Iceland to ban Male Genital Mutilation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iceland to ban Male Genital Mutilation

A bill has been proposed to the Icelandic Parliament which would ban Male Genital Mutilation and has the support of every major party:
    https://www.theguardian.com/society/...opean-country?

Nice! Thanks for sharing. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Regards

Comment

I saw this too. It's about time! Now if this can get some traction here in the US maybe we can get somewhere. I see the usual religious zealots are protesting this though.

Comment

Yes we are! The cat is out of the bag and peoplenare pissed.

Comment

This is a historical event- first country in history to ban male infant genital mutilation, is it not?. Does anyone think this will be looked back upon as a turning point that led to many more legal bans and/or an overall shift in societal opinion against MGM?

Comment

Originally posted by LostHisTail View Post
            This is a historical event- first country in history to ban male infant genital mutilation, is it not?. Does anyone think this will be looked back upon as a turning point that led to many more legal bans and/or an overall shift in societal opinion against MGM?
            Yes. I think it will be a turning point. I've seen this headline plastered all over the main stream media (they finally got something that's NOT fake news) and people read this stuff. This couldn't be better national advertising for intactivism. The tide IS turning.

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
              X