Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What political ideology are you of?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What political ideology are you of?

    What political ideology are you of?
    16
    Libertarian
    23.81%
    5
    Liberal
    23.81%
    5
    Conservative
    33.33%
    7
    Statist
    0%
    0
    Communist
    4.76%
    1
    Anarchist
    9.52%
    2
    Moderate
    4.76%
    1
    Don't know
    0%
    0

  • #2
    Independent.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by greg_b View Post
      Independent.
      That's a party affiliation. Take this, and click on 'political philosophy.'
      http://www.ontheissues.org/Quiz/Quiz...?quiz=Pres2016

      Comment


      • #4
        Shrug, but not a choice in your poll.

        I define it this way: a voter who votes for candidates based on how they stand on various issues rather than on the basis of a political ideology or partisanship

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by greg_b View Post
          Shrug, but not a choice in your poll.

          I define it this way: a voter who votes for candidates based on how they stand on various issues rather than on the basis of a political ideology or partisanship
          Well take the quiz and see.

          Comment


          • #6
            The quiz only told me how well I aligned with past presidents on specific issues. No help I could see in the sense you seemed to be linking to it for. But then again, I don't need any help sorting out what label to use for me. And, I disagree that as I am defining my position on politics, that I have a party affiliation.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by greg_b View Post
              The quiz only told me how well I aligned with past presidents on specific issues. No help I could see in the sense you seemed to be linking to it for. But then again, I don't need any help sorting out what label to use for me. And, I disagree that as I am defining my position on politics, that I have a party affiliation.
              On the top, click on the political philosophy option.

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks, missed that. Interesting way to show where one leans, I like that it puts you on a muli-axis graph so that you are not necessarily grouped into a category, though you could do that if you wanted, but rather are somewhere along a continuum. Of course simplifying to one overall score is not very helpful other than wanting to divide people into these political groupings, which doesn't appeal to me as a general rule. And, I already knew where I leaned, so that doesn't tell me anything new.

                What was your reason for wanting to know how people classified themselves?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by greg_b View Post
                  Thanks, missed that. Interesting way to show where one leans, I like that it puts you on a muli-axis graph so that you are not necessarily grouped into a category, though you could do that if you wanted, but rather are somewhere along a continuum. Of course simplifying to one overall score is not very helpful other than wanting to divide people into these political groupings, which doesn't appeal to me as a general rule. And, I already knew where I leaned, so that doesn't tell me anything new.

                  What was your reason for wanting to know how people classified themselves?
                  Where did you lean?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    In this political climate, I generally do not see value in classifying people this way. Rather, I think it just leads to more divisiveness.

                    Since you have not answered my question about your reason for setting up the pole, all I have to go on is what the OP stated. As it stands, I believe I have answered fully and effectively, I will leave my answer as it stands.

                    Regards

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Conservative, with libertarian leanings.
                      For fun, I took that little test you linked to, and it came out as I expected.

                      I know some will disagree, but honestly, I think the vast majority of people who consider themselves independent/moderate actually do fit into one of the two parties...they just aren't aware of it.
                      I think most of them simply lack the political awareness (most likely through lack of interest) to figure out which side they lean toward. Or maybe they think not adhering 100% to the beliefs of a particular side means that they have no side.
                      I know I have some issues I lean to the left on, cannabis legalization and abortion for example, but that doesn't mean most of my beliefs don't line up with the right.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X