Vent about coronavirus panic buyers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vent about coronavirus panic buyers.

This whole coronavirus grocery panic buying epidemic is fucking insane and it's starting to seriously piss me off. Literally a self-fulfilling prophecy. People thought there would be food and toilet paper shortage, so they bought up all the food and toilet paper to the point that it caused a shortage. Fucking stupid.

But the stupidity doesn't end there! How do you avoid spreading viruses? Avoid large groups and close social contact. So how do people respond to a pandemic virus? Pack themselves tightly into grocery stores in large numbers. Stupid!

I just needed to vent about that because I work at a grocery store and the madness has driven me over the edge. I'm one loony customer away from quitting... even if I was getting paid double to manage the mob, it isn't worth it. I thought maybe after a weekend of utter insanity people would have started to calm down, but no. They're on day five of full blown frenzy mode and show no sign of letting up.

None of the efforts people are making against covid-19 are going to make a difference anyway. All the quarantining and cancelling everything might (might) delay it a couple weeks, but people can only hide out so long... eventually they'll just have to go back to normal life and the virus will run it's course all the same. A lot of people are going to die, and a lot of people are going to get seriously sick and probably suffer long-term damage, and that sucks balls, but there's not a damn thing we can do to stop it. All you can do is keep your unwashed hands out of your mucous membranes, and hope you get lucky that none of the germs drifting in the air find their way into your body.

Joining the panic buyer mob is a good way to drastically increase your chances of getting sick.

It's also a good way to bring home a case of corona and give it to all the people you're hiding out indoors with.

Okay, got that out of my system.

Yes, it is loony as all get out.

I do monthly shopping, went to get paper staples 3 weeks ago, nothing, anywhere. Fortunatly I found just enough to get me to through to the next month. Went this past w/e to the same store, no paper products of any kind. No tissues, no paper towels, nothing, plus all the meat racks were EMPTY. WTF. The meat mgr was standing there and I casually said "guess it's a good thing I don't need any hamburg". He just shook his head and said you should have been here 2 hrs ago. Looked like a tornado with as fast as stuff was disapearing.

Comment

Originally posted by s0mebody View Post
      Yes, it is loony as all get out.

I do monthly shopping, went to get paper staples 3 weeks ago, nothing, anywhere. Fortunatly I found just enough to get me to through to the next month. Went this past w/e to the same store, no paper products of any kind. No tissues, no paper towels, nothing, plus all the meat racks were EMPTY. WTF. The meat mgr was standing there and I casually said "guess it's a good thing I don't need any hamburg". He just shook his head and said you should have been here 2 hrs ago. Looked like a tornado with as fast as stuff was disapearing.
      Yup. Same story at every store where I live. Everything that could be used to wipe an ass, everything that could be used to make DIY sanitizer, all the food staples like eggs, milk, bread, etc wiped out. And even after buying out everything, there's still endless hordes of people piling into stores wanting to buy everything. How long can they possibly keep it up before they run out of storage space and/or money?

I swear, the only thing that's gonna happen in the effort to fight coronavirus is every American gains 20lbs and learns alternative methods of anal hygiene. Which may be good in the long run, because TP really isn't a great method of poop removal.

Comment

On a lighter note: Have a "Quarantini" and try this new TP, it will calm your ass down!
        Attached Files

Comment

I'm surprised there hasn't been any gun-play out there so far (there was a run on gun stores in my neck otw). Regarding the TP situation: at least the hoarders know what they're full of. And also at least: we can wipe our asses on the Trump checks supposedly being sent out.

Comment

Originally posted by parsecskin View Post
            On a lighter note: Have a "Quarantini" and try this new TP, it will calm your ass down!
            lol! I could use some of that THC TP.

Business finally slowed down a notch today, but that's just because we were clean out of everything people want. If you can use it wipe your ass, kill germs, or cook your own meals, it's gone. Flour, sugar, butter, eggs, even potatoes and onions were sold out.

Comment

Originally posted by KragDragon View Post

lol! I could use some of that THC TP.

Business finally slowed down a notch today, but that's just because we were clean out of everything people want. If you can use it wipe your ass, kill germs, or cook your own meals, it's gone. Flour, sugar, butter, eggs, even potatoes and onions were sold out.
              Yep, that's exactly what I noticed this morning at Albertson's. Plenty of beer tho. I always keep a god stock of all essentials on hand and just replace as I go. Business as usual for us. i did stock up on some extra TP tho. Nothing crazy like some of these idiots.

I have been doing quite a lot of reading on this whole deal and it appears that, although the virus IS real, the panic isNOT necessary because Trump has taken advantage of the situation to DRAIN THE SWAMP and arrest the evil ones. If you look at the infection map and the map of the over 100k sealed indictments of swamp creatures, they match IDENTICALLY! This is not a coincidence. SOMETHING is happening behind the scene. THE STORM IS HERE! "MURICA!!!

Comment

Yep, that's exactly what I noticed this morning at Albertson's. Plenty of beer tho. I always keep a god stock of all essentials on hand and just replace as I go. Business as usual for us. i did stock up on some extra TP tho. Nothing crazy like some of these idiots.

I have been doing quite a lot of reading on this whole deal and it appears that, although the virus IS real, the panic isNOT necessary because Trump has taken advantage of the situation to DRAIN THE SWAMP and arrest the evil ones. If you look at the infection map and the map of the over 100k sealed indictments of swamp creatures, they match IDENTICALLY! This is not a coincidence. SOMETHING is happening behind the scene. THE STORM IS HERE! "MURICA!!!
                Uhhh... what does politics have to do with it?
                True the panic is just making the situation worse and isn't gonna slow down the spread (people bunched up indoors with their family or bunched up in the office at work... same difference). But Trump and the swamp doesn't have anything to do with it. The media has a lot to do with it, but mostly it's just human nature. Or as I have begun to call it, simply nature. We humans are just a force of nature like all the rest and we're gonna do what we're gonna do. Scary thing shows up, people freak out and conglomerate on to whatever they've become convinced will save them. In this case, butt paper.

Guess they need all that TP because they are shitting bricks, lol.

One might notice that the main corona outbreaks are also the main democrat regions... california, NY, washington, colorado... but those are also the most heavily populated areas, so again, I don't think politics has anything to do with it.

The real culprit, which nobody is talking about, is poor impulse control. Humans impulsively rub their nose, rub their eyes, rub their mouths, and lick their fingers probably hundreds of times a day. That right there is what transports the virus into your body. Handwashing won't do you any good if you can't control the impulse to rub your nose after having touched a doorknob or phone since your last wash.

The only thing that's gonna stop the spread is if people can learn to control their own impulses. We've all see how good they are at that, so yeah... the spread ain't gonna stop.

Hopefully 40 years old is still young enough to come out in one piece if/when I get it.

Comment

Originally posted by KragDragon View Post

Uhhh... what does politics have to do with it?
                  True the panic is just making the situation worse and isn't gonna slow down the spread (people bunched up indoors with their family or bunched up in the office at work... same difference). But Trump and the swamp doesn't have anything to do with it. The media has a lot to do with it, but mostly it's just human nature. Or as I have begun to call it, simply nature. We humans are just a force of nature like all the rest and we're gonna do what we're gonna do. Scary thing shows up, people freak out and conglomerate on to whatever they've become convinced will save them. In this case, butt paper.

Guess they need all that TP because they are shitting bricks, lol.

One might notice that the main corona outbreaks are also the main democrat regions... california, NY, washington, colorado... but those are also the most heavily populated areas, so again, I don't think politics has anything to do with it.

The real culprit, which nobody is talking about, is poor impulse control. Humans impulsively rub their nose, rub their eyes, rub their mouths, and lick their fingers probably hundreds of times a day. That right there is what transports the virus into your body. Handwashing won't do you any good if you can't control the impulse to rub your nose after having touched a doorknob or phone since your last wash.

The only thing that's gonna stop the spread is if people can learn to control their own impulses. We've all see how good they are at that, so yeah... the spread ain't gonna stop.

Hopefully 40 years old is still young enough to come out in one piece if/when I get it.
                  Watch this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zwwm4pmh_c

Comment

Ugh, no. Just no.

Comment

In difficult times, the hater types crawl out.

Comment

Qanon? Please man. I guess you also think 45 is gonna arrest oprah. Geeze. Qanon also swears bleach drinking cures the infected person.........

Comment

Everyone should keep their eyes open, watch who is actually hoarding, and watch the people around you in the supermarket. I've seen some truly ignorant and potentially harmful behavior out there. I saw a woman put her debit card in her mouth and carry it around the store that way, and then jam it into they reader slot. Voila, instant transfer of any microbe she carries, onto your card when you slide it in. I see troglodites try on reading glasses, and because they thought it was funny, actually lick them. Assholes. I know some of them were the same hoarders making a run on toilet paper because I shop in that store often, and I recognize them. To be safe and prudent you have to open your eyes, and expect all kinds of assholery because its going on out there. When I was in line I had some idiot stand right behind me breathing down my neck. This would piss me off in the best of times, but especially during a pandemic. The human species is dirty and failed.

Comment

Originally posted by Reality View Post
                            Everyone should keep their eyes open, watch who is actually hoarding, and watch the people around you in the supermarket. I've seen some truly ignorant and potentially harmful behavior out there. I saw a woman put her debit card in her mouth and carry it around the store that way, and then jam it into they reader slot. Voila, instant transfer of any microbe she carries, onto your card when you slide it in. I see troglodites try on reading glasses, and because they thought it was funny, actually lick them. Assholes. I know some of them were the same hoarders making a run on toilet paper because I shop in that store often, and I recognize them. To be safe and prudent you have to open your eyes, and expect all kinds of assholery because its going on out there. When I was in line I had some idiot stand right behind me breathing down my neck. This would piss me off in the best of times, but especially during a pandemic. The human species is dirty and failed.
                            Yup.
                            Fortunately the store I work at is more classy (a.k.a. too expensive for the lowlifes), so most people are relatively well behaved. Not well behaved enough to resist hoarding toilet paper into extinction though. 8 days now and every toilet paper isle in the city is still barren.

Even the well behaved people are failing the germ war though... dutifully use hand sanitizer, touch their germ infested phone/credit card/doorknob/whatever, then reflexively rub their nose, transporting those germs right in.

People should be wearing face covers, not to keep airborne germs out, but to keep their own hands out of their orifices.

Comment

Originally posted by georgewhittington
                              Retail workers are already talking about the abuse they have to endure at work, but it looks like the situation isn't getting any better. The worldwide spread of the novel coronavirus is leading to some curious side effects: Store shelves are being stripped bare.
                              I think it would be really wise to give every grocery worker still on the job a whopper of a pay bonus. Because if a job becomes 3 times as hard and carries a high risk of contracting a disease, and the pay doesn't rise accordingly, it should be pretty obvious what's gonna happen. There will be a massive food shortage just because all the grocery workers said "fuck this" and then there's nobody to stock your shelves or man your cash registers.

Comment

Working...
                              X