Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019-07-18 to 2019-07-21 MICHIGAN Ann Arbor Art Fair NOCIRC Booth

2019-07-18 to 2019-07-21 MICHIGAN Ann Arbor Art Fair NOCIRC Booth

NOCIRC of Michigan is hosting a booth at the Ann Arbor Art Fair 2019.

The four-day event runs Thursday, July 18, 2019 until Sunday, July 21, 2019.

Volunteer hours are:
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 • 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
    Friday, July 19, 2019 • 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
    Saturday, July 20, 2019 • 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
    Sunday, July 21, 2019 • 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.

We are on E. Liberty Street in the “political action” corridor between the Main Street and State Street Fairs.

We get a lot of exposure from this event. The Ann Arbor Art Fair is attended by an estimated 500,000 people each year, and we are situated so that a large proportion of them pass by our booth and see our banner.

If you plan to attend the Fair, please stop by and give the NOCIRC booth staffers a thumbs up!

If you can volunteer to help staff the booth, we can STILL use more people. We are STILL recruiting when the Fair is in progress. The schedule of volunteers usually gets juggled right up until the last day of the Fair. If you have no experience, you will be paired with someone who does.

It takes a lot of people to staff the booth for the entire 4-day course of the event. We have some people working excessively long shifts. If you can donate just 2 hours of your time, it gives them a break and time to see the Fair. The more the merrier. To volunteer, please contact Norm Cohen, Director of NOCIRC of Michigan, using the email address at the bottom of the NOCIRC of Michigan web page:
    http://nocircofmi.org

Come see what it is like to work with people who do not cut others!

David
    World As Monkey Island
    I declared myself finished restoring with 3/4 erect coverage (CI-8.5) in 2005. I primarily used T-tape, strapping up and around my waist.
    I've participated in NORM meetings in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle (RECAP), and Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Every doubt, reservation, or concern I had about my restoration was resolved by achieving additional foreskin LENGTH.....So just KOT !

Volunteer hours are:
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 • 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
    Friday, July 19, 2019 • 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
    Saturday, July 20, 2019 • 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
    Sunday, July 21, 2019 • 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.

I hope it's a raging success. I'd love to see more representation and participation at events like this. At some events we find the folks there are itching to do something good and eager to learn about any opportunity to help.
    -Ron Low
    [email protected]
    847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

What to bring to the Ann Arbor Art Fair when you volunteer to help staff the NOCIRC booth:
      1) As much drinking water as you can carry. Street vendors sell water, but it is more economical to bring your own. There are some places where you can refill your water bottles with municipal water. I find the Ann Arbor city water harsh on my delicate innards, but most people are okay with it.
      2) Healthy snacks. Street vendors sell foods, but at a price. The cheaper street foods are often full of MSG and other nasty food additives.
      3) Paper towels. Economy paper towels work as well as the better brands. We always run out of paper towels, especially if it rains, and the convenience stores within walking distance always run out.
      3) Medications you may need. Antihistamines and asthma medications are most often forgotten.
      4) Rain gear. A compact umbrella, or an economy raincoat comes in handy. Plastic bags to keep your belongings in so they don't get wet. During downpours, the streets sometimes flood. One year, I was glad that I brought a pair of beach flip-flops to slip into when it rained to preserve my best pair of expensive walking shoes.
      5) Sunglasses

David
      World As Monkey Island
      I declared myself finished restoring with 3/4 erect coverage (CI-8.5) in 2005. I primarily used T-tape, strapping up and around my waist.
      I've participated in NORM meetings in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle (RECAP), and Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Every doubt, reservation, or concern I had about my restoration was resolved by achieving additional foreskin LENGTH.....So just KOT !

Comment

Parking at the Ann Arbor Art Fair 2019
        https://www.annarbor.org/events/ann-...-the-art-fair/

Comment

Parking at the Ann Arbor Art Fair 2019
          https://www.annarbor.org/events/ann-...-the-art-fair/
          (The Science Monk loves the "cheap seats" at summer events. I usually find free on-street parking in the neighborhoods, but I have to walk 1/2 mile or more to the Fair.)

Map of the Ann Arbor Art Fair
          http://www.artfair.org/userfiles/ima.../artAllMap.pdf
          We are in the area marked in dark blue on E. Liberty St. on the map.

General info on the 2019 Art Fair (which is actually 4 independently administrated art fairs in close proximity to each other):
          https://www.theannarborartfair.com/#2019artfair

The Science Monk has, on occasion, purchased art at the Fair. When I do, I flaunt it as I walk through the streets for 1/2 mile or more back to my car.

Comment

I like the photo spread of the Fair on this site:
            http://www.artfair.org

Parking structures lower their rates for the Fair during the evening. Temperatures also cool during the evening hours. This year's Fair has been sunny and hot, punctuated by passing thunderheads that drop rain. I like how booths close up during a rainstorm and immediately open back up when the rain suddenly stops. Remember your rain gear.

I also like the evening hours of the Fair, because more bands strike up their street tunes. The atmosphere becomes more festive. It's light outside right up until the Fair closes at 9 p.m.

Comment

Working...
            X