Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tomjones
    replied
    I consider a doctor who performs unnecessary circumcisions as child abuse, but not as a rapist or a child molester.

Leave a comment:

• parsecskin
    replied
    Originally posted by savethechildren View Post
    Andrew Yang is pro circumcision.

Well then, he is ALL crap!

Leave a comment:

• savethechildren
    replied
    Originally posted by parsecskin View Post
    Yup, "Andrew Yang for a Better Wang"! Except the rest of his ideas are crap.
    Andrew Yang is pro circumcision. He even attended a baby cutting celebration, like Trump!

https://twitter.com/andrewyang/statu...407105?lang=en

Just to clarify - I support the freedom of parents to adopt circumcision for any religious or cultural ritual as desired. Actually have attended a brit milah myself and felt privileged to be there. Thanks Mikael. Always up to parents. 👍

Leave a comment:

• parsecskin
    replied
    Yup, "Andrew Yang for a Better Wang"! Except the rest of his ideas are crap.

Leave a comment:

• The Metal One
    replied
    That's a pretty radical solution. Unnecessarily so, in my opinion.
    If you want to make social/political change, there are already avenues to pursue without resorting to provoking legal action, and targeting individuals specifically.
    Write your congressman, get a petition going, protest peacefully, organize with those who think the way you do, and always present your case in a calm, rational way.

In an era where every political issue seems to have both sides cranked up to 11 on their extremism, perhaps a calmer, more mature approach would be the better one.
    You catch more flies with honey...etc.

Leave a comment:

• Reality
    replied
    Yet again, lap-dogs trying to be wolves. You first have to answer the question: who pays for neonatal circ? It's hardly a novel suggestion to follow the money; as a tactic in the serious adult world its in common usuage; investigative agencies have used it for many years; on the internet we have to rely on the lower grades and their playground bluster for their comments and strategy. Sad.

So intactivists, if you want to be effective (assuming you actually are serious and not just another adolescent with a keyboard) or, you want to sound knowledgeable and experienced, as opposed to the OP, actually look into the subject, find out how "the system" operates, who the players are, what the guidelines are. It's a serious subject. I've been on this forum and the old forum, making the same suggestion, and nobody has been intelligent enough to take the time to do this, so you let little kids who are angry at their mommies and daddies represent intactivism. It's up to you. You can see me at the "enemy" because I hold a light up to your ignorance and lack of energy, or you can actually learn something, help the silent readers of this site.

Leave a comment:

• Going Hooded
    replied
    Originally posted by savethechildren View Post
    So I have been thinking about baby cutting, and I have a plan for criminalizing this horrific behavior.

My plan is as follows: one of us writes a one-star review online calling a baby cutter a child molester, they sue us, and then we prove in court that circumcision is child sexual abuse, and because they are a baby cuter, they are molesters. After winning the case, it would not be defamation to refer to the baby cutter as a child rapist, and that would mean, by default, circumcision would be child rape.

What do you think? Is this a good idea or a bad idea?
    I would take a different approach that may be more advantageous and reach more people in the long term than trying to take on a specific doctor: I would try to win in the court of public opinion:

I think you would be more effective to work with an organization such as "Blood Stained Men" or Intaction.org and make some type of display that demonstrates the barbaric nature of circumcision with the focus of public education.

I may feel better to go after a specific doctor over hurt. But I think our best 'weapon' is education and almost a "Mythbusters" type approach to the realities of circumcision.

Leave a comment:

• savethechildren
    replied
    Originally posted by CI5 View Post
    Theres plenty of men who are cut who, A) dont know or care about the alternative or B) arent worried about loss of sensation.
    it does seem a bit harsh to label a doctor who performs circumcision a molester.
    its a barbaric practise, yes. Developed by bronze age humans to combat uncleanliness and then written into religions. The way to proceed is to educate new parents of male babies to leave their boys dicks alone. Not to demonize doctors.
    if theres no demand, there wont be doctors to perform the proceedure.
    There are also many cut women in the Arab world who don't care about FGM. Does that justify the abhorrent practice of female circumcision?

Performing a circumcision is harsh. The baby cutter deserves to be tied down and have his genitalia skinned, and see how he likes it.

There are no 'doctors' who perform baby cutting. They are child predators, plain and simple. No real doctor mutilates children. That is why there are no doctors in America who perform infant circumcision. Please explain to me why I should regard them as being 'doctors', when they are quacks, plain and simple.

Leave a comment:

• KragDragon
    replied
    Theres plenty of men who are cut who, A) dont know or care about the alternative or B) arent worried about loss of sensation.
    it does seem a bit harsh to label a doctor who performs circumcision a molester.
    its a barbaric practise, yes. Developed by bronze age humans to combat uncleanliness and then written into religions. The way to proceed is to educate new parents of male babies to leave their boys dicks alone. Not to demonize doctors.
    On the one hand I agree with you... on the other hand, one could say it's harsh to dismiss someone's mutilation as a simple misunderstanding simply because some people who got mutilated didn't care. It would be like if two people got raped... one shrugged it off, the other got traumatized, and because victim one was able to shrug it off you don't seek action against the rapist for causing victim two a great deal of anguish.

Corporal punishment is a very similar situation to circumcision. At one time, whacking naughty kids with a yardstick was part of the routine at schools. People used the old "hey I got spanked and I turned out okay" argument in favor of it, but that didn't stop opponents from deeming it child abuse. Circumcision is 100 times worse than getting your ass smacked, so to me there's just nothing else it can be called besides abuse.

I don't think it's a stretch to call it sex abuse either, because it's abuse inflicted specifically on a sex organ, which will alter one's sex experiences for life.

There will always be a demand for circumcision. Look at corporal punishment... even though it's banned almost everywhere and the majority of people know it's a harmful way to punish kids, there's still a LOT of people who strongly believe in it and do beat their kids when nobody is looking. If it wasn't illegal they'd still be whacking kids with sticks at schools all over the place.

Leave a comment:

• Reality
    replied
    Well said. I said it a bit differently above, but it probably won't see the light of day.

Leave a comment:

• CI5
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KragDragon
    replied
    In my opinion, circumcision is substantially worse than molestation. I'd much rather have my penis inappropriately fondled or full on raped than part of it chopped off. Rape is something you can heal from... circumcision is forever.

I don't think your plan will work though. I think you'd be better off just compiling a list of comparisons between baby cutting and rape, and all the evidence you can find proving it's sex abuse, and advocate like crazy. Put the idea out there everywhere you can. Ideas are like seeds... spread them around and sooner or later they'll find a place to take root.

To me, it is sex abuse, but a different, worse type of sex abuse. Normal sex abuse is making non-consensual sexual advances on someone... circumcision is stripping someone of their sexual anatomy. One you use a person for sexual pleasure... the other you take away a person's own sexual pleasure... permanently. Seems like a no-brainer which is the worse thing to be a victim of.

Leave a comment:

• Reality
    replied
    This is a haters fantasy, ignorant of the way the whole thing works. Ask yourself, who pays for neonatal circumcision? Do you think these "cutters" do it for no payment at all? That would be part of your fantasy of evil, right? Wake up. Intactivism is a real thing, but it's pulled down lower than street, unprofessional level by this kind of BS.

Leave a comment:

• savethechildren
    replied
    I did give the baby cutter who mutilated me a one star review about 2 weeks ago. I wrote

​​​​​​
    She is a child abuser. She has no place pretending as though she is a 'doctor'.
    If she sends me a letter threatening to sue, I will tell that stupid baby cutting **** that I will see her in court. So far, nothing has happened.

If others here have confirmed cases of baby cutters, they can PM me the details, and I will also give them the same review.

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied
    I voted good idea, but I meant for someone else to pursue. I'm not going to be the test case who risks being sued for huge amounts.

There was a circumcision-related lawsuit in Minnesota (discussed at length in the Circumcise Me? [2006] documentary from the BBC https://vimeo.com/9031078).

In that case - litigated by Zenas Baer - the plaintiff tried to introduce the circumcision tools to show that the victim was tortured. The judge disallowed that evidence and the plaintiff did not prevail.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X