Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How old were you when you learned you were circumcised?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was so confused as a child that at age 10 I thought circumcision only removed shaft skin but that every boy had a bare glans. This was all pre-internet, and lacking any access to real references on the subject, I actually thought I was uncut for a good year because I had a little more shaft skin than the handful of pictures or diagrams I had ever seen. My mother was neurotic and kind of a prude, so she was of no help if you'd ever have a question about any of this. Oy.
    Visit my restoration progress journal.

Comment

We talked about circumcision in Sex Ed as the removal of the foreskin, but weren't shown any pictures, even at age 13/14. I remember the closest thing we got were those cross-section diagrams that show the reproductive system as if a person's body were cut exactly down their middle. I imagine I'm not alone in finding those diagrams very confusing and something as subtle as the foreskin in that diagram is easy to mistake for the glans, which is what I thought was removed. I suppose I'm glad I didn't learn through Sex Ed since that would have been very embarrassing, but I'm also annoyed that they sort of expected us to figure out what circumcision was based solely on what they told us.

Comment

I was about 16 and learned from the internet. It was an awful thing to handle emotionally especially at that age. I've talked to grown adults that actually didn't know what it was.

Comment

I first heard about it when I was 9 or 10, but I did not know the details until 19.

Comment

Working...
          X