Odinism

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odinism

Today I found out that there is still a group of people who worship Odin- its called Odinism or Asatru.
    ​​​​​​I had a small discussion with one of them and researched it a bit, and everything seems to check out.

So now I'm an odinist- why you may ask? Because Odin never drowned billions of women, children, and Men, or ordered desert savages to mutilate their children's genitals, or any of that crap.
    Odin seems like a cool dude, unlike the savage desert god of the Abrahamic religions.
    Now I know a lot of you are going to be like 'but the market, aren't you an atheist? You don't think there is any proof of God or gods,' and you're right, but George Carlin worshiped the sun and prayed to Joe Pesci, and he was an atheist.

Its all just the same as the four leaved clover, horseshoe, rabbits foot, and that voodoo lady who predicts your future by squeezing a goats testicles- so pick your superstation, make a wish, and enjoy yourself.
    Last edited by The Market Libertarian; 11-27-2017, 12:32 PM.

Sure you don't mean "Onanism"? Lol.

Comment

Enjoy yourself, but take your medication first. Always, take your medication first.

Comment

Originally posted by Reality View Post
        Enjoy yourself, but take your medication first. Always, take your medication first.
        If I take my meds first, I'm so high I can't get it up! Moot point. Lol.

Comment

Son of Odin

The god of war rode forth one day upon his handsome filly
          "I'm Thor" he cried, and his horse replied,
          "You forgot your thaddle, thilly!"
          Tormod

Looking for a restorer who has a background in human skin cell biology. I'm interested in developing a mathematical model of the restoration process. Personal message me.

Comment

I guess it really doesn't matter which god you choose, they are all creations of man's imagination anyway. Used as a substitute for trying to understand the world around us until we starting working it out for ourselves.
            "The Market.." a god never did those things, people did them. They just happened to invoke the believe system of the people in some sort of deity to give legitimacy to their actions or position. e.g. my army won the battle, it won by divine intervention, therefore god wanted me to win and therefore rule as your King. No god, then no right to rule or justifications for the actions that were taken. History is full of this stuff.

I heard somewhere that there are currently about 2,000 gods for people to choose from. I think Zeus would be cool, anybody who created Wonder Woman (according to the holy comic book text) can't be too bad.

Anyway, if I was to choose a religion I think I would choose Buddhism, they are atheist but try to embody the best of humanity. Never insist that you accept their doctrine and only ask that you try to seek understanding for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post

Anyway, if I was to choose a religion I think I would choose Buddhism, they are atheist but try to embody the best of humanity. Never insist that you accept their doctrine and only ask that you try to seek understanding for yourself.
              Here, here.

Comment

How about www.dudeism.com then? Big fan of the dude, but didn’t feel like become a dudeism priest
                My best advice to anyone is to KOT!

Restarted restoring after a long break of about 12 years. Switched from multiple O-rings 2 the TLC-X tugger, and happy with the initial progress... https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...s-report-tlc-x

Comment

Working...
                X