Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How old were you when you learned you were circumcised?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was so confused as a child that at age 10 I thought circumcision only removed shaft skin but that every boy had a bare glans. This was all pre-internet, and lacking any access to real references on the subject, I actually thought I was uncut for a good year because I had a little more shaft skin than the handful of pictures or diagrams I had ever seen. My mother was neurotic and kind of a prude, so she was of no help if you'd ever have a question about any of this. Oy.
    Visit my restoration progress journal.

Comment

We talked about circumcision in Sex Ed as the removal of the foreskin, but weren't shown any pictures, even at age 13/14. I remember the closest thing we got were those cross-section diagrams that show the reproductive system as if a person's body were cut exactly down their middle. I imagine I'm not alone in finding those diagrams very confusing and something as subtle as the foreskin in that diagram is easy to mistake for the glans, which is what I thought was removed. I suppose I'm glad I didn't learn through Sex Ed since that would have been very embarrassing, but I'm also annoyed that they sort of expected us to figure out what circumcision was based solely on what they told us.

Comment

I was about 16 and learned from the internet. It was an awful thing to handle emotionally especially at that age. I've talked to grown adults that actually didn't know what it was.

Comment

I first heard about it when I was 9 or 10, but I did not know the details until 19.

Comment

I was three years old when I was circumcised for medical reasons, so I've always known.
            I still remember going down to surgery, the mask being placed over my face and waking up in a hospital ward.
            Unfortunately I also remember the weeks of pain after and the traumatic experience of a doctor roughly removing the bandage gauze that had fused itself to the blood around my stitches.
            That is probably why I've always had anxiety around hospitals and doctors.

Comment

I recall asking my mom what circumcision was, maybe because someone joked about it on the playground. She said something like: "it's when they get rid of all that nasty skin." I found out only when I was 42 (15 years ago) that my dad was (and still is at 83) intact. We had plenty of nudity in our house and in locker rooms together and stuff. It just never came up. This is especially odd since I had mentioned restoring to my mom when I was 39, and she had said "Oh, your father had no end of trouble until they did his." She is clueless.

I don't recall it coming up in junior high or high school sex ed in 1974 or 1978.
              -Ron Low
              [email protected]
              847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

At about age 10. My best friend was intact. I noticed a difference. I actually made a comment to him about his being worse (not proud of that), to which he replied maybe mine was worse. that shut me up and got me thinking.

But, I never really felt like I wanted to be intact until way later, and I doubt the fact that I learned at 10 years of age really made a difference vs learning earlier or later. I just do not think the age at which you learn has a significant effect on how much you resent it. For me, I resented it when I leanred what the value of a foreskin was, and that my human rights had been violated for no good reason.

Regards

Comment

I was under 5 when I found out. Funny thing is, I used to 'play with myself' alot at that age or so it seemed. My mom would get so pissed at me saying things like "god doesn't want you to do that" or "masturbation is wrong and spilling your seed is a sin" you know the drill, but I had no choice I had to do something. It wasn't till just recently I found out the reason I was constantly rearranging myself (not playing with myself, but I did that too ) was because my poor uncovered glans was screaming at me for relief.

Comment

I'm gonna guess 10, though I don't remember exactly. Don't remember what prompted my mom to explain it to me... I just remember feeling violated and angry (and hiding it) after learning they'd cut something off me without asking. Been quietly dismayed and resentful about it ever since.

Not resentful at my parents though... resentful at american culture for teaching them that foreskin is bad for you. That was long before the internet, so how were they to know they'd been misinformed?

Comment

It was done to me at birth. Nothing about foreskin or my lack there of was ever discussed with me by my parents. I actually thought they were a bit progressive because my dad even took me to a book store when I was thirteen and purchased books about reproduction and the inevitable physical changes. Believe it or not I was more embarrassed to talk about this subject than my dad when I hit puberty. After I started restoring in earnest in my mid to late thirties, it upset me to no end. Recently I’ve been thinking a lot about how much I want to confront my parents concerning what was done without my consent. Unfortunately, they’re both now in their eighties with health issues and it doesn’t seem worth it to dredge up old wounds that they can’t do anything about. Plus, I suspect that they were just following doctor’s recommendations. Funny thing is, even though my dad is intact, he apparently has trained his own foreskin to fully retract and remain behind the corona so that it doesn’t cover his glans (as witnessed by me when he was recently hospitalized) It amazes me how easily suckered we as people can be when supposed experts have inundated the masses with incorrect information regarding ‘best practices’ for the foreskin. Even though my father and all his brothers were never circumcised, at least two of them chose to have the procedure done to their own sons, myself included. I think I became fully aware that my circumcised penis was actually NOT normal when I was around sixteen. It hadn’t bothered me all these years until I entered my fifth decade of life and realized that my penile sensitivity had pretty much vanished and sex was no longer pleasurable to me. STOP GENITAL MUTILATION of our boys! 😖
                      Tugger1

Comment

I was 22 when I found out that there were even differences in penises. When I was expecting my son, I knew of the term, but wanted to research it to figure out how it goes, etc.
                        well, when I researched it, it just completely smacked me hard in the face that this was done to me and the amount of rage and anger just grew immediately there.

I eventually found out that I was circumcised at age 4 because my mom has a disease that could be found in a skin sample and that is what they took for a sample. Of course, the sample got lost and I was never "scrapped" for other skin to see if I have the disease. But when I eventually came to my mom about this, she just said that " at least you had yours on longer than your brother did" and left it at that.

For years growing up, I always had painful erections because of so much skin taken (c-0) and it was always told to me that "it was in my head" or that "you're just growing up." Needless to say now, I feel so stupid for not knowing what the difference was for so long, I just thought everyone looked different in some form or another.

Fyi, I did not have my son done and none of these "crazy issues" have ever came to what some doctors like to push on people.

Comment

Circumcision is really primitive.
                          Last edited by ned; 01-11-2021, 09:31 AM.

Comment

I was 15. I had just started puberty and begun to get erections.. They hurt really bad, and I could barely feel anything down there when i would masturbate. (Also, the constant rubbing of the glans against underwear.. UGH!) ( It was very difficult for me to obtain an orgasm, even as a teenager!) I didn't know it was because of the circumcision at the time, but I found out at about 18 that my parents had circumcised me at birth and was told a bunch of lies such as "We were not given the choice to circumcise you looser" "That's the way God wants you to look" etc.. and the ever stupid, "it's cleaner". (yes, because a boy cannot wash his own penis properly, he must have part of it cut off. Stupid. )So i decided to see if there was anything I could do about it, And found restoringforeskindot.org and the diagrams. I was very happy to know it was at least fixable, without another revision surgery. I had a friend who was uncircumcised and he was aghast. I didn't even know there was a difference at the time til he told me. I felt very violated! I no longer blame my parents, but I am definitely not going to circumcise if i have a male child.

Comment

The first time being circumcised came to my attention was while playing "doctor" with neighbors that were brother and sister. I was 10 and they were both just a little older. We all compared the difference in mine and the neighbor, who was intact, and he knew a little about the reason why we were different. It was never traumatic for me and only now, much later in life have I decided to restore. I can't say being circumcised ever hurt my sex life at all as it has been, and still is very good. I do hope restoration will make sex even more enjoyable.

Comment

The first time circumcised came up was when I was 7 years old. It was at the YMCA showering with my dad among other men which I notice mine and my dad looks different from other men which was showering next to us. As a little boy I showered with my dad at home and throught one day I will have a big penis with hair which I didn't know unit our drive home from the YMCA a part of me was cut off. It scared the shit out of me! I told my dad if I ever have a son I will never do that! Which my dad was understanding and was their for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X