X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commendation, And Analysis

Commendation:

I'm breaking "radio silence" for two reasons:

1. My cohorts at work read the excremental thread (and link) started by (self-styled) Science Monk. Usually he's a source of entertainment for them. They were surprised by the intelligence of the replies, however, so they pointed to them when I arrived at my office.

But I wasn't surprised by the nascent intelligence on the part of a few here, only very pleased to see it reveal itself.Thank you sirs; thank you, eeee, mattsprofile, and greg_b. You deserve notice and commendation. Not just for recognizing the total and dangerous nonsense it represents, but more for the scope of your replies, and greg, for the wisdom to attempt to close this thread. It very much deserved to be stopped in its tracks. As I'm sure you probably guessed, it would be used for internet agendas otherwise. I'm throwing a whole ton 'a kudos at you guys for this.

2. I'm also breaking silence (for this issue only, although I expect to be banned shortly) because my professional ethics demand it. There is a larger threat here involving the public safety, and I'm supposed to address this when I encounter it. To see the basic crap in the link for the crap that it is, deserves notice. More importantly blocking any tunnel-vision attempt to attach the "us vs them" conspiracy mentality to RIC, vaccination, and autism, thereby DIVORCING TRUE INTACTIVIST ISSUES FROM THE FEAR MONGERING OF ANTI-VAC INSANITY demands I say something specific. Here's the problem.............

This thread was used as a soapbox while still closed. Depending on how you read that last post, it does harm to everyone's good acts thus far. The three issues, RIC, public vaccination, and autism, are not, cannot, be somehow compared. THEY SHOULD NEVER BE IN THE SAME SENTENCE. Now, depending on how you read it, it the last post it was. Maybe not directly, but then a direct comparison wasn't the real issue. RIC and parental input was the issue. Very, very different issues. This is dangerous; dangerous thought. Tunnel vision, based on the ignorance of the complexities of the issues, nudges against a criminal act. If you think that's hyperbole, then you don't understand what the anti-vac crowd faces when they insist on "free speech" during an outbreak of disease. Rember, anyone who does this, CAN ONLY DO IT BECAUSE THEY'VE LIVED IN THE SAFETY OF A VACCINATED PUBLIC SETTING. You don't know how bad it would become for you and your loved ones, let alone the public at large. I've seen it. This agenda, in its hate, uses the diagnosis of autism as a straw man argument, to manipulate you. Recognize that.

Now I know that the mouth-breather types don't see it this way, you don't really give a damn about much, but it's you guys I'm appealing to here. Read any post that tries to link the issues, as the poison it actually is. RIC deserves to wither and die, no argument. Public vaccination is what keeps you safe, while you work (you few) on actual intactivist issues. It has thus far and will continue to do so. BUT INTACTIVIST ISSUES, PUBLIC VACCINATION, AND THE DIAGNOSIS OF AUTISM DO NOT SOMEHOW EXIST IN THE SAME WORLD.

Originally posted by Reality View Post
    Commendation:

I'm breaking "radio silence" for two reasons:

1. My cohorts at work read the excremental thread (and link) started by (self-styled) Science Monk. Usually he's a source of entertainment for them. They were surprised by the intelligence of the replies, however, so they pointed to them when I arrived at my office.

But I wasn't surprised by the nascent intelligence on the part of a few here, only very pleased to see it reveal itself.Thank you sirs; thank you, eeee, mattsprofile, and greg_b. You deserve notice and commendation. Not just for recognizing the total and dangerous nonsense it represents, but more for the scope of your replies, and greg, for the wisdom to attempt to close this thread. It very much deserved to be stopped in its tracks. As I'm sure you probably guessed, it would be used for internet agendas otherwise. I'm throwing a whole ton 'a kudos at you guys for this.

2. I'm also breaking silence (for this issue only, although I expect to be banned shortly) because my professional ethics demand it. There is a larger threat here involving the public safety, and I'm supposed to address this when I encounter it. To see the basic crap in the link for the crap that it is, deserves notice. More importantly blocking any tunnel-vision attempt to attach the "us vs them" conspiracy mentality to RIC, vaccination, and autism, thereby DIVORCING TRUE INTACTIVIST ISSUES FROM THE FEAR MONGERING OF ANTI-VAC INSANITY demands I say something specific. Here's the problem.............

This thread was used as a soapbox while still closed. Depending on how you read that last post, it does harm to everyone's good acts thus far. The three issues, RIC, public vaccination, and autism, are not, cannot, be somehow compared. THEY SHOULD NEVER BE IN THE SAME SENTENCE. Now, depending on how you read it, it the last post it was. Maybe not directly, but then a direct comparison wasn't the real issue. RIC and parental input was the issue. Very, very different issues. This is dangerous; dangerous thought. Tunnel vision, based on the ignorance of the complexities of the issues, nudges against a criminal act. If you think that's hyperbole, then you don't understand what the anti-vac crowd faces when they insist on "free speech" during an outbreak of disease. Rember, anyone who does this, CAN ONLY DO IT BECAUSE THEY'VE LIVED IN THE SAFETY OF A VACCINATED PUBLIC SETTING. You don't know how bad it would become for you and your loved ones, let alone the public at large. I've seen it. This agenda, in its hate, uses the diagnosis of autism as a straw man argument, to manipulate you. Recognize that.

Now I know that the mouth-breather types don't see it this way, you don't really give a damn about much, but it's you guys I'm appealing to here. Read any post that tries to link the issues, as the poison it actually is. RIC deserves to wither and die, no argument. Public vaccination is what keeps you safe, while you work (you few) on actual intactivist issues. It has thus far and will continue to do so. BUT INTACTIVIST ISSUES, PUBLIC VACCINATION, AND THE DIAGNOSIS OF AUTISM DO NOT SOMEHOW EXIST IN THE SAME WORLD.
    What concerns me sometimes is that there might be a subset of these crazy medical conspiracy-theorist alternative-medicine types who could be legitimately into foreskin restoration and intactivism. The difficulty lies in calmly and rationally giving an educated answer to dispel the various bullshit found on certain websites.

Please, reread those words I've italicized. That's the reason people stopped taking you seriously long ago.

Comment

OK.........

When someone says something like "there might be (italics mine) a subset of these crazy medical conspiracy-theorist alternative-medicine types who could be (italics mine) into foreskin restoration...", as though the proof doesn't clearly stand in front of us all, in this thread and so many others, then I take that "someone's" real agenda as different from what he is saying. Either that person has a personal agenda, beginning with calling Distalero a "piece of shit" while using his language, or he has an extremely weak ability to follow his own advice. "Calm" and "rationale" by definition would address the ideas, not suppress or obscure them. Here, you didn't. You appear to go after my language or emphasis, when in actual fact you don't like my ideas. What a surprise.

Every one here has the ability to see what I brought to this forum (and yes, my language for that matter), and they see you here, in your post, and what you've just done. No argument, you are the majority here. It's not about truth, here. You "language" types focus on language only, because you can't (for whatever reason) focus on content, and you damn sure have never followed your own advice. You don't respect that advice. My language, and at times my emphasis, has never sidestepped the truth. You have, here. Much language here is phrased to do exactly that: sidestep the truth when it interferes with personal issues, a fetish, or a commercial interest.

But keep in mind, if you're able, I'm addressing you, though I have little respect for your posts. I'm giving you that level of respect, and I've given everyone that level of respect (at one time or another). Truth is, you don't recognize this respect for what it is. It's no complex. I'm assuming because it doesn't serve your personal agenda, you ignore it. You want me to "join" your little clutch. Never gonna happen, ace. It has no inherent respectability to it. I didn't expect Krag to understand this as my point about social media, because he's not that insightful, but at least he's outfront about his agenda. He has the same aggression you have, but at least he's honest about it.

I value the truth of an idea. I value the courage to call crap, crap. I valued the previous posters in the closed thread, may they continue to stand. I don't value, especially if you own the forum, sneaking a tunnel-focused, completely separate "message" (let's call it) into a closed discussion, thereby pissing on a valuable moment.

Comment

Oh, and it really should be said:

What you sat in your post is that you want style, rather than content. Read what you wrote; that's exactly what you mean. That is the the focus of social media, as you know.

Worse than that, though, is "serious" to you is style and vice versa. I'm not "serious" unless I use your style, not mine. That's also what you've said in your post. So I have to wonder, what superficial, pussy-assed world have you lived in? Content, standing and recognizing things for what they are, and saying so, all are the basis of honesty in the face of little time to do something.

Honesty, as you might know, leads to wisdom. Practice honesty often enough, even though it hurts (and it will), and it leads to being wiser; not "serious", but real. "Serious" is not synonymous with real; only social media types are stupid enough, or blinded enough to think so. This makes style, by definition, dishonest if it's the primary focus in communication. Do you realize you're being dishonest here? I wonder.

When I used the term "pussy-assed", did it repulse you? Now, I doubt that it. I just pissed you off. But it paints a picture, doesn't it, and it does for every one here. It reveals that you're either too dainty personally, or a lap-dog for chatter, not content. Your focus is on style, "nice", "calm" (which I was and you know it), and "rationale", which I've been each and every time I've posted. In fact I go after the irrational, and you know that. So I'd suggest being more honest, and more in the style you promote, but simply focusing on the ideas, not the style. See what I mean?

If you insist on style over content in my world, you would be taken for what you are: NOT SERIOUS. I wonder if you understand that. Being taken "serious" will never be the issue, especially when what's really meant is social dance which tries to offend no one. That's what we call pussy-assed. Sooner rather than later, if you're honest, you'll offend someone. And guess who that someone will be.................

Ron took away my PM ability, so thanks for this thread, heheh. It'll never be seen, but then those here who need to see it are already lost to the internet. But does that include you, too?

Comment

Working...
        X