Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need tips to tell family about my intactivist views..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need tips to tell family about my intactivist views..

    (deleted)
    Last edited by Rockshe9; 06-30-2018, 10:11 AM.

  • #2
    People tend to get defensive when you present something to them, regardless of the validity of the points. However, if they stumble across it out of their own curiosity, then they may get a better understanding. I like the idea of being "accidentally" caught restoring, but don't know how you'd do that. You can also maybe get away with a simple "like" on a TLC tugger page or such. But, as for when they ask you about it, I'd keep it minimal and certainly wouldn't mention your brother's decision to circumcise or not. They'll be able to connect the dots on their own.

    But, that's just my opinion on the matter.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Rockshe9 View Post
      Ergh, I was planning to tell my parents about my intactivist views and my foreskin restoration after we moved but I think I should get around to it by feb. Since my brother and sister in law are expecting another child we dont know if it is male or female. Nor do I know if they cut there first son or not in 2012 or so since they lived half way across the US in the south so I bet they did sadly... Which just makes me sick to the stomach thinking he went threw that :/

      I plan to tell them within jan, either by 'accidently" getting caught restoring or just by using facebook to share my views because my mother is addicted to it especially since she uses it to pretty much "run" her on business.. I would tell them right away but never had a close relationship with anyone in my family the opposite in fact not even close with my twin... good game life giving me a family that is a complete biased family haha.

      Anyways I need tips or storys on how others told their familys. Because you know my Mother most likely wouldnt understand and has anger issues, my dad is horrable biased, My brothers except the one that is expecting a child is uhmm yeah.... anger issues or always not taking people seriously or siding with the biased view of my dad... And the sister in law is from the south which may or my not complicate things with her view on circumcision which I dont really know what her view is...

      the only person I see not getting horrable angry is my sister but Dont know.. {BTW sorry about my rant haha. but kinda had to tell my situation to figure out how to tell them.}
      I'd start with Mom since she's on Facebook. If these folks are the angry loudmouths you describe, they don't want to hear from you and they'll just shout down anything you say. The way in is by getting them to listen to actual experts.

      Share this fun Adam Ruins Circumcision video:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCSWbTv3hng in your feed for her to see.

      Then maybe the next day this one Penn & Teller - Circumcision is Bullshit:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuJwwrsLwg0

      I like this one since I'm in it - Howard Stern Interviews Foreskin Restorer.
      https://vimeo.com/112981379

      BBC Three did an hour-long persuasive comedic documentary - Mischief:
      https://vimeo.com/9031078

      These are all fun and palatable.

      For something drier and more scholarly - Functions of the Foreskin:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_dzeDvx2QA

      Elephant in the Hospital:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ceht-3xu84I

      When they throw bullshit at you that you can't immediately refute, don't fake it. Say "I don't think that's right. Let's look it up and talk about that one tomorrow. Then get the answer from the forum or from http://Circumstitions.com

      To me it is pointless to discuss pros and cons of circumcision. There is a huge pile of bullshit research that has slipped past the academic community because they wear the blinders of tradition. Someone could site all that until you're worn down refuting it with valid studies and reports. IT COMES DOWN TO THIS: Even if only the pro-circ literature existed, there is nothing that infant circumcision supposedly does that warrants making the decision for a child before he can express his own rational choice. All of circumcision's supposed benefits can be realized through less invasive measures, or can be deferred until the penis owner can decide.

      Hundreds of thousands of men are enduring the tedious process of foreskin restoration to undo some of the sexual damage of circumcision. Circumcising in infancy has especially haphazard outcomes. Foreskin feels REALLY good.
      -Ron Low
      Service@TLCTugger.com
      847 414-1692 Chicago

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Rockshe9 View Post
        Ergh, I was planning to tell my parents about my intactivist views and my foreskin restoration after we moved but I think I should get around to it by feb. Since my brother and sister in law are expecting another child we dont know if it is male or female. Nor do I know if they cut there first son or not in 2012 or so since they lived half way across the US in the south so I bet they did sadly... Which just makes me sick to the stomach thinking he went threw that :/

        I plan to tell them within jan, either by 'accidently" getting caught restoring or just by using facebook to share my views because my mother is addicted to it especially since she uses it to pretty much "run" her on business.. I would tell them right away but never had a close relationship with anyone in my family the opposite in fact not even close with my twin... good game life giving me a family that is a complete biased family haha.

        Anyways I need tips or storys on how others told their familys. Because you know my Mother most likely wouldnt understand and has anger issues, my dad is horrable biased, My brothers except the one that is expecting a child is uhmm yeah.... anger issues or always not taking people seriously or siding with the biased view of my dad... And the sister in law is from the south which may or my not complicate things with her view on circumcision which I dont really know what her view is...

        the only person I see not getting horrable angry is my sister but Dont know.. {BTW sorry about my rant haha. but kinda had to tell my situation to figure out how to tell them.}
        You know how I brought this up with my mom? I learned my supporting facts and arguments and when it came up I was completely unapologetic. My mom didn't like it, but I honestly didn't give a shit- she tried bulldozing me and making stuff up, but I didn't concede until I didn't want to talk about it anymore.

        I learned that that was a mistake as it was taken as a weakness in my stance, so I am no longer doing that. Instead, if it comes up, I am being unapologetic and if she doesn't like it, oh fucking well.

        However, it us important to base your opposition on a few very strong arguments. Thus far, I believe that these are the strongest:
        1. It is immoral and monstrous to cut parts of your children's bodies off.
        2. Maimonides said that the purpose of it was to destroy the boys sexual pleasure and thereby prevent 'promiscuity.'
        3. Victims of Female Genital Mutilation such as Ayaan Hirsi Ali have said that this practice is in fact mutilation and should be a criminal offence.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by The Market Libertarian View Post
          However, it us important to base your opposition on a few very strong arguments. Thus far, I believe that these are the strongest:
          1. It is immoral and monstrous to cut parts of your children's bodies off.
          2. Maimonides said that the purpose of it was to destroy the boys sexual pleasure and thereby prevent 'promiscuity.'
          3. Victims of Female Genital Mutilation such as Ayaan Hirsi Ali have said that this practice is in fact mutilation and should be a criminal offence.
          Nicely put.

          And to me an argument is hardest to refute if it doesn't make outrageous claims.

          Strong: Circumcision wrecks sex. You shouldn't have wrecked my sex life.

          Stronger: Circumcision alters sex dramatically. Nobody else should choose how the owner of a body experiences sex for a lifetime unless there is an emergency that warrants immediate action.

          The second statement makes a weaker claim and I think it is harder to refute.
          -Ron Low
          Service@TLCTugger.com
          847 414-1692 Chicago

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by admin View Post

            Nicely put.

            And to me an argument is hardest to refute if it doesn't make outrageous claims.

            Strong: Circumcision wrecks sex. You shouldn't have wrecked my sex life.

            Stronger: Circumcision alters sex dramatically. Nobody else should choose how the owner of a body experiences sex for a lifetime unless there is an emergency that warrants immediate action.

            The second statement makes a weaker claim and I think it is harder to refute.
            Yes, its best to make your arguments based on obvious facts and common sense that cannot be refuted. If I say that its immoral to cut parts of your children's bodies off, unless they're going to respond by saying that its perfectly fine, they're cornered. Its an undeniable self evident moral fact.

            Seeing as though every argument that follows is based on this premise, I think its the strongest.

            Comment

            Working...
            X