I think an attached foreskin grows along with the penis during the course of boyhood just like it grows along with the penis during fetal development. I also think that young intact gents whose foreskins do not naturally detach from the glans until after puberty end up with the most luxuriant foreskins of all.

One reason I think we are so successful restoring just by tugging is that it recapitulates the natural growth of the foreskin induced by being tugged along -- attached to the glans -- by the growing penis in the course of normal development.

David
      World As Monkey Island
      I declared myself finished restoring with 3/4 erect coverage (CI-8.5) in 2005. I primarily used T-tape, strapping up and around my waist.
      I've participated in NORM meetings in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle (RECAP), and Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Every doubt, reservation, or concern I had about my restoration was resolved by achieving additional foreskin LENGTH.....So just KOT !

Comment

Thank you, my question is answered.

Comment

Physicial damamge is one possibility with circ but pleasure is NOT from the Glans but the inner skin and frenulum remnant & for some the scar line as well.
          Glans acts as a mandrel.
          I don't understand why so many Males & Females don't understand which parts of their penis or clitoris actually creates the pleasure sensations.

Juyst maybe health education either mis informs or personal incorrect asumptions about the red tips must be where it is at .... when it is NOT.
          If people did then all forms of genital alterations for warped religion/ bogus medical reasons = $$$ would be banned for ever.

Comment

Working...
          X