Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just discovered a new subreddit where this one mentally ill guy defends circumcision and deletes all opposing comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just discovered a new subreddit where this one mentally ill guy defends circumcision and deletes all opposing comments

How are some people this stupid?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DebunkingIntactivism/

The only times I've bothered with that website, in recent memory, was to see if anyone was discussing foreskin restoration. There are sub-reddit links for that, too.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/foreskin_restoration/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/restoringdick/

The first one is text-only, and the second allows posting of progress photos. If anyone knows of others, post 'em here.

Comment

Here is a link to his Twitter.

https://twitter.com/AuBernStallion

I suggest sending him this meme on his Twitter.Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=36149&d=1564715045.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	39990

Comment

I tried joining the reddit. I asked if intactivists were welcomed. Bear in mind that I didn't even address intactivist arguments or claim to be an intactivist. Here is the response I got.

r/DebunkingIntactivismYou've been permanently banned from participating in r/DebunkingIntactivism
        expand allcollapse all

[–]subreddit message via /r/DebunkingIntactivism[M] sent 52 minutes ago
        You have been permanently banned from participating in r/DebunkingIntactivism. You can still view and subscribe to r/DebunkingIntactivism, but you won't be able to post or comment.

Note from the moderators:

Attempted to abuse the post approval process to spread misinformation in the Subreddit, misinformation the Subreddit specifically exists to debunk.

If you have a question regarding your ban, you can contact the moderator team for r/DebunkingIntactivism by replying to this message.

Reminder from the Reddit staff: If you use another account to circumvent this subreddit ban, that will be considered a violation of the Content Policy and can result in your account being suspended from the site as a whole.

PermalinkDeleteReportBlock SubredditMark Unread
        r/DebunkingIntactivismYou have been muted from r/DebunkingIntactivism
        expand allcollapse all

[–]subreddit message via /r/DebunkingIntactivism[M] sent 54 minutes ago
        You have been temporarily muted from r/DebunkingIntactivism. You will not be able to message the moderators of r/DebunkingIntactivism for 72 hours.

PermalinkDeleteReportBlock SubredditMark Unread
        r/DebunkingIntactivismI would like to join r/DebunkingIntactivism
        expand allcollapse all

[–]to /r/DebunkingIntactivism sent 14 hours ago
        I would like to become an approved user of this community so I can post and comment

To approve this user, visit the approved users page for r/DebunkingIntactivism and click "ADD USER". Approving this user gives them permission to post and comment. You can change these community restrictions from the community settings page.

To get more information about this user, visit the profile page of u/IslandLover96 or reply to this message to start a conversation.

[–]from AuBernStallion[M] via /r/DebunkingIntactivism sent 9 hours ago
        Hello,

You are new to Reddit, and therefore, you have no post history.

In order to be approved, I'll need you to expound upon your stance on this subject, and also, what you intend to post.

Thank you,

B

PermalinkDeleteReportBlock UserMark Unread
        [–]to AuBernStallion[M] via /r/DebunkingIntactivism sent 6 hours ago
        Regardless of what I think about circumcision, or what you think about circumcision, I am asking you if you allow anti circumcision people to state their viewpoints in this reddit, or if you only allow pro circumcision people to post?

[–]from AuBernStallion[M] via /r/DebunkingIntactivism sent 55 minutes ago
        You're an anti-circumcision activist and you failed to even read the mission statement. Permanently banned, blocked.

[–]from AuBernStallion[M] via /r/DebunkingIntactivism sent 54 minutes ago
        Not everything revolves around you and your broken record community. Not every platform is for you. Not every podium is for your misinformation.

[–]from AuBernStallion[M] via /r/DebunkingIntactivism sent 54 minutes ago
        And it is your intolerance of my freedom of speech, not my intolerance of yours, which causes r/DebunkingIntactivism to be created to begin with. You are an incorrigible hypocrite, a child at heart, and will be treated only as such.

Comment

So I sent him that meme on his Twitter. He wrote the following:

https://twitter.com/AuBernStallion/s...99847521193984

Yes, people without arguments argue through memes lacking in any and all substantiation. Just an image and a mindless cult mantra. Thanks for supporting my cause. Circumcision is not child abuse and your many claims are scientifically lacking.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6899915/
          I then attempted to respond, by asking him what I have said that is false, but then I realized that he blocked me.

For those on Twitter, please ask him what I said that is false, and why he blocks people with whom he disagrees, rather than debate their arguments.
          Last edited by savethechildren; 01-15-2020, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Sounds like his mind is closed, and all he wants to do is live in his bubble. Have you thought about what you are hoping to accomplish by engaging him repeatedly?

Regards

Comment

I am trying to get him to see that he is wrong. I also am hoping to convince his followers that he is wrong. Unfortunately, he allows no debate on the issue, and blocks me rather than addressing my counterarguments.

Comment

I don't see any point in communicating with full-blown devotees of anything, unless it's to strengthen your own understanding of both your own views and the opposition's views. Converting a devotee will never happen. It'd be like trying to make me believe in god. People have been trying for many years, and all they've done is add to my list of evidence that god is bullshit.

That reddit guy will NEVER stop being devoted to circumcision, so... just stay away from him. Interacting with his page will only bump it up on search engine algorithms that promote popular content, drawing more people into his little cutter cult.

Comment

Working...
                X