Debate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debate

I am having a debate with a Jewish person, and I made sure to address Genital Mutilation in it:
    http://www.debate.org/debates/HaShem-G-d-exists/1/

Even though it can be fun to debate and argue with people I don't argue with religious people. They always try to bend the words of their religious texts and teachings to fit THEIR interpretation of their religion. All religious people think there are hidden meanings to their holy story books and they try to read between the lines and all that shit. It's like watching every episode of sesame street and trying to find an underlying meaning a simple puppet show for kids, it's not going to make sense unless you fool yourself into thinking it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by resto-mod View Post
      Even though it can be fun to debate and argue with people I don't argue with religious people. They always try to bend the words of their religious texts and teachings to fit THEIR interpretation of their religion. All religious people think there are hidden meanings to their holy story books and they try to read between the lines and all that shit. It's like watching every episode of sesame street and trying to find an underlying meaning a simple puppet show for kids, it's not going to make sense unless you fool yourself into thinking it makes sense.
      I was once religious- I might be able to get him out of this delusion.

Comment

Originally posted by The Market Libertarian View Post

I was once religious- I might be able to get him out of this delusion.
        well I wish you the best of luck man but it's going to be an uphill battle lol.

Comment

Working...
        X