Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-05-13 Grand Rapids Circumcision Case - Protest Thursday morning at DeVos Children's Hospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021-05-13 Grand Rapids Circumcision Case - Protest Thursday morning at DeVos Children's Hospital

It's like Deja Vu from the Chase / Hironimus case. A healthy normal 2.5 year-old is to be circumcised out of spite by his absent father. Protest Thursday morning at DeVos Children's Hospital in Grand Rapids Michigan https://facebook.com/events/761087917890742/
    -Ron Low
    [email protected]
    847 414-1692 Chicago

A Go Fund Me page has been established in Emilee's behalf to give her the funds to fight the forced circumcision of her son.

https://gofund.me/fb1ebb34

David
    World As Monkey Island
    I declared myself finished restoring with 3/4 erect coverage (CI-8.5) in 2005. I primarily used T-tape, strapping up and around my waist.
    I've participated in NORM meetings in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle (RECAP), and Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Every doubt, reservation, or concern I had about my restoration was resolved by achieving additional foreskin LENGTH.....So just KOT !

Comment

There is a petition intactivists can sign in support of Emilee's son's right to a whole body. Spectrum Health is the umbrella health care organization in western Michigan that Helen DeVos Children's Hospital in Grand Rapids is a subsidiary of.

https://www.change.org/p/emilee-avin..._position=&pt=

Note added: The petition has successfully reached it's initial goal of 1,500 signatures in the first day.! Hurray! A new goal of 2,500 signatures has been set! Keep on signing!
      Last edited by Science Monk; 05-12-2021, 09:10 PM.
      I declared myself finished restoring with 3/4 erect coverage (CI-8.5) in 2005. I primarily used T-tape, strapping up and around my waist.
      I've participated in NORM meetings in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle (RECAP), and Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Every doubt, reservation, or concern I had about my restoration was resolved by achieving additional foreskin LENGTH.....So just KOT !

Comment

The Amicus Curiae Brief submitted on behalf of NOCIRC and young Matthew Price to the Court in the 2001 case of Price vs. Price is posted here:
        http://www.nocirc.org/legal/brief.php

I find the following passages to be especially compelling:

"In this case, the Court has the duty to exercise its parens patriae authority to protect Matthew from unnecessary bodily, emotional and sexual harm. Before the Court can properly order a circumcision, the Court must have clear and convincing evidence that:
        1. Matthew has a condition that requires treatment immediately.
        2. If condition is present, there is no conservative less-invasive treatment that will suffice.
        3. There is an urgent compelling medical need that can be treated only by circumcision.
        4. Matthew will never be competent to make the decision for himself."

The case of Price vs. Price was eventually settled in favor of Mathew's intactness out of court. It, thus, did not become a part of U.S. case law. The following passage from another case that did go to court is cited:
        "Generally the removal of healthy tissue from an incompetent person is not permissible.136 The Louisiana Supreme Court set a high standard for its state in the case of In Re Richardson:.
        "I am of the opinion that before the court might exercise its awesome authority in such an instance and before it considers the best interest of the child, certain requirements must be met. I am of the opinion that it must be clearly established that the surgical intrusion is urgent, that there are no reasonable alternatives, and that the contingencies are minimal."136"
        Last edited by Science Monk; 05-12-2021, 10:18 PM. Reason: typos and English usage

Comment

Working...
        X