Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reality
    Kindergartner
    • Nov 2016

Its the night shift who stock my local stores (I asked) and they should get paid more anyhow (in my opinion). Working nights affects your immune system to begin with, not a desirable effect lately. I try to treat them nicely (yes, Reality can be nice), and ask then if they've broken down and cried yet (). One of them said to me" we'll catch up", so just to tell him a bad joke, I said " ironically there's no ketchup", and his female co-worker got a stricken look on her face and said "We're out"???! So..........grocery store worker PTSD. As a fellow sufferer of PTSD I felt really guilty lol..

Comment

• KragDragon
      • Nov 2017

They should really just divert all the displaced restaurant workers to grocery stores. Since nobody can eat out anymore, all those people are going to grocery stores to get food... that means the grocery workers are doing double duty and the restaurant workers are out of a job going broke. So... temporarily send all those restaurant workers to grocery stores, so they can take the strain off the existing workers and make some survival money.

Dunno if it's possible, but setting up a grocery delivery system would be ideal. The fact that everyone has to go into crowded grocery stores in order to eat almost defeats the purpose of all these social distancing efforts.

Comment

• z726
        Administrator
        • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Reality
        I'm surprised there hasn't been any gun-play out there so far (there was a run on gun stores in my neck otw). Regarding the TP situation: at least the hoarders know what they're full of. And also at least: we can wipe our asses on the Trump checks supposedly being sent out.
        With the mobile banking apps these days, you can take a photo of your check instead of physically depositing it. Once the funds are in your account, you can destroy the check however you want.

Just don't flush 'em, because they could easily clog the sewer pipes.

Comment

• Reality
          Kindergartner
          • Nov 2016

And because of the irony: have you 'exponential growth" guys noticed? COVID-19 virus cases have grown exponentially (ask any epidemiologist). True exponential growth is an aberrant threat in Nature, most especially in skin expansion.

Comment

• Reality
            Kindergartner
            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by z726

With the mobile banking apps these days, you can take a photo of your check instead of physically depositing it. Once the funds are in your account, you can destroy the check however you want.

Just don't flush 'em, because they could easily clog the sewer pipes.
            Yeah, I was aware of that. My financial group does all that for me. So, I don't have to "sterile" wipe my phone after a transaction.

Comment

• Mitchell7
              • Feb 2016

Get a toto toilet if you can afford one. They give you heated seats, a full rinse cycle with sanitized water and an air dryer.

Comment

• Science Monk
                • Oct 2015

Originally posted by KragDragon
                I just needed to vent about that because I work at a grocery store and the madness has driven me over the edge. I'm one loony customer away from quitting... even if I was getting paid double to manage the mob, it isn't worth it. I thought maybe after a weekend of utter insanity people would have started to calm down, but no. They're on day five of full blown frenzy mode and show no sign of letting up.
                I'm going to thank you for the rant, KragDragon. Well said.

I once worked retail myself. I learned to remember an important policy. The customer is always right! It's so much EASIER after you realize that. The customer is always right! No doubt about it. You just let everything the customer heaves at you deflect right off of you just like water rolls off of duck's back.

Knowing that saves your sanity.

David
                World As Monkey Island
                Last edited by Science Monk; 03-23-2020, 09:23 AM. Reason: English usage
                I declared myself finished restoring with 3/4 erect coverage (CI-8.5) in 2005. I primarily used T-tape, strapping up and around my waist.
                I've participated in NORM meetings in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle (RECAP), and Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Every doubt, reservation, or concern I had about my restoration was resolved by achieving additional foreskin LENGTH.....So just KOT !

Comment

• KragDragon
                  • Nov 2017

I've become impervious to crazy/bitchy/mean customers... it's just when there's 10x as many of them all buying a month's worth of food at a time, I can't handle it.

And yeah, those Toto toilets look nice. Like a Cadillac for your ass. :-P

Comment

• KragDragon
                    • Nov 2017

And because of the irony: have you 'exponential growth" guys noticed? COVID-19 virus cases have grown exponentially (ask any epidemiologist). True exponential growth is an aberrant threat in Nature, most especially in skin expansion.
                    "Exponential" is the wrong word for what I was trying to explain in that debate. "Proportional" would be more accurate. It's nothing like the spread of a virus. Viruses spread like a wildfire. Skin growth increases like a manufacturing plant hiring more employees.

Manufacturing plant: Hire 10% more people, produce 10% more product.

Virus: Person A infects person B. Person B infects person C whilst person A infects person D. People ABCD infect EFGH. ABCDEFGH infect IJKLMNOP. ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP infect QRSTUVWXYZ123456, and so on. That's what exponential growth looks like, which isn't anything like skin growth. If skin grew exponentially you'd have your foreskin dragging on the floor in a week.

So yeah, forget that 'exponential growth" thread, and let's debate the addition of new cells to the penis being proportional to the amount of cells being tensioned. I figure if you increase the amount of cells on your penis by 10%, and you apply tension to those new ones along with the original ones, the amount of new cells being added to your penis should be 10% higher.

...which will be undetectable to the eye because we're talking about the difference between gaining 1.0mm a month, and 1.1mm a month... increased gradually over the course of years. Increased, yes, but you'll never notice it happening because it's so small and gradual.

That's the concept I was attempting to explain in the infamous thread but apparently not doing a good job of it.

In hindsight, I think my use of the word "rate" was grammatically incorrect and was confusing people. The cell division rate remains the same... there's just increasingly more cells at work and thus more "product" being made proportional to the increase.

Perhaps we should start a new thread on the subject, since it's interesting and the previous one got messed up by exponential frustration, lol.

Comment

• Reality
                      Kindergartner
                      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by KragDragon

"Exponential" is the wrong word for what I was trying to explain in that debate. "Proportional" would be more accurate. It's nothing like the spread of a virus. Viruses spread like a wildfire. Skin growth increases like a manufacturing plant hiring more employees.

Manufacturing plant: Hire 10% more people, produce 10% more product.

Virus: Person A infects person B. Person B infects person C whilst person A infects person D. People ABCD infect EFGH. ABCDEFGH infect IJKLMNOP. ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP infect QRSTUVWXYZ123456, and so on. That's what exponential growth looks like, which isn't anything like skin growth. If skin grew exponentially you'd have your foreskin dragging on the floor in a week.

So yeah, forget that 'exponential growth" thread, and let's debate the addition of new cells to the penis being proportional to the amount of cells being tensioned. I figure if you increase the amount of cells on your penis by 10%, and you apply tension to those new ones along with the original ones, the amount of new cells being added to your penis should be 10% higher.

...which will be undetectable to the eye because we're talking about the difference between gaining 1.0mm a month, and 1.1mm a month... increased gradually over the course of years. Increased, yes, but you'll never notice it happening because it's so small and gradual.

That's the concept I was attempting to explain in the infamous thread but apparently not doing a good job of it.

In hindsight, I think my use of the word "rate" was grammatically incorrect and was confusing people. The cell division rate remains the same... there's just increasingly more cells at work and thus more "product" being made proportional to the increase.

Perhaps we should start a new thread on the subject, since it's interesting and the previous one got messed up by exponential frustration, lol.
                      https://www.nature.com/scitable/defi...l-division-47/ Go down to the "telophase" entry; not All cells are in telophase, so if only a certain percentage are, then THEY can divide, assuming the tissue they make up was deformed enough by tension. This is why your theory (10% more equals 10% ready to divide, which is false) is only a theory and not a reality. We all know it goes slowly; this is one basic reason why it goes so slowly.

Comment

• KragDragon
                        • Nov 2017

https://www.nature.com/scitable/defi...l-division-47/ Go down to the "telophase" entry; not All cells are in telophase, so if only a certain percentage are, then THEY can divide, assuming the tissue they make up was deformed enough by tension. This is why your theory (10% more equals 10% ready to divide, which is false) is only a theory and not a reality. We all know it goes slowly; this is one basic reason why it goes so slowly.
                        That link doesn't provide any evidence against my theory. In fact it's evidence in favor of my theory... I'm starting to wonder if you just read my post too fast and didn't understand it.

-Like you said, only a certain percentage of cells are in telophase at any given time.
                        -Like I said, as you restore, you are adding additional cells to your dick.
                        -Eventually you will add, for example, 10% more skin (which is comprised of cells, obviously) to your dick.
                        -I don't know the percentage of cells in telophase at any given time, so let's just pretend it's 1%.

We need to invent more numbers for the illustration here, so let's pretend you started with 1000 cells on your cock (yes, I know there's millions... this is an illustration).

1% of those 1000 cells is capable of being triggered by tugging... 10.

Years of tugging later, you have gained 10% more skin on your dick... 10% more cells in play.

1000 + 10% = 1100

1% of those 1100 cells is capable of being triggered by tugging... 11.

So, as you just helped me demonstrate, you now have access to *slightly* faster growth (assuming you tug every bit of skin you have to work with). Proportionally faster. It's not gonna blow anyone's mind or even be noticeable due to the long span of time involved, but it's there.

Make sense now? :-)

Comment

• scilover
                          Banned
                          • Jul 2020

The real deal is to make sure all of you are clean and healthy. This COVID thing wasn't a joke. :')

Comment

Working...