Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017-09-09 Saturday - MICHIGAN March for Integrity - Annual street protest at Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017-09-09 Saturday - MICHIGAN March for Integrity - Annual street protest at Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak

NOCRC’s 6th Michigan March for Integrity — the annual street protest in front of William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak — will be Saturday, September 9, 2017, 11:30 am until 3:00pm.

Royal Oak is a northern suburb of Detroit.

If you are in Michigan, and you have always intended to participate in an intactivist event, DO THIS ONE! It’s an easy way to introduce yourself to public activism, and to commune with other like-minded intactivists.

All you have to do is register (organizers need an approximate head count) and show up. Picket signs and banners are provided. When you register, you will be sent an information package by email that shows where parking is located, and a list of rules protestors we must follow in order to keep our protest street legal (like never block a driveway entrance to the hospital, and stay on the public sidewalk or public grassy area between the sidewalk and the street).

If possible, please wear red, or other high-visibility colors (orange, yellow, white).

To register and receive your email info packet, please contact Norm Cohen, Director of NOCIRC of Michigan, using the email address at the bottom of this web page:

http://nocircofmi.org

Even if you can only stay for only 30 minutes, it will be time well spent. Numbers count when people see our picket line. This is a family-friendly event, so bring the kids along.
    I declared myself finished restoring with 3/4 erect coverage (CI-8.5) in 2005. I primarily used T-tape, strapping up and around my waist.
    I've participated in NORM meetings in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle (RECAP), and Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Every doubt, reservation, or concern I had about my restoration was resolved by achieving additional foreskin LENGTH.....So just KOT !

What we usually do is assemble at Memorial Park beginning 11:30 a.m. At noon, we begin to picket all away across the front of Beaumont Hospital. This is the first March for Integrity. This takes 30 to 45 minutes.

After that, those who are challenged by all that walking (because of age or infirmity, or because they are carrying too many kids!) begin to drop out. Many elect to stay, but take positions seated on the public grassy areas near the street and hold signs to be read by passing cars.

The hardy continue to picket for the entire length of the event.

The event ends at 3 p.m.

Some of the kids make great ambassadors for the cause. People in cars stopped at the stoplight will almost always roll down there car window to accept the intactivist literature being handed out by a kid. The presence of kids let passers-by know that this is a peaceful family-oriented protest.

Last edited by Science Monk; 09-10-2017, 02:20 AM.
    I declared myself finished restoring with 3/4 erect coverage (CI-8.5) in 2005. I primarily used T-tape, strapping up and around my waist.
    I've participated in NORM meetings in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle (RECAP), and Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Every doubt, reservation, or concern I had about my restoration was resolved by achieving additional foreskin LENGTH.....So just KOT !

Comment

Participating in intactivist events is therapeutic.

Communing with other intactivists helps give you your mental balance back.

Comment

Event is Saturday, September 9, 2017.

We assemble at Memorial Park in the northeast corner of Woodward Ave and 13 Mile Road at 11:30 a.m.
        The first march begins at noon on the long sidewalk in front of the William Beaumont Hospital campus.
        Wearing red or other brightly colored clothing (including white) helps increase our visibility.
        If you have a Bloodstained Men suit, wear it!

I can't wait to see my intactivist friends - some of whom come from as far away as Grand Rapids, Mt. Pleasant, and Port Huron!

Comment

Event is over.....but this was the first time we got television news coverage!!!

A news crew from WJBK-TV Fox News, Channel 2 in Detroit came to cover our protest as a story, and they gave us a 30-second video bite slot. They said the story would play repeatedly on the weekend beginning with the 5 p.m. news on Saturday.

https://www.facebook.com/NOCIRCofMI/...9602160812845/
          Last edited by Science Monk; 09-19-2017, 11:39 PM.

Comment

This year was different than other years that I participated in this annual street protest.

We got many more positive car horn toots, and many more thumbs up from people in the passing cars at the busy intersection of Woodward Ave. (Detroit's main street) and 13 Mile Road (where Beaumont Hospital is) than in previous years. In the three hours I was there, I never got heckled or sneered at. Perhaps attitudes are changing.

Perhaps the news coverage of the recent FGM case in Detroit, where a female muslim physician from India, who worked at the Henry Ford Health System, was charged with performing female circumcisions, has raised consciousness on the genital mutilation issue in Detroit. (That physician has been put on administrative leave by the Henry Ford Health System, and a trial is pending. The case has kept on ballooning, with more individuals found to be involved, and being charged. The number of girls mutilated may be more than 100. The judge refused to release the physician on bond because she is considered a flight risk.)

To end on a lighter note:
            One of our protesters said a young woman rolled down her car window and said to him:
            "I want to tell you something': My husband is uncircumcised, and I REALLY like his dick!"

Comment

A news crew from WJBK-TV Fox News, Channel 2 in Detroit came to cover our protest as a story, and they gave us a 30-second video bite slot.

See the TV news coverage here:
              https://www.facebook.com/NOCIRCofMI/...9602160812845/

Comment

Working...
              X