Moderate
    4.76%
    Don't know
    0%

Independent.

Comment

Originally posted by greg_b View Post
      Independent.
      That's a party affiliation. Take this, and click on 'political philosophy.'
      http://www.ontheissues.org/Quiz/Quiz...?quiz=Pres2016

Comment

Shrug, but not a choice in your poll.

I define it this way: a voter who votes for candidates based on how they stand on various issues rather than on the basis of a political ideology or partisanship

Comment

Shrug, but not a choice in your poll.

I define it this way: a voter who votes for candidates based on how they stand on various issues rather than on the basis of a political ideology or partisanship
          Well take the quiz and see.

Comment

The quiz only told me how well I aligned with past presidents on specific issues. No help I could see in the sense you seemed to be linking to it for. But then again, I don't need any help sorting out what label to use for me. And, I disagree that as I am defining my position on politics, that I have a party affiliation.

Comment

The quiz only told me how well I aligned with past presidents on specific issues. No help I could see in the sense you seemed to be linking to it for. But then again, I don't need any help sorting out what label to use for me. And, I disagree that as I am defining my position on politics, that I have a party affiliation.
              On the top, click on the political philosophy option.

Comment

Thanks, missed that. Interesting way to show where one leans, I like that it puts you on a muli-axis graph so that you are not necessarily grouped into a category, though you could do that if you wanted, but rather are somewhere along a continuum. Of course simplifying to one overall score is not very helpful other than wanting to divide people into these political groupings, which doesn't appeal to me as a general rule. And, I already knew where I leaned, so that doesn't tell me anything new.

What was your reason for wanting to know how people classified themselves?

Comment

Thanks, missed that. Interesting way to show where one leans, I like that it puts you on a muli-axis graph so that you are not necessarily grouped into a category, though you could do that if you wanted, but rather are somewhere along a continuum. Of course simplifying to one overall score is not very helpful other than wanting to divide people into these political groupings, which doesn't appeal to me as a general rule. And, I already knew where I leaned, so that doesn't tell me anything new.

What was your reason for wanting to know how people classified themselves?
                  Where did you lean?

Comment

In this political climate, I generally do not see value in classifying people this way. Rather, I think it just leads to more divisiveness.

Since you have not answered my question about your reason for setting up the pole, all I have to go on is what the OP stated. As it stands, I believe I have answered fully and effectively, I will leave my answer as it stands.

Regards

Comment

Conservative, with libertarian leanings.
                      For fun, I took that little test you linked to, and it came out as I expected.

I know some will disagree, but honestly, I think the vast majority of people who consider themselves independent/moderate actually do fit into one of the two parties...they just aren't aware of it.
                      I think most of them simply lack the political awareness (most likely through lack of interest) to figure out which side they lean toward. Or maybe they think not adhering 100% to the beliefs of a particular side means that they have no side.
                      I know I have some issues I lean to the left on, cannabis legalization and abortion for example, but that doesn't mean most of my beliefs don't line up with the right.

Comment

Working...
                      X