Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since I don't know where else to put this, I'll just put it here.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by erie_eunit View Post

I'm atheist, but, I agree. Hell, what he said is just basic common sense, on how to live right and love yourself and everyone else equally, no matter what (unless they do things that are actually truly wrong).
    Even if it's "truly wrong", you turn the other cheek. But that aside, the "words of Jesus Christ", as presented by the heavily censored "Bible", aka organized religion, are at odds with those who actually did understand them, not intellectually, not as a simple social guide, but spiritually, as deep first hand experience.

But this has all been discussed and argued, frequently with ropes, chains, and red hot irons, and of course death, over the centuries. Doesn't speak well for the assumed "power" of those words.

And to address the "words" guy in this thread, you either really do "understand" what those words pointed to but can never describe, or you aren't up to that and rely on "words", rather than a practice leading to a spiritual opening. Said differently, you are either still an automaton who can quote words (with your own bias as paramount), thinking that's all there is, or ... you are alive, in a practice, in this world. And it's so very simple to see which one a person is.

Comment

Originally posted by Reality View Post

Even if it's "truly wrong", you turn the other cheek.
      The only reason I put up with 90% of people that do wrong is because I have to, not because I want to, which, I don't want to.

Originally posted by Reality View Post
      But that aside, the "words of Jesus Christ", as presented by the heavily censored "Bible", aka organized religion, are at odds with those who actually did understand them, not intellectually, not as a simple social guide, but spiritually, as deep first hand experience.

But this has all been discussed and argued, frequently with ropes, chains, and red hot irons, and of course death, over the centuries. Doesn't speak well for the assumed "power" of those words.

And to address the "words" guy in this thread, you either really do "understand" what those words pointed to but can never describe, or you aren't up to that and rely on "words", rather than a practice leading to a spiritual opening. Said differently, you are either still an automaton who can quote words (with your own bias as paramount), thinking that's all there is, or ... you are alive, in a practice, in this world. And it's so very simple to see which one a person is.
      You're very much correct about this. There's so many different aspects of life, and ways to look at the world and its people, it's hard to comprehend it all. I try my best, though, to be as alive as possible, which, is very difficult in a world full of people that are, like you say, the automatons, of either religion and/or society. Standing out, and being unique gets more and more difficult every day.

Comment

Originally posted by erie_eunit View Post

The only reason I put up with 90% of people that do wrong is because I have to, not because I want to, which, I don't want to.

You're very much correct about this. There's so many different aspects of life, and ways to look at the world and its people, it's hard to comprehend it all. I try my best, though, to be as alive as possible, which, is very difficult in a world full of people that are, like you say, the automatons, of either religion and/or society. Standing out, and being unique gets more and more difficult every day.
        As part of the ceremony where one practitioner is granted a formal recognition by his teacher, that a depth of understanding has been "reached", there is a gesture of "I'm so sorry for you" lol. In other words, there is a recognition that it does get more and more difficult the deeper you go, but that isn't enough to stop anyone from continuing on, practicing, and being an alive person who helps where, and how, he can in the Great Catastrophe.

Comment

Originally posted by salamander6773 View Post
          Anyone who speaks against the words of Jesus Christ has either never read them, or understood them.
          I'd like to point out that we have a designated SAFE HAVEN forum section where discussions of matters of faith may be conducted without disrespect to the faith notions at issue. Strictly enforced. Anyone interested please see it here it: https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...her/safe-haven
          -Ron Low
          Service@TLCTugger.com
          847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Working...
          X