Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woman writes paper arguing that circumcision is genital mutilation, yet does it to her son anyway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman writes paper arguing that circumcision is genital mutilation, yet does it to her son anyway

I posted this on reddit a couple months ago. Out of all the outrageous things written by mutilator moms, this is by far the most outrageous that I've ever seen.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MensRights/...name=frontpage

That woman sounds absolutely insane, and yet the subject is so littered with insanity that it is not surprising to me in the least. She says she wrote a paper comparing it to "FMG," maybe a typo? Maybe she is unqualified to write papers about it? I would love to get a hold of it and read it. How she justifies it though, because other people mutilate themselves with tattoos and piercings makes no sense as well. Those are decisions people make for themselves. Where is the society that tattoos babies with whatever the parent wants when they are still infants?

Comment

I think it depends on how you look at the issue when it comes to piercing and tattoos though. If you are just looking at a human rights standpoint, it all kind of falls under that umbrella of violating bodily integrity. The big difference I see though, not that it is a valid exception, is that piercings are not permanent, whereas tattoos and circumcision are permanent. So while it opens up another can of worms, we can't just sweep it under the rug and pretend it's not related.

People are starting to realize the importance of consent when it comes to acts of sexual violence, and if they can understand that, they are one step closer to understanding how it applies to these issues involving children. Where do parent's rights end, and a child's rights begin? While changing the medical standards may be an effective approach, the standpoint of the medical community has currently put the decision in the hands of the parents. Teaching a generation of new parents about consent may at least open their minds up to aspects of the decision the older generations did not even consider, at least until the standards change.

Comment

Originally posted by deja_ale View Post
        That woman sounds absolutely insane, and yet the subject is so littered with insanity that it is not surprising to me in the least. She says she wrote a paper comparing it to "FMG," maybe a typo? Maybe she is unqualified to write papers about it? I would love to get a hold of it and read it. How she justifies it though, because other people mutilate themselves with tattoos and piercings makes no sense as well. Those are decisions people make for themselves. Where is the society that tattoos babies with whatever the parent wants when they are still infants?
        I'm hoping she's just a silly troll, but I doubt it, since she has a long posting history that includes photos of her breastfeeding a baby.

Comment

Working...
        X