Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It seems that a lot of circumcised men are in extreme denial about the negative effects of circumcision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It seems that a lot of circumcised men are in extreme denial about the negative effects of circumcision

Whenever I talked to men (who told me they were circumcised), they always defended the procedure and denied the negative effects of circumcision and tried looking for any excuse for why it should be done to infants.
    However, whenever I talked to men (who told me they were uncircumcised), they seemed a lot more likely to question the procedure and were more likely to be against it being done to infants.

Most men you'll meet who are circumcised have been that way their entire lives. They don't know any differently, so they might be unlikely to know of any negative effects.

Then again, I had figured out by my early teenage years that having tight skin during erections was a problem I had because I was circumcised. I wish I'd known back then that I could do something about it, but at least I eventually found out about foreskin restoration.

Those with loose skin might not see circumcision as a problem. For others with tight skin, they might just see it as a mere frustrating fact of life... I know I did, for a while.

Still others who try to ignore the problem might be the ones who are in denial.

As for doing it to infants, any man promoting it is just trying to rationalize what happened to him. If he were to question the given excuses, he might start to rethink the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by z726 View Post
      Most men you'll meet who are circumcised have been that way their entire lives. They don't know any differently, so they might be unlikely to know of any negative effects.

Then again, I had figured out by my early teenage years that having tight skin during erections was a problem I had because I was circumcised. I wish I'd known back then that I could do something about it, but at least I eventually found out about foreskin restoration.

Those with loose skin might not see circumcision as a problem. For others with tight skin, they might just see it as a mere frustrating fact of life... I know I did, for a while.

Still others who try to ignore the problem might be the ones who are in denial.

As for doing it to infants, any man promoting it is just trying to rationalize what happened to him. If he were to question the given excuses, he might start to rethink the matter.
      Circumcised men who are promoting it are part of the reason why it's still going on in America. It's pretty sad that most circumcised men are delusional when it comes to circumcision.

Here are some quotes from this website about circumcision:
      Persons who have lost body parts must grieve their loss. The first stage of grief is denial of the loss. Fitzgerald and Parkes state that "Anything that seriously impairs sensory or cognitive function is bound to have profound psychological effects, not only on the person who is affected but also on family, friends, workmates, and caregivers."

The thought of permanent loss of sensory function is so painful that persons deny their loss in order to avoid facing the painful feelings. Denial of loss causes a flight from reality.

Parkes et al. state that persons in denial may minimize their loss. Circumcision causes the loss of a body part and all of its functions including a drastic loss of erogenous sensory function, so denial of loss is not uncommon in circumcised males. Circumcised males may experience the full range of distress and emotional dysfunction resulting from loss. This frequently results in circumcised fathers adamantly insisting that a son be circumcised.

Fathers are frequently unable to vocalize their feelings. They will say that "I want my son to look like me," even though the child may be different in eye color, hair color, and other aspects. In fact, what the father really may be feeling is, "I don't want a son with an intact penis to remind me of what I have lost."

Comment

Most guys (especially the older generations) just don't want to think about it. They get a normal men's haircut, wear normal jeans, work a normal job, enjoy normal entertainment, hold normal beliefs, and have a normal (by american societal standards) penis, and they want no part in anything else. Get a normal wife, have some normal kids, and since circumcision is normal to them, give their kids a normal circumcision.

Most americans lived their lives on the idea that circumcision is an upgrade over dirty 3rd world heathens (which is a misconception because 3rd world countries have the highest circ rates of all). They hear one story of phimosis or an infection, and that cements it in their minds forever that foreskin is bad for you. (That's why I was circumcised... "because it's nice and clean and prevents all those problems". )

Most men, even if they've realized what they lost, will try to look on the positive side and make the most of what they have left (that was me ever since I learned I'd been robbed of my foreskin).

Most men, if they hear about foreskin restoration, will think it's either impossible or just a ridiculous concept, and will think you're a damn nutcase if you tell them you're doing it.

Meanwhile, most uncut guys like their all-natural dick the way it is and the idea of chopping any part of it off is horrifying to them, as chopping any body part off should be.

Comment

Originally posted by KragDragon View Post
          Most guys (especially the older generations) just don't want to think about it. They get a normal men's haircut, wear normal jeans, work a normal job, enjoy normal entertainment, hold normal beliefs, and have a normal (by american societal standards) penis, and they want no part in anything else. Get a normal wife, have some normal kids, and since circumcision is normal to them, give their kids a normal circumcision.

Most americans lived their lives on the idea that circumcision is an upgrade over dirty 3rd world heathens (which is a misconception because 3rd world countries have the highest circ rates of all). They hear one story of phimosis or an infection, and that cements it in their minds forever that foreskin is bad for you. (That's why I was circumcised... "because it's nice and clean and prevents all those problems". )

Most men, even if they've realized what they lost, will try to look on the positive side and make the most of what they have left (that was me ever since I learned I'd been robbed of my foreskin).

Most men, if they hear about foreskin restoration, will think it's either impossible or just a ridiculous concept, and will think you're a damn nutcase if you tell them you're doing it.

Meanwhile, most uncut guys like their all-natural dick the way it is and the idea of chopping any part of it off is horrifying to them, as chopping any body part off should be.
          Well put!

Comment

Working...
          X