X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commendation, And Analysis

Commendation:

I'm breaking "radio silence" for two reasons:

1. My cohorts at work read the excremental thread (and link) started by (self-styled) Science Monk. Usually he's a source of entertainment for them. They were surprised by the intelligence of the replies, however, so they pointed to them when I arrived at my office.

But I wasn't surprised by the nascent intelligence on the part of a few here, only very pleased to see it reveal itself.Thank you sirs; thank you, eeee, mattsprofile, and greg_b. You deserve notice and commendation. Not just for recognizing the total and dangerous nonsense it represents, but more for the scope of your replies, and greg, for the wisdom to attempt to close this thread. It very much deserved to be stopped in its tracks. As I'm sure you probably guessed, it would be used for internet agendas otherwise. I'm throwing a whole ton 'a kudos at you guys for this.

2. I'm also breaking silence (for this issue only, although I expect to be banned shortly) because my professional ethics demand it. There is a larger threat here involving the public safety, and I'm supposed to address this when I encounter it. To see the basic crap in the link for the crap that it is, deserves notice. More importantly blocking any tunnel-vision attempt to attach the "us vs them" conspiracy mentality to RIC, vaccination, and autism, thereby DIVORCING TRUE INTACTIVIST ISSUES FROM THE FEAR MONGERING OF ANTI-VAC INSANITY demands I say something specific. Here's the problem.............

This thread was used as a soapbox while still closed. Depending on how you read that last post, it does harm to everyone's good acts thus far. The three issues, RIC, public vaccination, and autism, are not, cannot, be somehow compared. THEY SHOULD NEVER BE IN THE SAME SENTENCE. Now, depending on how you read it, it the last post it was. Maybe not directly, but then a direct comparison wasn't the real issue. RIC and parental input was the issue. Very, very different issues. This is dangerous; dangerous thought. Tunnel vision, based on the ignorance of the complexities of the issues, nudges against a criminal act. If you think that's hyperbole, then you don't understand what the anti-vac crowd faces when they insist on "free speech" during an outbreak of disease. Rember, anyone who does this, CAN ONLY DO IT BECAUSE THEY'VE LIVED IN THE SAFETY OF A VACCINATED PUBLIC SETTING. You don't know how bad it would become for you and your loved ones, let alone the public at large. I've seen it. This agenda, in its hate, uses the diagnosis of autism as a straw man argument, to manipulate you. Recognize that.

Now I know that the mouth-breather types don't see it this way, you don't really give a damn about much, but it's you guys I'm appealing to here. Read any post that tries to link the issues, as the poison it actually is. RIC deserves to wither and die, no argument. Public vaccination is what keeps you safe, while you work (you few) on actual intactivist issues. It has thus far and will continue to do so. BUT INTACTIVIST ISSUES, PUBLIC VACCINATION, AND THE DIAGNOSIS OF AUTISM DO NOT SOMEHOW EXIST IN THE SAME WORLD.

Originally posted by Reality View Post
    Commendation:

I'm breaking "radio silence" for two reasons:

1. My cohorts at work read the excremental thread (and link) started by (self-styled) Science Monk. Usually he's a source of entertainment for them. They were surprised by the intelligence of the replies, however, so they pointed to them when I arrived at my office.

But I wasn't surprised by the nascent intelligence on the part of a few here, only very pleased to see it reveal itself.Thank you sirs; thank you, eeee, mattsprofile, and greg_b. You deserve notice and commendation. Not just for recognizing the total and dangerous nonsense it represents, but more for the scope of your replies, and greg, for the wisdom to attempt to close this thread. It very much deserved to be stopped in its tracks. As I'm sure you probably guessed, it would be used for internet agendas otherwise. I'm throwing a whole ton 'a kudos at you guys for this.

2. I'm also breaking silence (for this issue only, although I expect to be banned shortly) because my professional ethics demand it. There is a larger threat here involving the public safety, and I'm supposed to address this when I encounter it. To see the basic crap in the link for the crap that it is, deserves notice. More importantly blocking any tunnel-vision attempt to attach the "us vs them" conspiracy mentality to RIC, vaccination, and autism, thereby DIVORCING TRUE INTACTIVIST ISSUES FROM THE FEAR MONGERING OF ANTI-VAC INSANITY demands I say something specific. Here's the problem.............

This thread was used as a soapbox while still closed. Depending on how you read that last post, it does harm to everyone's good acts thus far. The three issues, RIC, public vaccination, and autism, are not, cannot, be somehow compared. THEY SHOULD NEVER BE IN THE SAME SENTENCE. Now, depending on how you read it, it the last post it was. Maybe not directly, but then a direct comparison wasn't the real issue. RIC and parental input was the issue. Very, very different issues. This is dangerous; dangerous thought. Tunnel vision, based on the ignorance of the complexities of the issues, nudges against a criminal act. If you think that's hyperbole, then you don't understand what the anti-vac crowd faces when they insist on "free speech" during an outbreak of disease. Rember, anyone who does this, CAN ONLY DO IT BECAUSE THEY'VE LIVED IN THE SAFETY OF A VACCINATED PUBLIC SETTING. You don't know how bad it would become for you and your loved ones, let alone the public at large. I've seen it. This agenda, in its hate, uses the diagnosis of autism as a straw man argument, to manipulate you. Recognize that.

Now I know that the mouth-breather types don't see it this way, you don't really give a damn about much, but it's you guys I'm appealing to here. Read any post that tries to link the issues, as the poison it actually is. RIC deserves to wither and die, no argument. Public vaccination is what keeps you safe, while you work (you few) on actual intactivist issues. It has thus far and will continue to do so. BUT INTACTIVIST ISSUES, PUBLIC VACCINATION, AND THE DIAGNOSIS OF AUTISM DO NOT SOMEHOW EXIST IN THE SAME WORLD.
    What concerns me sometimes is that there might be a subset of these crazy medical conspiracy-theorist alternative-medicine types who could be legitimately into foreskin restoration and intactivism. The difficulty lies in calmly and rationally giving an educated answer to dispel the various bullshit found on certain websites.

Please, reread those words I've italicized. That's the reason people stopped taking you seriously long ago.

Comment

Working...
    X